• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Recent content by David the sagacious

1. David the sagacious

Feedback Wildlife Event 2024

I should get level 11 in about an hour. Level 10 from the questline and I'm at 25/30 for the final upgrade. The Serene Animal Crossing isn't very interesting so I won't spend diamonds - not even Beta diamonds - on it. I didn't finish any of the Rivals and only did 5 or so quests for each if...
  2. David the sagacious

Feedback Wildlife Event 2024

Total insanity. If it turns out that these quests MUST be done in order to get the event building, I predict a one-month vacation is coming when the event reaches Live. The only way I see making something like this work would to place all the quests into a large pool. Just imagine there are 50...
  3. David the sagacious

Feedback Big news for Forge!

Why do you imagine that strategy only applies in fighting? Or is it that fighting strategy is the only kind that matters to you? If so, that's fine but the game requires strategic thinking in many different areas. Just figuring out what buildings you should add to your city (because you don't...
  4. David the sagacious

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds Update 2023

Exactly. In Diamond against very strong guilds, we may spend all our time trying to fight our way out of our HQ province, only to see our "wins" snapped up in no time at all. Are we being told we'll have to put up with this for 8 leagues in a row? I certainly hope there's more to this than that.
  5. David the sagacious

Feedback Summer Event 2023

So many of Inno's changes have persuaded me that my last day in the game is rapidly approaching. At the very least, I feel very little interest in continuing with Beta. This led me to ask myself, "What am I saving all these diamonds for?" So, I decided to buy the extra keys to finish the...
  6. David the sagacious

Oh, great. ☹ Now the rest of us are totally screwed. Those were the only incident-doubloons for the entire server this whole week and now they're gone.
  7. David the sagacious

The article I read said 75 which is still close to 20% of their workforce. With 20% fewer people, no one should be expecting new and innovative (It's ironic that the first 4 letters of innovative are Inno) because it seems extremely likely that cut & paste features will be the order of the day.
  8. David the sagacious

And could you share how you know for certain that this is how it works?
  9. David the sagacious

But does the position actually matter? Top left, bottom right, somewhere in the middle? In other words, are specific items randomly assigned to specific locations? If so, it really does matter where you choose to click. Or does the game generate a random list of items? The first item on...
  10. David the sagacious

For the shuffle button, I would guess that Inno gets more revenue from the Winter event than it did from the Summer event (as we remember it). Where revenue is concerned, our likes and dislikes are way down at the bottom of the "Importance List". As for fragments, it's a safe bet that Inno...
  11. David the sagacious

Feedback Guild Expedition Update

I don't know the answer to this but I'm wondering if this would add significantly to server load. Maybe not important at the individual player level but, for thousands of players across all servers, how much of an increase is needed to become a real pita.
  12. David the sagacious

I used to spend money in Foe but my budget since retiring just doesn't stretch far enough now. Because of that, I understand that my importance to Inno is effectively zero. Over the years, I've encountered quite a lot of players stating, "I've never spent a penny on this game and never will."...
  13. David the sagacious

I've always said that Inno does a decent job explaining how the game works. "Press button A to perform action B". But they do a terrible job explaining HOW to play the game. The reason is obvious: the game is a series of puzzles. Inno stands to make more money when players struggle and make...
  14. David the sagacious

The devs follow orders. They're unlikely to be the ones who order,"Nerf the rewards!" and then, "That's not enough. Nerf them more!" Their job is to make the Inno bosses happy. Presumably, GE, as it now exists on Beta makes the Inno bosses happy.
  15. David the sagacious

The one overriding element for any game company has to be revenue. Players want a game that's enjoyable to play. We want it to be fun and rewarding (rewarding being part of what makes it fun). Inno surely realizes that there must be some degree of fun and rewards or people just won't log in...