• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Guild Battlegrounds Watchtower and Siege Camp Ability Re-balance

Beta King

Viceroy
Read some messages from "weak, little, lazy" (thats how smaller guilds are called ) they said they could do more fights , of course the " big, strong, active" guilds will still rule but there is not a single small guild that claimed they had to be equal to the big guilds , no they just don't want to be excluded by to guilds blocking and swapping.

And all that bragging we will stop playing and many will leave and this will be the end of foe or GbG, i think for every 100 players leaving a 1000 others will finaly enjoy GbG also.
I pray for your sake that most of the players in your main world stop playing FOE so you and your little guild can have the whole GBG map to sit around and play with yourselves!

jovada

Regent
Your zero to the place and out of place only means that you do'nt know GBG. You don't understand how the strongest play. You will never understand what thousands of fights are made of. I showed our map in the living world a couple of days ago. One of the guilds approached us with an offer of swops. Then they brought another guild. There are only two tiles with three slots on the map. And the geniuses wanted to hit only these tiles and everything that is around. But not always, but only when tiles are left with camps after the capture. They never understood why I was against it. They never understood why I insisted that they go next, on tiles with 2 and 1 slot and hit it. Well, now they're sitting in HQ. You will never understand where thousands of fights a day come from. You'll just sit in your shell and yell about zero attrition.
What you explain here is just that the other guild wanted to profit , and i would react the same as you.
But that has nothing to do with the thousands of fights
And you are wrong i know GbG very well and in my main world i also dealt with the same problem as you show here, or waiting for other guilds to finaly attack, or guilds making agreement and at the first occasion backstab you. I know it all but that does'nt mean i like the 0 attrition, that is just not right.

Last edited:

jovada

Regent
I pray for your sake that most of the players in your main world stop playing FOE so you and your little guild can have the whole GBG map to sit around and play with yourselves!
Again you must read correctly , i said all that bragging from the negatives that they will stop (i say bragging cause i don't believe many will stop)
So your reaction is again complete nonsens.

smartuser5

Farmer
my opinion: it will be boring!!
at the moment everyone has the possibility to look for a guild that suits their style of play. if you are a top fighter you will find a place in a no1 guild if you only fight a little you will find another one. With the new rules, the battle guilds will no longer invest dimes. a big loss for inno. you will win a sector and then lose again. after a while it gets so boring that nobody wants to do 1000 fights anymore.

Owl II

Emperor
What you explain here is just that the other guild wanted to profit , and i would react the same as you.
But that has nothing to do with the thousands of fights
And you are wrong i know GbG very well and in my main world i also dealt with the same problem as you show here, or waiting for other guilds to finaly attack, or guilds making agreement and at the first occasion backstab you. I know it all but that does'nt mean i like the 0 attrition, that is just not right.
If you know GBG, then you should understand that it is impossible to fill a thousand fights a day and not get attrition. Perhaps there are such ghouls who act as you describe. But these are parasites and they don't live in healthy teams, in strong teams. There are guilds like our current "friends". Or like the guild of Pericles, who does not believe that there can be twice as many fights on the waterfall map as he sees in own guild. But this is not a role model. Building a strong team capable of reaching the top is a real strategy, not free fights in the center of the map

CrashBoom

Legend
it is getting boring if it doesn't go live

so how about a little testing change in the next beta season:
a 3 or 5 SC cap instead of the 4

another 4 SC cap seaon won't give new data
but little different setting would

From what I've seen of this experiment in beta, this is a complete failure. The top diamond map looks like a gold or platinum map. Nothing is moving, it's boring.

It seems nearly impossible to improve matchmaking. Firstly, the size of the guild is not the issue, it's how many active fighters they have. I've seen 80 member guilds in copper league do nothing. Second, a lot of the guilds that bounce between Platinum and Diamond are doing themselves a disservice by building palaces and other buildings that allow them to farm sectors for an entire season and get them bumped up a league they are not suited for. This is their own fault and bad planning. However, the LP system does nothing to address this. Battlegrounds has a lot of flaws that the 66.6% plan will only make worse. Again, it's all relative. The only thing this will succeed in doing is making BG a less appealing part of the game and the ones that will pay the price are the newer lower level players.

If you know GBG, then you should understand that it is impossible to fill a thousand fights a day and not get attrition. Perhaps there are such ghouls who act as you describe. But these are parasites and they don't live in healthy teams, in strong teams. There are guilds like our current "friends". Or like the guild of Pericles, who does not believe that there can be twice as many fights on the waterfall map as he sees in own guild. But this is not a role model. Building a strong team capable of reaching the top is a real strategy, not free fights in the center of the map
Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds? On the one hand you are saying that a player cannot do 1000 fights in a day without attrition (which is not true). On the other hand, you are saying that I don't believe that 2X what I see (which would amount to 16,000 guild fights per day) is possible (btw, I know that 16K fights is possible because I'm one of the few that actually looks at data). You then cap it off saying that you're not going for "free fights in the center of the map". Please educate me...how in the heck does a player get to 1000/day, or a guild get to 16K per day, without mining zero attrition fights in the center of the map? It is simply impossible, and you know it. This is why folks, like you, are so opposed the to the SC/WT change...the world, as you know it, is about to change and you are unhappy about it. :)

Thunderdome

Emperor
S***, if you can do 10k fights in a day, you either don't have a life outside of FoE or are botting (which are you?). Other than those who can do those fights at those numbers, there shouldn't be any b******* about rewards farming because we all know that Inno rewards are after several fights or negos, and not after each one.

