• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Levels to Event Buildings Final vs Penultimate

One thing that has always buggered me about Event Buildings is the vast difference there is between the final level and the penultimate level.

I have an example in my current beta world where I am semi active (login 5 days a week) and also getting the crappest luck in the Summer Event sails which means I can only afford a level 10 Privateers’ Bathhouse without spending diamonds at most.

Now I don’t really care about it much because I hate the Summer Event, but after having a look at recent event buildings I’ve noticed such stark difference between the two final levels, especially for those with two or more options of upgrades at the final levels, like the Mountain Reserve and Winter Canal.

I’m not asking for change even though I’d like to see it, but I don’t know, just give it a thought or a like if it’s buggered you sometimes.

.Chris

Baronet
I think that that's exactly how it should be.

In my main world I never failed to get the last upgrade-kit ever since I understood what events are and how they are intended to be played.

In some WW worlds I sometimes didn't get all the upgrades and that annoyed me, but it was always my fault for not being active enough.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
They've played around with not having it that way before as a balancing act for the crowd that doesn't quite finish them. I think there are some buildings where you get like 85% of the benefit for 90% of the levels.

But yea, I think the impetus to "finish" the building is important to them from a marketing perspective - so 50% (or less) of the benefit for 90% of the levels is far more normal. Often with something like the attack boost many players are targeting not showing up at all until that final level.

Emberguard

Emperor
Often with something like the attack boost many players are targeting not showing up at all until that final level.
Yeah. Though for the most part it probably doesn't change much having the bulk of the bonus added to the last level

New players would be comparing between Event and Build menu. At that point a Level 1 would be better than the alternative on the Build menu

A experienced player should be familiar enough on the game to fully complete the building for free anyway by the time they're worrying about whether or not they get the last level.

I'm guessing it'd likely only really effect a player if they're barely playing and by extension missing a lot of the event currency that's given for daily log ins.

zookeepers

Marquis
I don't think it is not fair that the final level is so much stronger than the level before, but actually, that isn't the only case. For example, Golden Orrery L9 had 8FP, 24% def boost compared to 10FP, 27% def (both for SAJM) at L10, which is not a big difference. The big difference for this item was its graphic where it suddenly starts moving at L10. Well, still that, I have some thoughts about this.

Making graphics is not done for free. It should cost something as long as some staff are working for it. Event buildings have 9, 10 or even 11 levels but we never see those buildings except the final level. I think it is kind of wasting resources. New event building with 3 or 4 levels. I don't know what will be a problem if they designed that way.

faramir

Farmer
I don't know English, so it's translated via google.

the fact that I don't like this event, because the dream of getting the main building is a lottery. a small mistake is enough and I can wave at the complete building.

this year's main building is a disaster.
though last year wasn't any better either.

you should come up with another event instead of this one.
you came up with a couple of good events, like the annual one. make it autumnal instead of this bakery one.

and above all, place the buildings in such a way as to appeal to all players, not just novices.

Ironrooster

Baronet
Lately, I have been playing the events more for prior buildings. This year's buildings are okay, but not as good as prior years.

The best thing about the fall event this year is the Harvest Farm selection kits. I managed to get 13 of those.

The summer event was the same this year, getting selection kits for prior buildings was better than the event building. There I got 18 selection kits to complete my Crow' Nest and Governor's Villa plus all 9 levels for the Pirate's Hideout.

I think the Fall event this year was not thought out very well. They shortened the event to 2 weeks and eliminated the event box. Unfortunately, they did not increase the ingredients enough to compensate. Even though I have completed all the quests, all the daily challenges, and picked up all the daily freebies, it's no longer enough to get a fully upgraded building. I need to finish in the Apprentice League for that last upgrade - I am in it at the moment, but could easily fall out..

Lately, I have been playing the events more for prior buildings. This year's buildings are okay, but not as good as prior years.

The best thing about the fall event this year is the Harvest Farm selection kits. I managed to get 13 of those.

The summer event was the same this year, getting selection kits for prior buildings was better than the event building. There I got 18 selection kits to complete my Crow' Nest and Governor's Villa plus all 9 levels for the Pirate's Hideout.

I think the Fall event this year was not thought out very well. They shortened the event to 2 weeks and eliminated the event box. Unfortunately, they did not increase the ingredients enough to compensate. Even though I have completed all the quests, all the daily challenges, and picked up all the daily freebies, it's no longer enough to get a fully upgraded building. I need to finish in the Apprentice League for that last upgrade - I am in it at the moment, but could easily fall out..
I'm in the same boat - barely in apprentice league and did all the dailies, collected all the incidents. The ingredients aren't balanced at all. As for the Fall Sunflower press? it's not even great for anyone outside iron or HMA. lol

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
First time in 5 years I could not get a fully upgraded event building, despite logging on each day, collecting all incidents, and always completing DS for ingredients. This Sunflower building was always going to be AD fodder, so I'll save my diamonds for the next event. Got 10 Harvest Farm kits, which I was pleased about.