• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2021

indian20

Steward
In my perspective an event building should give you an advantage over player that don´t go for it. This time it is so poorly, that I don´t see any advantagein it for me and all the other players, which are at higher levels.

The problem is, that over the time with all the new buildings and options you gave away all what can become an advantage like free candy. It is now out of your hand to motivate player of higher ages with new features or advantages. GBG together with GEx gives Diamonds and FP in abundance. Statue of honour produces so many guild goods, what do you need 15 extra for. And as long as you really don´t need goods, coins and supplies in large numbers it is of no interest as well. The only thing that is of real interest are boosts for attack and defense.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
It would be overpowered if it to have 100 or 200 fragments per item, as suppose above. So it just matches the rest of the awards of this building. Everything is harmonious. Once they appear, these fragments will fall from everywhere. But I'm not sure it's worth taking up 24 squаres of precious space with them
WW, SoK and settlement time rewards taking only 15 fragments. It's just the GbG buildings that take 100-200 fragments. Approximately 1 one up per month sounds very reasonable. Maybe not the most sexy production but definitely something interestingly new for players still advancing through ages with a bunch of event buildings consuming one ups every time you age up.

So usually I am not complaining about event buildings, they are all interesting in some way. But this time it is really bad.

Comparing it to live server .

People - I have +408k people
Happiness - I have +625k
Supply boost - I get 11 Mio per day
Coins - I have 11.6G
Supply - I have 1,5G
FP - I get 900+, during GBG it is around 1400-1600 a day
Goods - I get 1120 SAV goods per day + plus goods from lower ages
Guild - I donate around 1100 goods a day
one-up fragment - got 40 of these and another 58 Reno Kits

So to call this building useless for players in a higher age would be an understatement
So, your point is just bragging and showing off about how amazingly well you've build an established city and pointing out that every event building should be good for end game players while your practical post-scares meaning practically limitless resources? I get your disappointment but just like real life, not always getting what you want from time to time is a good thing. Same with events. Perhaps there are guilds out there that lack the luxury of getting earlier guild goods and younger player's who don't show up on this forum who don't have a huge stock of Reno and one ups because they're not end game? Just saying there's more than just you and your high performance city.

---------------------

Personally I'm noticing an increase of spoiled attitude: building must be better than previous, no longer just requiring fps but at least efficiency of a SoK 0,5fps/square (in good old days this was considered best fp efficiency, lol) and topping it off it must have att% so, I may can get it slightly easier on GBG to maximise my already huge harvests even while siege camps preventing ever reaching max buffed defenders. In short Inno could just release an 3x3 building with 4-5 fps and smacking on it 12% attack bonuses, every event (partly sarcasm).
Glad that Inno doesn't give us always our way with attack bonuses.
This building is clearly like Shinto temple an resource building and as an farmland it makes sense. For young cities It'll be great to get started and mid game players who don't have an establish city yet or an "att% buildings only" mindset. Also for those who don't fight often or even liking GbG in the first place. To me it's value would also increase with an military bonus but it'll become something like fps that'll be expected and taken for granted. In imho releasing a bunch of events that even lack any type of bonus would be a good thing to hopefully lessening the spoiled attitude. Since this teaches us not to taking bonuses on buildings for granted. Also those bonuses devalued some GBs as it's easier to get event buildings than raising those GBs for similar bonuses.
Personally I would cycle through it over the year:
Spring - defensive bonuses
Summer - offensive bonuses (pirates)
Fall - resource oriented (guild goods included)
Winter - fps orientated - no bonus
Side events through the year: choice: fps or goods or medals or guild goods, 1 of the side events may have a unique production like golden crops
Standard efficiency for above noted stuff with 1-2% extra for each 2-3 ages based off Bronze Age*. With some variation in resource efficiency: fps 0,4-0,6 / square as an example. Military bonus: 0,5 - 1,5 / square.
*example building is 4x3 gives 6% Bronze Age than in industrial age it'll give 12% (6 ages further/2=3, 3 x 1% = 3% more than Bronze Age. Bronze Age 6% + 3% more for Industrial Age = 9%). Efficiency in Industrial Age: 9% / 12 square = 0,75%/square. In SAV it would be 15% and 1,25%/square. Roughly efficiency of eagle mountain. This is naturally just an example
I feel like with such an cap power creep can be halted and better expectations can be established as we know what to expect. On top of that there's always an chance to get att% buildings from daily specials, but only this event offers any chance for one up kits a month through daily harvests.

indian20

Steward
@Drakkenrider: I didn´t want to brag, I didn´t made my point clear (my second statementmight made it a bit more clearer). I just wanted to point out by implementing more and more features and introducing more and more overpowered event buildings Inno has now the problem, that event building that would have been a highlight 2 years ago becomes useless to huge fraction of players.