You want data?

With no attrition mitigating buildings, a person whose attrition is 45 will no doubt get no more than 45 fights; a person whose attrition is 130 will get up to 130 fights; and a small player whose attrition is at 20 will get only 20 fights in.

Can we all agree to that as being the base? Good. Now, for said rewards...

Since it is on average that a reward is given after 4-5 fights (20-25% chance of receiving a reward), the following rewards are handed out (for fighting):
• 45 Attrition Player: 9-11 rewards per day
• 130 Attrition Player: 26-33 rewards per day
• 20 Attrition Player: 4-5 rewards per day

If anyone receives more than these estimates, they are very lucky the FoE gods have their backs; else, those who received less the FoE gods had cursed them. As a personal note, I am at the receiving end of straight attrition about 90% of the time; the 10% would be on sectors already having 1 SC in service.

Let's talk about 10 day totals (without any attrition mitigating buildings):
• 45 Attrition Player: 450 fights
• 130 Attrition Player: 1300 fights
• 20 Attrition Player: 200 fights

And rewards for those 10 days (again, without any attrition mitigating buildings):
• 45 Attrition Player: 90-110 rewards per season
• 130 Attrition Player: 260-330 rewards per season
• 20 Attrition Player: 40-50 rewards per season

With time and A/D-A% building, the fights will increase but the rewards will slowly increase (remember, on average it's 20-25% to get a reward).

Now, I truly understand the fuss about 0 attrition and rewards farming/sector swapping. For those that do 10k fights a day, I stand on what I said in the beginning paragraph; you are genuinely the problem. You're the problem because you don't let others in your guild get any fights in; who can get any in if all places are with 159/160 flags and the leaders will frown when a person in the same guild tries to get a fight in. If you're botting, you do not get any sympathy from me whatsoever.

Had Inno limited the number of fights/negos instead, everyone will have a chance to participate; free from all the fight hogging.

Since this nerf was in place, I have yet to see any of my guild leadership build any SC/WTs. However, we take sectors whether or not an attrition mitigating building was present; we do it for the victory points and do not hold any sector hostage (159/160 as I had seen in the past with other guilds). We knew it will be taken; so we wait the time to get back at it and take it back.

Yeah, it's going to hurt our troop count since the majority have a low level 'traz; but after time, we will bounce back.

shad2389

Viceroy
To improve matchmaking i would make gbg a cross server thing where you could go for example against a french guild , an italian guild ect all in same season

Thunderdome

Emperor
To improve matchmaking i would make gbg a cross server thing where you could go for example against a french guild , an italian guild ect all in same season
Cross server is never a good thing, mate. We've had a lot of games that went this route only to have those at the top complaining on how mundane it became and the ones at the bottom complaining how they are not able to win. This kind of behavior kills a game really quick into boredom.

Although, if they had their heads on right (developers), I would like to see a real matchmaking kind of thing happen for the first time on any mode; but Inno can't even get the matchmaking on certain places right anyways.

Aragorn I

Farmer
Why would it impact your motivation? You'd still want the reward. And if this keeps the large guilds from dominating the map because they max out earlier, then it gives the smaller guilds the opportunity to take more tiles. Granted, they won't be those juicy 3 building tiles near the center - but you weren't getting those most times in full diamond anyway.
I didn't quite understand your argument. With the possibility of buying siege camps, small guilds can greatly multiply their combat capacity, and can even reach the center of the map with the same speed as large guilds. I still believe that this change will benefit the big guilds much more than the small ones in the game.

CrashBoom

Legend
great idea

and because of server performance problems after every fight there will be a 15 second delay to synchronize the servers :D

Cross server is never a good thing,
especially in real time when the servers can't handle it o_O

and no it is not like GEX
there it is only ONE number per guild and it doesn't matter if that is 30 minutes outdated :rolleyes:

Owl II

Emperor
(btw, I know that 16K fights is possible because I'm one of the few that actually looks at data).
Yeah? Really? Well, it's good that you at least learned something here, on these last 30 pages of the thread. Because you thought otherwise earlier:D
Please educate me...how in the heck does a player get to 1000/day, or a guild get to 16K per day, without mining zero attrition fights in the center of the map? It is simply impossible, and you know it.
It's impossible to do 1000 fights without attrition for me. But it is quite possible for the ghouls that Jowada is suffering about, and for guilds like yours. But you can do it as long as your rival or your guildmates allows you. Our dear friends have burrowed into their burrow this season and are studying the benefits of attrition on shore tiles. Big and strong guild will not allow anyone in its ranks to hit without attrition all day. The math is simple: at least 15-20 people go to each tile. You are lucky if you managed to do 10 fights. You will not have enough 12 tiles in the center to make 1000 fights a day. Just not enough. And you will have to go further and get your desired attrition on the 3rd circle. We know how our fighters do 1000 and more fights a day. Most of them support night swaps. If you hit 14 tiles with two or three guildmates at night, then this is close to a thousand fights. And we are grateful to them for this, because otherwise we would have failed our partner in the farm season or we would have been thrown back to the hq in the fight season
This is why folks, like you, are so opposed the to the SC/WT change...the world, as you know it, is about to change and you are unhappy about it. :)
You have no idea how much my world has changed. You have no idea how indifferent I am to what happens in the game in this context

Last edited: