• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Mughal Empire

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
The first 5 days, until the Chhatri could be unlocked as had been said before was really boring, because the Rupee production is so low. Kind of like watching paint dry (the really beautiful setting doesn't make it anymore fun). Also annoying with the high road cost in Rupees, because you have to rebuild your city all the time to get anough diplomacy to unlock something. Moving the roads around so they are not in the way because you can't afford to delete them and then move them back is a big pain every time.

But in the end I managed to finish in time without diamonds.
Not saying it's the most efficient way, but this is how I managed to get 1500 diplomacy and finish my first round of the settlement.

mughal 1500 diplomacy.png

I bought a total of 13 expansions with cultural goods. Last 3 after I had finished everything except the 1500 diplomacy.
Here is the math which adds up to that 1511 diplomacy:
- 3 Charbagh: 3 x 150 = 450
- 1 Baldachin: 63
- 1 Chhatri: 16

Chains:
- 7 Water Canals: (7 x 24) + 10 + 20 + (5 x 30) = 348
- 2 Water Canals: (2 x 24) + 10 + 20 = 78
- 6 Alleys: (6x 24) + 5 + 10 + 15 + 20 + (2 x 25) = 244

9 Water Canals + 4 Alleys (unchained): 13 x 24 = 312

Last edited:

Retired Guy

Marquis
In some of the information , they say there's 12 impediment removals.. ?? Where do they hide? I'm almost done 18\20, and I think I've had 3. As well, one of the goals I thought was to have enough space to build a nice settlement, and be able to focus on aesthetics, rather than a complete tear down\rebuild for every step along the way.. Won't even mention the lack of rupees.. Nice idea, but the implementation isn't living up to the hype.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
In some of the information , they say there's 12 impediment removals.. ?? Where do they hide? I'm almost done 18\20, and I think I've had 3. As well, one of the goals I thought was to have enough space to build a nice settlement, and be able to focus on aesthetics, rather than a complete tear down\rebuild for every step along the way.. Won't even mention the lack of rupees.. Nice idea, but the implementation isn't living up to the hype.
You get 6 impediment removals as quest rewards, so you should have got them and used more than you think.
The other 6 can be bought with diamonds.

Retired Guy

Marquis
You get 6 impediment removals as quest rewards, so you should have got them and used more than you think.
The other 6 can be bought with diamonds.
Perhaps I did get them, sure didn't seem like it though.. and as far as having 6 available with diamonds, I've never spent diamonds in a settlement (any of them) yet, and feel that we shouldn't have to. All in all, we thought Aztec's were bad, this is just a horrible mess.. thks

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Last quest: (there are 4 goods)
AM-JKLVD7pAYEO0jPmpTOSfnAO_oJOTiOXfYYpcEGxhBnJp5ActuOSb5klz3t0LBMcP1XNsJPU5ZoKd5Gt7-e5WwUKJsZ9ygGQFHskOgNxyyYZO1fIm1pRYTqOlmubGtBYqGRM1b154eB6uyqKUiA_Hn56Po=w422-h334-no

Bug? I only collected 40 basmati in the embassy 25+ 10 + 5
We will look into it :)

I just thought I may have gotten an X4 bonus.
I didn't know he could work with the embassy.
I've seen one since.
Yes, you can indeed get a X4 on the Embassy too, that's a nice thing ! I already got 2 times a 4 X bonus on Embassy.
To be honest : I start to like this Mughal a "little bit" more .... but still : things need to be changed ! The Chhatri needs to come earlier on the advancement tree, otherwise the gathering of Rupees is a real disaster at the start of this settlement and that will not change by just adding on a few Quest rewards a certain amound of Rupees ! That's nice, but sure totally NOT enough !!!

Retired Guy

Marquis
Last quest: (there are 4 goods)
AM-JKLVD7pAYEO0jPmpTOSfnAO_oJOTiOXfYYpcEGxhBnJp5ActuOSb5klz3t0LBMcP1XNsJPU5ZoKd5Gt7-e5WwUKJsZ9ygGQFHskOgNxyyYZO1fIm1pRYTqOlmubGtBYqGRM1b154eB6uyqKUiA_Hn56Po=w422-h334-no

Bug? I only collected 40 basmati in the embassy 25+ 10 + 5

I found that the only way to get the 1500, was to use the goods you've accumulated to buy extra expansion squares.. To do this prior to accumulating the goods, would be a LOT of extra time as you'd have to spend a lot of time accumulating goods to buy expensive expansions.

Devilsangel

Baronet
So what is up with these "Daily Castle Points Chest"? When you click on the Green "COLLECT" button to collect the chest the only thing that happens is it turns the "Collect" button into a timer but it does not collect anyrhing. What is it supposed to collect? What happens when the timer runs out? Does it revert back to a green collect button and then once pressed goes back to a timer? What is the purpose of this?View attachment 7250View attachment 7251
That is correct.
Soon the Mughal Empire will be introduced on the international server and the Castle System on the German server for larger scale testing before these features will be available on all markets
If the Mughal Empire is launched only to international server( EN) why are there announcements on other forums (US, TR)?