If you concentrate only on beginners and not so advanced players you start loosing the big players. Maybe these kind of players are not really of interest for Inno, but once the players in SAV or SAAB leave the game because there is nothing interesting coming in (just useless features like the castle, the eventhub, the PvP Arena and event building, that er either useless or not really interesting), the game is in trouble I guess.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
AD has only exasperated the issue as people are able to fill up their cities with buildings that they desire, making buildings like this one seem even worse.

Honestly that's more event frequency than antique dealer. I don't have much of a "I bought this from antique dealer" footprint in any of my cities because while there are things I might be interested in, there's such a volume of crap I'm not that I almost never buy anything. And in the case of multilevel buildings I have to find the pieces I want 7+ times to get something worth placing.

That said, this building truly is underwhelming in all regards. It's perfectly fine that not everything is a "new best" or ideal for a military city. But I think they're overestimating the appeal of "1 one-up kit a month" (and for anyone who does feel they need more 1-up kits, I heartily recommend levelling a temple of relics up over this).

Ironrooster

Baronet
Are the coins supposed to double when the Golden Crops are motivated? Mine is level 2 in the Iron Age and does not get doubled. (apologies if this has been covered, but I don't recall seeing it addressed anywhere)

Gindi4711

Steward
Are the coins supposed to double when the Golden Crops are motivated? Mine is level 2 in the Iron Age and does not get doubled. (apologies if this has been covered, but I don't recall seeing it addressed anywhere)

If we use the Inno wiki as definition coin and supply boosts are only doubled for residential and production buildings.
In the past event buildings that provide population have been classified as residential buildings, but this is a generic building. The type "generic building" has not been used before.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Drakkenrider: I didn´t want to brag, I didn´t made my point clear (my second statementmight made it a bit more clearer). I just wanted to point out by implementing more and more features and introducing more and more overpowered event buildings Inno has now the problem, that event building that would have been a highlight 2 years ago becomes useless to huge fraction of players.

If you concentrate only on beginners and not so advanced players you start loosing the big players. Maybe these kind of players are not really of interest for Inno, but once the players in SAV or SAAB leave the game because there is nothing interesting coming in (just useless features like the castle, the eventhub, the PvP Arena and event building, that er either useless or not really interesting), the game is in trouble I guess.
Last couple of events where pretty good for military and end game. It isn't like just because one of many events happened to be good for less established cities and end game that they'll won't taking any effort into that player base or making any event in the future that is more appealing to them. I agreed with you that besides settlements and the troubled comparative multiplayer features there's little for end game players left. Personally I think the answer is more in finally listening to the players and nerfing the siege camps, removing the attrition cap and making in the highest GbG league an system in which the guilds losing LP except the sole victor and adjusting the LP gains across the board accordingly.
I think your right that they've implemented features that are meant for early game but endgame is getting forgotten. A while back I was hypothesising about an real end game for end game player base. Something they could advance into infinitely. One of the most honourable comment was that there where folks who find no end an frightening idea. Through I think an end game feature that can be explored and renewed by the player base and occasionally getting updates would be helpful for endgame.
Honestly that's more event frequency than antique dealer. I don't have much of a "I bought this from antique dealer" footprint in any of my cities because while there are things I might be interested in, there's such a volume of crap I'm not that I almost never buy anything. And in the case of multilevel buildings I have to find the pieces I want 7+ times to get something worth placing.
For me most of the stuff I'm interested in have shown up only a few time in auction rather the store itself. It doesn't help much if there's an independent random unit of my current age occupying 1 slot in which may something could show up that I like.
That said, this building truly is underwhelming in all regards. It's perfectly fine that not everything is a "new best" or ideal for a military city. But I think they're overestimating the appeal of "1 one-up kit a month" (and for anyone who does feel they need more 1-up kits, I heartily recommend levelling a temple of relics up over this).
With a bigger fp output I think it'll become more interesting. The problem with relics temple is its larger footprint of 6x6 and lack of any other benefit and limited use tight to GE. Next to that it's only chances it provides and takes more time and effort to bringing up and requires weekly effort and time. An event building that can produce monthly an 1 up kit only requires daily 1 harvest click. If it's boosted by blue galaxy, al through unlikely, it might cut that time slightly down. So, giving up more space (which could be used for extra bonuses), giving up daily production of fps and goods that can be traded for fps and an royal supply boost as more players finding it hard to keeping their supplies stock up and an guaranteed monthly one up kit for something that takes more space, requires more effort and is very limited in use and may just does its job once or twice a week if you complete GE quickly? Yeah real good and appealing alternative.
Regardless I find it highly likely that they'll gonna increase the fps for making it more appealing. I can see why it's not in favour of the veterans, pros and end game player base. Though I'm encountering plenty players on live from all kinds of ages and variable skill levels. Spoiler alert most ain't falling in those groups.

