• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Spring Event 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Assuming this is the same as past league systems: The "unfair" league results due to small integer numbers only work in your favor. They may be harder to understand why certain leagues aren't particularly wide (or occasionally don't even exist), but what it means is all those people that *should* be in that league are actually in the league one higher because they couldn't be split up.

i.e. at least 1% is in gold. at least 5% is in gold or silver. at least 20% is in gold, silver, or bronze. at least 50% is in gold, silver, bronze, or amateur.

The only thing breaking it down by distance instead of pond crossings can do for you is move you down a league because now the "group" you were in can be broken up further.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Having started looking into the event's math a little closer... It seems like it may be problematic to finish the grand prize without diamonds:

Level 3 from questline.
Not likely to get silver without diamonds.
So you need 5 from pond crossings = 9 ponds (1,3,5,7,9)

9 ponds * 25 = 225 distance

Even if you could choose the absolute most efficient hop every time (you can't), the best is the Raccoon or Swan at 110 lanterns to move 3 squares. This would require 8250 lanterns *always* choosing a raccoon or swan. The total count calculated on the wiki is 7700 lanterns - and that assumes quest rewards jump to 100 after 41 (do they?). That doesn't include the lantern spawns in the wild, but this does point to the math on completing a bridge being *exceedingly* tight.

DeletedUser7624

I am playing mostly from mobile. Can anyone tell me today's prize of the day please? I am eager to see Sakura set selection kit

podkap1970

Emperor
Having started looking into the event's math a little closer... It seems like it may be problematic to finish the grand prize without diamonds:

Level 3 from questline.
Not likely to get silver without diamonds.
So you need 5 from pond crossings = 9 ponds (1,3,5,7,9)

9 ponds * 25 = 225 distance

Even if you could choose the absolute most efficient hop every time (you can't), the best is the Raccoon or Swan at 110 lanterns to move 3 squares. This would require 8250 lanterns *always* choosing a raccoon or swan. The total count calculated on the wiki is 7700 lanterns - and that assumes quest rewards jump to 100 after 41 (do they?). That doesn't include the lantern spawns in the wild, but this does point to the math on completing a bridge being *exceedingly* tight.
did you guys had this problem last year too ? (i did not play it last year),
i guess not, because you got enough Pagoda upgrade Kits

well i hope someone from Dev team read this

Edit: i'm sure with this incident i can get some more jumps
Screenshot_5.jpg 3! lanterns :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser7624

View attachment 5008 3! lanterns :)
I manged to get 353 lanterns from external trees already

Dessire

Regent
1. buildings can't be rotated because they are not "3d models", buildings are "draws". FoE dessigners just "draw" what you actually see, that means, if you rotate the building, you will see nothing, just something like...a weird shape.

2.people complaining for an over population of 50k?! XD pleeeease!!! I have in my city a total population of 249 254, and 222 000 of them are doing nothing! and a total happyness of 506 470, and no! I don't have any decoration or cultural building, the happyness I have is from event buildings and 1x1 roads. and no im not a pay to win player....

3. Can't wait to get the new portrait of ayumi in the server where I play!!! it's a really cute portrait! one of the cutest ever!

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

View attachment 5008 3! lanterns :)

Pagoda required one less level, there was one more level that came from quest milestones, and bronze gave an upgrade (not just silver+). It was easily completed.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Pagoda required one less level, there was one more level that came from quest milestones, and bronze gave an upgrade (not just silver+). It was easily completed.
It seems like events are trending to require very specific strategies to win a full grand prize. For example, choosing the most efficient jumps or passes in this event and the football/soccer ones (and using certain coaches), and the St. Patrick's event requiring you to be careful with your currency. I'm not sure yet whether I think this is a good or bad thing

DeletedUser7624

It seems like events are trending to require very specific strategies to win a full grand prize. For example, choosing the most efficient jumps or passes in this event and the football/soccer ones (and using certain coaches), and the St. Patrick's event requiring you to be careful with your currency. I'm not sure yet whether I think this is a good or bad thing
Otherwise it would be way to easy. 1 a day visit, few clicks and you have a fully leveled grand prize. And still there were plenty of ppl (at least on my live servers) who had several lvl missing. I do agree that main prize must achievable for free. But using certain strategy is also good :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Otherwise it would be way to easy. 1 a day visit, few clicks and you have a fully leveled grand prize. And still there were plenty of ppl (at least on my live servers) who had several lvl missing. I do agree that main prize must achievable for free. But using certain strategy is also good :)

This one seems a little too RNG though - you may have 300+ lanterns from the wilds already and be on track - but i'm pretty sure i'm < 100 so far and at this rate even if I completed the event playing perfectly I'd come up short (I probably won't bother on beta anyways).

Live as is I'll probably just use the event to chase more sentinel outposts and forget the grand prize. Either that or not spend a single lantern for most of the event until I see if I find enough from the wilds. Giving up expect special count to make sure you finish the grand prize only to come up short on it anyways would be infuriating.

DeletedUser7624

This one seems a little too RNG though - you may have 300+ lanterns from the wilds already and be on track - but i'm pretty sure i'm < 100 so far and at this rate even if I completed the event playing perfectly I'd come up short (I probably won't bother on beta anyways).

Live as is I'll probably just use the event to chase more sentinel outposts and forget the grand prize. Either that or not spend a single lantern for most of the event until I see if I find enough from the wilds. Giving up expect special count to make sure you finish the grand prize only to come up short on it anyways would be infuriating.
Probably that y devs put Bridge up kits as dailies so anyone could try and snatch few to guarantee max lvl? A bit tricky though

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Probably that y devs put Bridge up kits as dailies so anyone could try and snatch few to guarantee max lvl? A bit tricky though

If they are dailies, yes that'd do the trick. But they haven't done that for a long long while with main event prizes.

edit: quote from announcement update:

Apologies there were some errors in the announcement they Bridge names have been switched over and Hanami Bridge upgrades will not be available as Daily Specials. Sorry, I know this caused some excitement,

Status
Not open for further replies.