• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2022

Astrid

Baronet
Over last several days I found 6-8 dobloons, so it seems to me that they increased the chances to get them from incidents. This is good news, but it shouldn't be mandatory in any way to complete the main building depending on your luck. Every player who completes the event should have a fully levelled main prize regardless of compass / incidents luck.

Also, about the surprise box. It should have been treated as an extra reward that you managed to complete the previous event and not as a penalty as it was until now - if you didn't get it you wouldn't be able to max the main prize for the next event without diamonds. So I am glad it is gone.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Over last several days I found 6-8 dobloons, so it seems to me that they increased the chances to get them from incidents.
probably no - most likely just statistics...
Also, about the surprise box. It should have been treated as an extra reward that you managed to complete the previous event and not as a penalty as it was until now - if you didn't get it you wouldn't be able to max the main prize for the next event without diamonds. So I am glad it is gone.
I was fine with the concept of the surprise box - it rewarded consistency in game play - everyone (besides players that just started the game ) had a chance to get the previous events surprise box - they did not even have to do any event minigames, just some quests...

Also, I think one of the reasons behind the surprise box was to reduce the FTP players DS wins - that is per se not good for me as an FTP player, but the inflation of the DS was quite severe in recent times, so I was fine with it.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I can confirm that it still only cost 1200 :rolleyes:
In that case the discount was no discount at all and there will likely be no discount in the next event and the prize will be 1800...

The better way of doing the discount would be to have the discount up only for the first week or so - so players that buy early are rewarded for their "foresight" or gamble, while players that only buy when they know exactly what they can get for it at the end of the event will have to pay a bit more.

Last edited:

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I liked the principle of the box but it shouldn't become essential to get the prize for the next event, it should be a plus.
This solution would make it possible to retain players in events without penalizing those who were absent at the previous one.
I hate that obtaining a special building is dependent on incidents, therefore randomness.

Thunderdome

Emperor
As I took that journey into the world of randomness, some things come as to no surprise...

Compass Spins Started: 135
Compass Spins Ended: 0
Compass Milestone Completed: 277
Began: After q54 Completion

Myth I: Absence of a Surprise Box will yield a full leveled building without the need for diamonds.
Reason: Without the surprise box reward, a player will have to try to go to 300 compass sails in order to get the final upgrade for the event building. This means spending diamonds or hoping the Incident gods were good to them. The IG wasn't good to me as I only got 4 doubloons from incidents alone (hence why I didn't rely on them very much). Kudos to those that were able to get more than what I got. Even if I get lucky on 3 sails per spin from the 4 doubloons I will get for the last day of the event, I will still be 1 shy from hitting the 300 mark. This means I will have to spend diamonds to get that mark. However, malice is always present so it will see me possibly spending for 5 bonus doubloons just to get to 300. I have the surprise box opened, so I am not worried as I am good at 260.

Myth II: Having the extra kit from the SB will yield a full leveled building without the need for diamonds.
Reason: While it was possible with me in getting the full leveled building with just 277, a player will need 260 in order to have it all in place (including getting the last upgrade from q55's milestone). However, if you are short of the 260 line, you will need to spend diamonds just to make up to that point (if you're not lucky in getting any doubloons from incidents or the compass spins kept giving you 1's). The latter happened with a guildie as she is currently 11 short from reaching the 260 compass milestone (had she didn't have the SB, she would be way off from the 300 needed for the full building). She could be lucky in getting a 12 from the 4 doubloons she will get at event's end, but this is Inno, where malice and mayhem (All-State commercial) is present.

Depending on circumstances at this point, the need for diamond spending will be evident. The costs depends on how far a player is from a certain milestone, and how many 1's are projected as a result. Those who managed to make it far, kudos to them.

Ironrooster

Baronet
Well without spending diamonds, the last 2 days have been very favorable - an extra doubloon and lucky spins.
I ended up 5 spaces beyond what I needed to get to level 11.
Bonus, my last spin won the Gold Prize!!

Fuxi

Farmer
Event fulfilled, missing 6 steps for the upgrade kit to level 11 :rolleyes:
I was not lucky when spinning the wheel and finding dublone in incidents, spend my diamonds for extra spins, but that's not enough. Will we get 2 dublones for the login tomorrow? With much luck to spins would give 3 Steps.

edit: I've got 2 Dublones and bought 1 extra spin, so I exactly landed on the 11th tavern kit. I think, the dublones gained in the game are too less for getting the main price complete when the event goes live.

Last edited:
Did they nerf the stats on the building? Big yikes, definitely not laying that down with defense boosts.

Edit: probably because I'm in CA, but still that small footprint could go somewhere else better.

Thunderdome

Emperor
Don't know.

