• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2021

Owl II

Emperor
The bonus in the event hub is an 8% building rebate. How often we build something so this bonus is at least noticed? We have to rebuild the barracks sometimes. The construction time even in the Middle Ages is 10-12 hours. 8% is the same as the reduction of exploration in the castle. A placebo.

In general, there are a lot of things in the game made sense at the time of creation. But they have become obsolete over time. Guild level bonuses are one of those things. The only one has remained relevant is the recruitment boost. So new guilds do not pay attention to raising levels. They don't see the point in it. But it could be the interesting gameplay if the developers filled it with meaning.

But the worst thing is that these obsolete elements are embedded in new features

Owl II

Emperor
Two situations come to mind: during events and when aging up if a city isn’t yet filled with event buildings
Beginners use the buildings from the building menu only for the first 2-3 months of the game. Then they have GB, buildings from events, buildings from an AD, GE buildings etk. Only the barracks from the building menu remain. We usually just put up buildings and immediately remove it during events. We are not waiting for the completion. In addition, the hub gives a bonus after the end of the event.

The concept of the game has changed. This is no longer an сity-building game as it was at the beginning. But the bonus remained from there

Last edited:

Owl II

Emperor
It may be difficult to come up with something useful in this context (some minor gift to the players at the end of the event). But I would prefer it to be some intangible things. Like the birds above the city or the characters walk the streets. Bunnies outside the city. A new skin of the friends tavern. Something like that. Backward things and unnecessary bonuses are depressing.

Owl II

Emperor
What is it? Up to today I'm actively planning for future city layouts and designs with buildings. Even while it being upcoming event buildings and planning in advance. To me such planning indefinitely for a city layout is by definition an city building game.
Ok. This is not an city bulding game in its initial form. 90% of the construction menu is a vestige. I see your city is built up by 3/4 with production buildings. But this is not the ability to plan in the context of FOE. Rather, the opposite is true

Herr Voxner

Merchant
Biggest plus - Unique event building

Biggest minus - tie between undesirable (and repeated often daily prizes/switched prizes) and not be able to trade out ingredients.
1. Give daily prizes everyone appreciates - upgrades to SoK, atk small buildings (royal marble gateway),
2. Make the ingredients tradeable so you are not left with a dozen items but don't have that right ingredient to select anything.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Ok. This is not an city bulding game in its initial form. 90% of the construction menu is a vestige.
Well arguably it could be that no regular building has any permanent part of maximum performance and efficiency cities. The only regular stuff from it could be roads. It however does not mean that FoE isn't an city building game but rather evolved due how well event buildings became and how common they've became due to the plentiful events. In that regards it's just sad but true. Just another side effect of power creep in event buildings and the common place of events.
The event buildings beforehand where outperforming regular buildings but didn't do really anything regular buildings couldn't. They where just more efficient at it and thus outperforming them. Due to power creep event buildings became better and more overpowered to the point players can't ignore how good they are and planning around them. While they are still somewhat rare, especially up on introduction and levelling up them slowing the proces by a bit. Event buildings are simply so common due to the many events at an annual base. Correction due to there being almost no time between events is the influx of event buildings common enough and they are good enough to ignore regular buildings.

I see your city is built up by 3/4 with production buildings. But this is not the ability to plan in the context of FOE. Rather, the opposite is true
It's my Beta city, an shadow of what it could've been but I've pushed it through with an wildly different philosophy than my main city in the live server. I've advanced with my Beta city while running an experiment. Trying to advance with mostly regular buildings and as least GBs and event buildings as possible. Nowadays I'm just too busy in real life to bother putting the time and effort needed for my Beta city to grow into an more productive and easier to manage city. As I've designed it into what it is now it's just designed to deal with ridiculous produce X production 999 times. So, yeah what you trying to pointing at and formulate as lacklustre planning as signs for lacking the ability to properly city plan, is rather misinterpreted of the thoughts behind it but it was impossible for anyone but me to know my thoughts and plans behind my Beta city anyways. Resulting in what it ended up looking. I know that an experimental city doesn't look like what most aim at but I can ensure you that it does an good job for what its been designed for.
I meant with planning in advance and city planning I meant my main city. Which is not really on an very regular base but rather when I see fit. That city is more in line with what you would expect and described. Though not an maximum performance city. It's a very different city than my Beta city. Best example is planning for chain buildings, like Pirate's hideout for my main city and multi level event buildings like golden crops for example. Both are places in an part where they look best and fit in well. While most buildings in my main city except a few decorations providing benefits in some way I value most. In my Beta city as you can see its rather hastily placed, lacking planning and thoughts of their placement. Which is in sharp contrast with my main city. As I mostly using Beta to test, explore space ages and testing upcoming events and event buildings.

