• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion New Ideas

nice2haveu

Baronet
New special military unit: Battle Queen
Skill information:
Strength
- Hitting with "last breathe" power which makes the opponent target unit has only two life points left (doesn't matter about what opponent attack or defense boost in place before attacking it). This power will be available as default. (Like a mixture of force field and power shot).
- able to hit stealth units
- footsteps on every move covers entire battle field.
- always retaliate when got hit.
- battle queen receives damage in a different order. First hit from any opponent remove the shield from battle queen unit (doesn't take any damage). Second hit reduce 7 life points from similar attrition units. Third hit destroys the battle queen.
Weakness
- Battle Queen unit doesn't get benefit from AO gb.
- Battle queens cannot start the first hit into the battle field. It needs to be perform after some other unit from our side. Not skip, just cannot keep 8 battle queens, queens cannot come to battle field alone to start the battles.
- cannot hide.

Attack and defense power - open for debate and developers can plan the numbers. But myself wished to keep the maximum power from any other unit like 1000/1000 but age or era criteria plays the bigger role. Hence, coming up with different choice. For example, If user in CE and in CE which unit has maximum attack and defense, battle queen has double of the attack and defense from it. Same goes for every age or era battle queens obtained.

Battle Queen's Entry
Every one going to scold me for this. Battle Queen unit doesn't have separate military building. It will be available from three places,
1) Himeji castle random rewards produce one battle queen unit in the random rewards.
2) GE level 4 last encounter, renovation kit or store building or battle queen unit as random rewards and jade relic(blue color) gives battle queen unit as rewards randomly.
3) From Daily challenge mission, battle queen reward will be one of the military unit choice (champion, color guard, drummer, rogue and battle queen).

Limitations
Mentioned few limitations for giants units earlier, myself okay to go with similar limitation for battle queen units.
Otherwise, will have separate discussion to keep which limitations if everyone likes the suggested idea for battle queen unit.

Design
Every age/era possibility to have battle queen. It needs to be differentiated like champion units. Thought to go with No age concept but again goes like giant units concept.

Sorry, if Battle Queen doesn't meet your expectations.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
New special military unit: Battle Queen
Skill information:
Strength
- Hitting with "last breathe" power which makes the opponent target unit has only two life points left (doesn't matter about what opponent attack or defense boost in place before attacking it). This power will be available as default. (Like a mixture of force field and power shot).
- able to hit stealth units
- footsteps on every move covers entire battle field.
- always retaliate when got hit.
- battle queen receives damage in a different order. First hit from any opponent remove the shield from battle queen unit (doesn't take any damage). Second hit reduce 7 life points from similar attrition units. Third hit destroys the battle queen.
Weakness
- Battle Queen unit doesn't get benefit from AO gb.
- Battle queens cannot start the first hit into the battle field. It needs to be perform after some other unit from our side. Not skip, just cannot keep 8 battle queens, queens cannot come to battle field alone to start the battles.
- cannot hide.

Attack and defense power - open for debate and developers can plan the numbers. But myself wished to keep the maximum power from any other unit like 1000/1000 but age or era criteria plays the bigger role. Hence, coming up with different choice. For example, If user in CE and in CE which unit has maximum attack and defense, battle queen has double of the attack and defense from it. Same goes for every age or era battle queens obtained.

Battle Queen's Entry
Every one going to scold me for this. Battle Queen unit doesn't have separate military building. It will be available from three places,
1) Himeji castle random rewards produce one battle queen unit in the random rewards.
2) GE level 4 last encounter, renovation kit or store building or battle queen unit as random rewards and jade relic(blue color) gives battle queen unit as rewards randomly.
3) From Daily challenge mission, battle queen reward will be one of the military unit choice (champion, color guard, drummer, rogue and battle queen).

Limitations
Mentioned few limitations for giants units earlier, myself okay to go with similar limitation for battle queen units.
Otherwise, will have separate discussion to keep which limitations if everyone likes the suggested idea for battle queen unit.