All I remembered was the final building levels (choice of two) will have the criss cross of stats (a blue and a red) making them nearly rubbish to put down. The other things that they (Inno) did was remove the goods/guild treasury goods from the final levels because they were screaming "imbalance" (heck, most of the stuff they do are an imbalance anyways); guess the bulbs didn't light up for them to make them as far as SA:JM so they won't have to worry about the next age. And, even so, if people have enough One-Up or Renovation kits, they can age their current goods buildings to the new age before collecting, so I don't know where the fuss was at.

Player who plays efficiently = enemy in Inno's eyes
Inno's Rebalance = Drudgery for the player

Heh, this is Inno we're talking about. In the past, we used to have the event popping up a few days before it begins with a timer (similar to what you find in the live server) so we can prepare in that time.

Personally, I don't mind them in having a building in my city, but make it so it can let us know ahead of time so we can either decide to partake in it, sulk about it (in the time we would be on vacation while our favorite ones are running), or skip it (for those that aren't our fancy).
In the past we used to have 2 to 3 events less. More time more planning to used event periods. But the last 2 years this changed. Sudden more events popped up and you are in kind of a run form after the event is before the event. Especially if you look for certain items like kits and stuff

Thunderdome

Emperor
Oh I am pretty certain that we will have many short timed events in the future, because many players have been really efficient in their planning. No more will a player say that it took weeks before the next event comes up.

However, there are certain events I do sit out from participating. With the Surprise Box gone, I do not have to worry about doing a certain milestone (quest wise) in order to get each SB from the events to be used for the main building in the next event. Therefore, I can just skip events at will and do the ones I wanted to do. It gives me a little bit more flexibility, especially when I am on the road most of the time working.

FMaxi

Merchant
As I took that journey into the world of randomness, some things come as to no surprise...

Compass Spins Started: 135
Compass Spins Ended: 0
Compass Milestone Completed: 277
Began: After q54 Completion

Myth I: Absence of a Surprise Box will yield a full leveled building without the need for diamonds.
Reason: Without the surprise box reward, a player will have to try to go to 300 compass sails in order to get the final upgrade for the event building. This means spending diamonds or hoping the Incident gods were good to them. The IG wasn't good to me as I only got 4 doubloons from incidents alone (hence why I didn't rely on them very much). Kudos to those that were able to get more than what I got. Even if I get lucky on 3 sails per spin from the 4 doubloons I will get for the last day of the event, I will still be 1 shy from hitting the 300 mark. This means I will have to spend diamonds to get that mark. However, malice is always present so it will see me possibly spending for 5 bonus doubloons just to get to 300. I have the surprise box opened, so I am not worried as I am good at 260.

Myth II: Having the extra kit from the SB will yield a full leveled building without the need for diamonds.
Reason: While it was possible with me in getting the full leveled building with just 277, a player will need 260 in order to have it all in place (including getting the last upgrade from q55's milestone). However, if you are short of the 260 line, you will need to spend diamonds just to make up to that point (if you're not lucky in getting any doubloons from incidents or the compass spins kept giving you 1's). The latter happened with a guildie as she is currently 11 short from reaching the 260 compass milestone (had she didn't have the SB, she would be way off from the 300 needed for the full building). She could be lucky in getting a 12 from the 4 doubloons she will get at event's end, but this is Inno, where malice and mayhem (All-State commercial) is present.

Depending on circumstances at this point, the need for diamond spending will be evident. The costs depends on how far a player is from a certain milestone, and how many 1's are projected as a result. Those who managed to make it far, kudos to them.
I guess, the core of the problem is if you spin 3 steps (milestones) on the compass, but you have only 1 milestone to go to the end of the recent map, the remaining 2 milestones won't be added to the next map. You start every map from the very beginning. :( I asked earlier if this is a bug or on purpose, but no answer yet.

6zeva9

Baronet
I guess, the core of the problem is if you spin 3 steps (milestones) on the compass, but you have only 1 milestone to go to the end of the recent map, the remaining 2 milestones won't be added to the next map. You start every map from the very beginning. :( I asked earlier if this is a bug or on purpose, but no answer yet.
There is nothing wrong with the map it is how you are reading it.
If I needed only 1 to get a reward and got a 2 (or needed 2 and got a 3) my ship would be place on the 1st position on the next journey, if I got a 3 it would be on the 2nd position on the next journey.
If I got to exactly 20 on a journey, the ship would be placed below the journey map (as shown in the attachment).

Attachments

• Journey.png
    Journey.png
    242.8 KB · Views: 13

Thunderdome

Emperor
The two milestones should be added once a new map is started (it will land on two dots from the beginning point). The animation was sketchy when I was sailing; it wouldn't do anything on the first spin, but the next spin, you see it go "quantum warp" of 4 spaces (and there are only 3 possible advances on the spin); another time, the ship was doing a "moonwalk" which I was laughing before it went to the right spot.