Anyways looking in this discussion. I'm really looking forward to the next event. I'm sure you guys will love that event even more, lol.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I agreed with you that besides settlements and the troubled comparative multiplayer features there's little for end game players left. Personally I think the answer is more in finally listening to the players and nerfing the siege camps, removing the attrition cap and making in the highest GbG league an system in which the guilds losing LP except the sole victor and adjusting the LP gains across the board accordingly.
+1000 !!!
The GBG are a great idea for uniting guilds, but excessive gains OR the limitless impact of siege camps block FOE in its evolution.
I would like the total number of siege camps to be limited, even if it means seeing a GM or an event building which would increase this restriction by a few small%.

For me most of the stuff I'm interested in have shown up only a few time in auction rather the store itself. It doesn't help much if there's an independent random unit of my current age occupying 1 slot in which may something could show up that I like.
I do not understand that Inno does not encourage more purchases by offering less trash and more coveted items.
After months of setting up an antique dealer, many of us needlessly accumulate coins and gems.
In any strategy or management game, it is abnormal to be overflowing with everything instead of running out of everything.

As usual, Inno installs a novelty starting from a good idea but does not fully exploit it

I'd rather Inno focus and improve what we already have rather than inventing new things that will quickly be out of date for lack of follow-up.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
1000 !!!
The GBG are a great idea for uniting guilds, but excessive gains OR the limitless impact of siege camps block FOE in its evolution.
I would like the total number of siege camps to be limited, even if it means seeing a GM or an event building which would increase this restriction by a few small%.
Exactly the thoughts and concerns behind it of the community as is discussed in many parts of the forum before and the fix is really easy. Siege camps allow practical unhindered advancing, only limited by resources. As guilds much like their members grow post-scares no practical limit slows it down. If siege camps don't stack their benefit beyond 50% (50% is already pretty powerful) it'll already be an decant fix. Removing the hard cap on attrition, it'll do what is designed for; eventually buffing defending armies so much or making negotiations so expansive that it isn't possible to advance further or appealing.
In any strategy or management game, it is abnormal to be overflowing with everything instead of running out of everything.
Those lack the event buildings significantly buffed by power creep and an spoiled community with insanely high expectations, no offence. Most event buildings today provide every resource plentiful: coins, fps, goods, medals, supplies at times, military buffs, resource buffs, etc. with high efficiency, as the community expects and demands now. When the witch doctors where introduced they where amazing because they could produce 2 things at once and added happiness buff!! Now a days desperate for making good sales the game gets overloaded by events with high performance and efficient event buildings. This causes post-scarcity across the board. Not just those who have an Arc at minimum lvl80 and an CF high enough. Never mind the yield of other features. I think the game will eventually collapse due to the in game economy got flooded by OP event buildings. Even golden crops would've been considered game-breaking a few years ago and now some spit on it.
Anyways we get resources left en right from everywhere and OP event buildings. That's why we hardly ever run out of anything. I feel like only solution is an FoE successor build off the original game but very strict guidelines for event buildings and well thought out balance regarding GBs and GbG buildings (eg siege camps), Inno could make an reboot that feels more balanced and fair than the original game. I only think most of the player base won't join and stay in the successor when the original dies but I'm convinced it'll be by the hands of an collapsing in game economy.

estrid

Baronet
There is not enough apples. I have gotten a plenty of other stuff, but no apples in storage all the time.