Design
Every age/era possibility to have battle queen. It needs to be differentiated like champion units. Thought to go with No age concept but again goes like giant units concept.

Sorry, if Battle Queen doesn't meet your expectations.
Made me lot of thinking for this DNSL idea. But one thing I can say for sure, it is better than giant units posted earlier.

SlytherinAttack

Viceroy
Baking Sudoku Master
and I thought this thread was to avoid DNSL ideas not to collect them :rolleyes:
Thread purpose is already served. Now ideas section for DNSL is not getting disturbed much. To prevent getting ideas going into DNSL, suggesting the idea here makes everyone happy I guess. Myself feeling like, okay to continue like this. It will be more fun to discuss and argue about it. Since without poll, all their mind thinking will get expressed in words by rejecting or supporting the idea. It will be good to learn from others view point.

Praeceptor

Marquis
I've worked with a number of big games companies as a consultant, and balancing armies/fights is always tricky. I don't always post positively about Inno's developers ideas, but in this case I don't think they do a bad job. Like a lot of other games they've painted themselves into a corner with the balancing issues, which should be sorted out on the beta server before going live, but generally things work when we get to the battlefield. I'd just like to suggest a couple of ideas and perhaps you can all pick them apart to see if you think they'd work.

Deleting GbG and GvG is never going to happen, so what about...

1. Severely limit the number of watchtowers/siege camps a guild can own so a big guild can't just own the map day 1.

2. Make every sector on the all ages GvG map into a landing zone so big guilds can't take up squatter's rights. Also make sectors vulnerable 24hours after they were attacked so it doesn't go crazy at "the bell".

What do you think?

Last edited:

PilgrimDK

Merchant
More Guild levels opened in the game, it´s around 2 years since they opened level 75-100..
We get a new age each year that increases production of points a player accumulate for the Guild and GBG has been added to the game as well along with SoH that also boost Guild points and then we got the rest, so we lack more Guild levels in the game.
My Guild on live server has been stuck on level 100 for about 18 month so the fun in following our process is lacking badly and we are not the only Guild who has hit the marker, so there are a bunch of Guilds in max and alot more closing in.
Can we get 50-100 levels opened so we can progress??

dpghost

Steward
My proposal would be, let's boycott proposals
What will then moderators do when they can't delete new ideas because they are no bureaucratically correct or have been rejected before?
Die of boredom?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I've worked with a number of big games companies as a consultant, and balancing armies/fights is always tricky. I don't always post positively about Inno's developers ideas, but in this case I don't think they do a bad job. Like a lot of other games they've painted themselves into a corner with the balancing issues, which should be sorted out on the beta server before going live, but generally things work when we get to the battlefield. I'd just like to suggest a couple of ideas and perhaps you can all pick them apart to see if you think they'd work.

Deleting GbG and GvG is never going to happen, so what about...

1. Severely limit the number of watchtowers/siege camps a guild can own so a big guild can't just own the map day 1.

2. Make every sector on the all ages GvG map into a landing zone so big guilds can't take up squatter's rights. Also make sectors vulnerable 24hours after they were attacked so it doesn't go crazy at "the bell".

What do you think?

I think your heart's in the right place, but the suggested implementations have issues:

1) If you go by amount that can be owned they'll just delete the ones they're done with. If anything it impacts smaller guilds more who are hoping to reuse their old siege camps or inherit siege camps from the big guild who hasn't deleted them.

2) Landing Zones are one of the few remaining strategic aspects of GvG (since bonus proliferation has made the fights utterly meaningless). As much as I detest river blockaders, I mostly think it should be the players to break them not the rules to be changed.

Emberguard

Emperor
I'd rather just remove the ability to rehide the landing zones once discovered, not make everything a landing zone

nice2haveu

Baronet
Got some information like only 5% of GvG players in the entire game. For this 5%, why it has upper hand while considering guild rank by leaving other 95% users/players in the game.