Owl II

Emperor
Well arguably it could be that no regular building has any permanent part of maximum performance and efficiency cities. The only regular stuff from it could be roads. It however does not mean that FoE isn't an city building game but rather evolved due how well event buildings became and how common they've became due to the plentiful events. In that regards it's just sad but true. Just another side effect of power creep in event buildings and the common place of events.
The event buildings beforehand where outperforming regular buildings but didn't do really anything regular buildings couldn't. They where just more efficient at it and thus outperforming them. Due to power creep event buildings became better and more overpowered to the point players can't ignore how good they are and planning around them. While they are still somewhat rare, especially up on introduction and levelling up them slowing the proces by a bit. Event buildings are simply so common due to the many events at an annual base. Correction due to there being almost no time between events is the influx of event buildings common enough and they are good enough to ignore regular buildings.

It's my Beta city, an shadow of what it could've been but I've pushed it through with an wildly different philosophy than my main city in the live server. I've advanced with my Beta city while running an experiment. Trying to advance with mostly regular buildings and as least GBs and event buildings as possible. Nowadays I'm just too busy in real life to bother putting the time and effort needed for my Beta city to grow into an more productive and easier to manage city. As I've designed it into what it is now it's just designed to deal with ridiculous produce X production 999 times. So, yeah what you trying to pointing at and formulate as lacklustre planning as signs for lacking the ability to properly city plan, is rather misinterpreted of the thoughts behind it but it was impossible for anyone but me to know my thoughts and plans behind my Beta city anyways. Resulting in what it ended up looking. I know that an experimental city doesn't look like what most aim at but I can ensure you that it does an good job for what its been designed for.
I meant with planning in advance and city planning I meant my main city. Which is not really on an very regular base but rather when I see fit. That city is more in line with what you would expect and described. Though not an maximum performance city. It's a very different city than my Beta city. Best example is planning for chain buildings, like Pirate's hideout for my main city and multi level event buildings like golden crops for example. Both are places in an part where they look best and fit in well. While most buildings in my main city except a few decorations providing benefits in some way I value most. In my Beta city as you can see its rather hastily placed, lacking planning and thoughts of their placement. Which is in sharp contrast with my main city. As I mostly using Beta to test, explore space ages and testing upcoming events and event buildings.
Here is an example of why you don't need to pull phrases out of context to argue with it. You have just written what I wrote above.

Using buildings only from the building menu to plan a constructuon correctly - this is what FOE was at the beginning. Build so many residential buildings you have enough population for production buildings. To place production buildings no more and no less than is necessary for further construction, research and for rekruitment units and releasing goods. Build goods buildings and barracks. Oh! now do not forget to provide your population with happiness, otherwise they will work poorly. This was the essence of FOE. But everything is not so now. And these bonuses look pitiful. Who needs a building rebate if no one is building anything? The same applies to reducing the construction time. Special buildings are built in 5 seconds.
;)

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
Make the ingredients tradeable so you are not left with a dozen items but don't have that right ingredient to select anything.

I don't think they should be tradeable. Part of the challenge is to make recipes with the ingredients you have. If you play it strategically, you shouldn't end up with too many of something and zero of something else.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Using buildings only from the building menu to plan a constructuon correctly - this is what FOE was at the beginning. Build so many residential buildings you have enough population for production buildings. To place production buildings no more and no less than is necessary for further construction, research and for rekruitment units and releasing goods. Build goods buildings and barracks. Oh! now do not forget to provide your population with happiness, otherwise they will work poorly. This was the essence of FOE. But everything is not so now. And these bonuses look pitiful. Who needs a building rebate if no one is building anything? The same applies to reducing the construction time. Special buildings are built in 5 seconds.
It was for a long while like you've described. In that time eastern (still missing that event), summer, Halloween and winter event where the only events and players where already happy with simple stuff like graveyard and upgrades for it. During the winter having an confectionery including it's upgrades where enough. SoK's where the holy grail for fps.
Anyways you're right regarding the bonus given being of hardly any use. Only few times someone at live servers using it is constructing military buildings. As Alcatraz needs those and some still prefer to have such but besides that maybe supplementary production buildings. Tough they're rarely build now. During events by less prepared and experienced players for cultural buildings for the happiness quests. Though I kinda like the challenge to pick event buildings and trying to scoring them during one of the many events.

vidicecilia

Baronet
It was for a long while like you've described. In that time eastern (still missing that event), summer, Halloween and winter event where the only events and players where already happy with simple stuff like graveyard and upgrades for it. During the winter having an confectionery including it's upgrades where enough. SoK's where the holy grail for fps.
Anyways you're right regarding the bonus given being of hardly any use. Only few times someone at live servers using it is constructing military buildings. As Alcatraz needs those and some still prefer to have such but besides that maybe supplementary production buildings. Tough they're rarely build now. During events by less prepared and experienced players for cultural buildings for the happiness quests. Though I kinda like the challenge to pick event buildings and trying to scoring them during one of the many events.

In those times FoE was really a strategy game and not what it is now, an immense chain of repetitive actions that to be fulfilled do not need you to have a brain. Now the only thing you need is time or diamonds. A real pitty.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
ok I start this early
but

BUG REPORT
there is no violet 5 star achievement for this event

because that is also still missing for the summer event
(but as we know the counter is still counting after reaching max level. so if they had fixed that bug it would be violet now)
According to our developers this achievement was fixed for the summer event already.
Could you let us know if that wasn't the case?