• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.
  • Halloween Event 2021

Read all about the Halloween Event 2021 here!
  • Castle System

The Castle System is a brand new feature in Forge of Empires which aims to reward players that are playing Forge of Empires actively. Come check it out in your city!
    Do you want to know more about this new feature? Then click here!
  • Cultural Settlement - Mughal Empire

We are proud to present you our brand new Cultural Settlement: The Mughal Empire!
    This is the fifth of our Cultural Settlements, and your job is to help expand the Mughal Embassy.
    Read all about it here!

Recent content by Praeceptor

1. Praeceptor

Discussion New Ideas

I've worked with a number of big games companies as a consultant, and balancing armies/fights is always tricky. I don't always post positively about Inno's developers ideas, but in this case I don't think they do a bad job. Like a lot of other games they've painted themselves into a corner with...
  2. Praeceptor

Feedback Castle System

I've felt like that for some time now. It's why I seldom visit this forum now.
  3. Praeceptor

Feedback Castle System

https://forgeofempires.fandom.com/wiki/Castle_System
  4. Praeceptor

Feedback Castle System

All this is true, but wouldn't it be better for the developers spending time on fixing the many problems in the game, rather than a lot of effort on a feature that won't encourage many of us to do more that what we normally do.
  5. Praeceptor

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Mughal Empire

I'm quite happy with the Mughal settlement. It's so dull that I can take a break from doing settlements until the next one comes out. Just like I did with the Egyptians.
  6. Praeceptor

Feedback Castle System

1,039,500 castle points needed to reach level 15 480 points per day from fighting/negotiating = 3360 per week 100 points per day for daily quest + 700 bonus for 7 quests = 1400 per week 4 big encounters on level 1, each one giveing 15 Castle Points = 60 per week 100 points per 5 days in the...
  7. Praeceptor

Feedback PvP Arena (reworked)

I always get a bot in first place. The bot gives more points than the real player despite being much weaker. I always win. I have never attacked a real player. I have only been attacked a handful of times by real players. This is not PvP, it is nonsense.
  8. Praeceptor

Feedback Wildlife Event 2021

I don't really care if these mini-games are fair/unfair, easy/hard, rewarding/pointless, entertaining/boring. The issue for me is that they shouldn't be a part of a grown up empire building strategy game. Imagine playing Civilization, Age of Empires, Warcraft, Settlers or practically any other...
  9. Praeceptor

I couldn't agree more. I said so in an earlier post, but it got shot down, so I can only imagine that these juvenile mini games must appeal to a number of players here. I can't think why. Takes all sorts I suppose.
  10. Praeceptor

I don't know about anyone else, but I got part way through reading the announcement and my eyes glazed over. If I wanted to play these childish mini games I would download them onto my phone. It's such a shame - this used to be a grown up game.
  11. Praeceptor

Feedback Event Hub Feedback

This reminds me of when I was lecturing programming at uni... Me: Parts of your program don't work - Provisional grade - D. Student: I'll rework it. 3 weeks later... Me: You haven't fixed the problems. Student: No, but I did add some more graphics. Me: Final grade - D.
  12. Praeceptor

You're probably right, but it depends what's meant by "completing" - I haven't completed the spring event on live because I went for daily prizes instead of the event building. That's left me short of blossoms to get the last upgrade. I'd have to spend diamonds to complete the event fully.
  13. Praeceptor

I guess by encouraging us to complete all events in a year, Inno hopes we will open our wallets. Dream on! Nothing will entice me to even start the totally awful, tedious, time wasting nonsense that is the St, Patricks event - especially if the reward is a "cosmetic" upgrade to the pier!
  14. Praeceptor

Discussion Have we all given up on beta?

One of the first things that started my doubts about beta testing was the debacle over double wave fights a few years ago. To prevent players exploiting battle points by aborting between the first and second wave, the devs just discounted the first wave points and doubled the second wave. There...
  15. Praeceptor

Discussion Have we all given up on beta?

I have already apologized for calling it an announcement, but the fact remains that whatever it is called there was no response from the players, which supports my premise that lots of us are losing interest in beta.