Can keep the GvG as it is, but without guild rank/prestige logic. Mainly mobile users in the guild are left behind in the guild rank pushing help or guild troops help whenever needed. If chance given to mobile players and no participation means guild problem, but currently no possibility only for mobile users.

Suggesting to remove the rank/prestige logic from GvG, and make it split with GE and GBG only by bringing proper algorithm.

Emberguard

Emperor
Got some information like only 5% of GvG players in the entire game. For this 5%, why it has upper hand while considering guild rank by leaving other 95% users/players in the game.
5% using it is not the same as 5% having the upper hand for a few reasons:
1) The amount of players with access to GvG is much larger, the rest just choose not to participate
2) You don't need to be able to access it directly to benefit from GvG just as you don't need everyone participating in GBG to benefit from GBG
3) You can still help GvG efforts by contributing to treasury without having access to it.

The actual number you'd want to look at is what percentage of active Guilds are participating in GBG and GE, but don't have any Desktop players in their Guild. That'll give a far better perspective on where any discrepancies are

nice2haveu

Baronet
5% using it is not the same as 5% having the upper hand for a few reasons:
1) The amount of players with access to GvG is much larger, the rest just choose not to participate
2) You don't need to be able to access it directly to benefit from GvG just as you don't need everyone participating in GBG to benefit from GBG
3) You can still help GvG efforts by contributing to treasury without having access to it.

The actual number you'd want to look at is what percentage of active Guilds are participating in GBG and GE, but don't have any Desktop players in their Guild. That'll give a far better perspective on where any discrepancies are
So, Guild ranking inadequacy well known but nothing taken to rectify. All myself asking is, guild rank should be based on every guild member participation of their guild activity. Currently the proportion implied for guild ranking is not covered or accessible to every guild members.

Another great idea long overdue.... Increase the available building space on the city map, also adding more medal and diamond expansions. With all the GB's and event buildings currently available the current city map space available is woefully inadequate.

Another great idea long overdue.... Increase the available building space on the city map, also adding more medal and diamond expansions. With all the GB's and event buildings currently available the current city map space available is woefully inadequate.
More expansions, from province, research plus additionals to be obtained with medals and diamonds will come with next SAJ era, as with any new era. but yes, the City Grid Map must be enlarged to provide room for more. I wish the City Grid Map grow in all directions forming a square or rectangle. I don't think the external city grid buildings like the Tavern and Auction Dealer will need to be relocated for this.

Noname 5.0

Steward
What do y’all think about making it possible for a small guild to be able to stay in the platinum league instead of promoting them to the diamond league with larger n more advanced guilds ?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
What do y’all think about making it possible for a small guild to be able to stay in the platinum league instead of promoting them to the diamond league with larger n more advanced guilds ?

It'd just create new artificial "problem" leagues. i.e. instead of just 1000-diamond where the major players are always the same and the rotating members curse the weeks they spend there, there'd also be 900-platinum where the major players are always the same, and the rotating members curse the weeks they spend there.

What they need:
1) A larger pool of guilds so there's enough to have actual full groups with reasonable parity at the top ranks. (i.e. cross-world GBG)
2) A change to the rating system so that things stratify better rather than ~65% of the ranking space being tied up by basically inactive guilds and you don't jump from walkover victory to shut-in season to season.

Emberguard

Emperor
That’d just mean guilds picking their opponents and then we’d be back to the same problem we have now

Noname 5.0

Steward
Right now I have to tank every other battleground to stay there now.
There are 2 other guilds doing the same thing.
That’s not good for the game that 3 out of 8 are purposely losing because they can’t compete in the diamond league.
Last time we had a discussion similar to this. I was told that if my guild cannot compete in the diamond league then we shouldn’t be there. I agree ,it’s not very fun getting beat down in the diamond league.