Any help with Quest 14, "Gather 2000 Rupees" and "Have 870 diplomacy"
I had problems getting 870 diplomacy even I had sold off my existing building and play around with canals and alleys.
Did I made mistake for expanding horizontally instead of vertically as chained alley had more chained bonus.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Any help with Quest 14, "Gather 2000 Rupees" and "Have 870 diplomacy"
I had problems getting 870 diplomacy even I had sold off my existing building and play around with canals and alleys.
Did I made mistake for expanding horizontally instead of vertically as chained alley had more chained bonus.
water canal = +10 +20 +30 +30 +30 +30 +30
AM-JKLXfgFi6-JF-0qaKx9EwTNRsrwzXFbQwaq6PtV8gsrB41JZu5ul6ck-rWQnlv2S9Hui-Ez4x_Z3tmFkbC-gje9-hrFVaQtbuTGlQQ-DM-GMmhcIbRG8jBLz8jeVGl5H4-si-bXF72tlAyprP4fNTwKbs=w1200-h564-no

water canal x 7 = 24 x 7 + 180 = 348

Oh.. thanks Hiep Lin,

Okay.. your solution need to proceed to 8th Advancement to get Charbagh, to get 870 diplomacy.
How could i get advance to new advancement which need even more diplomacy 1050? Duh..

Probably I would figure out a better and faster solution before next advancement without Charbagh.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
On my 2nd run of the Settlement I managed to cut a day of unlocking Shanti Ghar compared to the first. So better, but still felt a bit too long.

I started differently with 20 Bhavans and 14 roads this time according the improved improved starting layout that is posted here and had the extra 1,250 Rupees from quests. So still believe a better change would have been to follow the feedback plenty of people provided and move the Chhatri first in the unlocked advancements. Maybe 2nd.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
So still believe a better change would have been to follow the feedback plenty of people provided and move the Chhatri first in the unlocked advancements. Maybe 2nd.
It would be too big a difference.
It's already very easy to finish within the time limit for the 15 fragments.
Doing 10 times shouldn't be too fast.
The X4 bonus increases very quickly as well. (3% - 7% - 10% ....)

estrid

Baronet
Something weird just happened. I have some chhatris in the town. One of them is beside the embassy. When I moved another chhatri to the location near the embassy, it was reseted to the state where it is building nothing. Yet, this another chhatri has no influence to the amount of goods I'm getting from embassy.

For me it's crystal clear that I need to buy many expansions to get enough place for all the things needed ! (Diplomacy, houses for needed population and production of Rupees and productiion of Goods !)
On this current moment I bought already 13 expansions and I still need more space !!
I totally do NOT like to "re-build" (deleting and building over and over again!!) EACH TIME I need to get more Diplomacy to unlock a next advancement because that do cost too many time and is also freaking annoying and plays totally not smooth (read : annoying = no fun to play it !!!)
I try HARD to go furher testing, althought I already give up to end on time to get any "time reward" ... still many Goods to gather and only 2 days of Golden reward time left ! (on this first round) ....
Getting 1 or 2 more (extra!) impediment removals will be very welcome ! So much "lost squares" ... OR give a small (size 1 x 1 or 1 x 2 / 2 x 1 ) Diplomacy deco to fill up the lost squares to get some extra Diplomacy !

RoCoJo

Merchant
Oh.. thanks Hiep Lin,

Okay.. your solution need to proceed to 8th Advancement to get Charbagh, to get 870 diplomacy.
How could i get advance to new advancement which need even more diplomacy 1050? Duh..

Probably I would figure out a better and faster solution before next advancement without Charbagh.

For me it's crystal clear that I need to buy many expansions to get enough place for all the things needed ! (Diplomacy, houses for needed population and production of Rupees and productiion of Goods !)
On this current moment I bought already 13 expansions and I still need more space !!
I totally do NOT like to "re-build" (deleting and building over and over again!!) EACH TIME I need to get more Diplomacy to unlock a next advancement because that do cost too many time and is also freaking annoying and plays totally not smooth (read : annoying = no fun to play it !!!)
I try HARD to go furher testing, althought I already give up to end on time to get any "time reward" ... still many Goods to gather and only 2 days of Golden reward time left ! (on this first round) ....
Getting 1 or 2 more (extra!) impediment removals will be very welcome ! So much "lost squares" ... OR give a small (size 1 x 1 or 1 x 2 / 2 x 1 ) Diplomacy deco to fill up the lost squares to get some extra Diplomacy !

On my 2nd run I have only deleted the goods buildings and thus leaving the Chhatri and houses intact. I just reached 700 and will see if I will manage that too for the 870.

Remember: You have to align the ally and water canal on the right place next to the embassy to get the bonus. To get the full maximezed bonus one must obviously put the embassy in a corner to get as much as possible water canals in 1 row. One can even place a land extension for this to get an extra 2 canals aligned.