• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Sure it shouldn't be hard... Ask those smartbottoms who wrote in this thread the event is soooo easy...

The event is easy to get 9-10 pieces and a complete (or close enough) level 2 set. Annoying but not hard and with lots of time leeway (like 10 days worth).

If you work your ass off and no-life it you can get to 11-12 by running cities as tight as you can and skipping the right tasks.

13+ takes diamonds no matter what (and diamond spenders have to work hard to boot if they want to increase mileage of those diamonds :p)

It's very easy to do "ok" - just don't do anything dumb (extraneous manager levels, time skips, buying 2-5 chests or 7+ at stage end (1 is free, 6 is an efficient-enough set kit, 2-5 is wasting pots of gold for no progress, 7+ requires you to spend an additional 3900 for a kit instead of 1900 for a kit; they really need to communicate the 1900 pots of gold at stage end better - i.e. rather than showing all 6 as free perhaps they should grey out 5 of them and show the prices they *will* be)

It's not at all rewarding to try and do better than ok - way more work for little more reward.

vicbeta

Farmer
Just to inform everyone we are well aware of this issue and have already reported it to the developers.
yeah, well, i'm not getting my tasks done and time is running out....
i spent real dollars for more diamonds to get this last village done so i'd get the last upgrades i need for a full set, and i'm not happy right now.
i put in a ticket to support with more screen shots...build a karaoke bar? you gotta be kidding me...

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
1582068696989.png1582069023172.png
What an amazing event. Very sensical and easy to understand.

NOTE: I am well in support of this event, just sad that it fell so short of what it could have been.

DeletedUser

It's very easy to do "ok" - just don't do anything dumb
Oh, yeah, I bet everyone would follow the rule :D I mean... It's so easy not to do anything dumb... why everybody is still doing that? Must be they are just being malicious towards those like you...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Oh, yeah, I bet everyone would follow the rule :D I mean... It's so easy not to do anything dumb... why everybody is still doing that? Must be they are just being malicious towards those like you...

How is it being malicious? I'm not defending the event - it's boring, tedious, annoying, and doesn't even offer reward for trying hard.

But it's not hard either. It has a very tight reward band where it's downright hard to not get 9-10 pieces if you participate fully (i.e. do all the quests and don't completely neglect the minigame). You have to manage to outright waste ~1900 pots of gold for each step worse than that you want to go.

DeletedUser

I still don't get why we must do two different sets of quests in the event (for pots and for grand prizes). I don't get why we SHOULD NOT finish the task line within the city to gather MORE pieces of set. Why there are no dailies. Why I got only 8 pieces of set while playing from the start and spending diaxes.

Why, Inno, why?

DeletedUser

How is it being malicious? I'm not defending the event - it's boring, tedious, annoying, and doesn't even offer reward for trying hard.

But it's not hard either. It has a very tight reward band where it's downright hard to not get 9-10 pieces if you participate fully (i.e. do all the quests and don't completely neglect the minigame). You have to manage to outright waste ~1900 pots of gold for each step worse than that you want to go.
I ask you why do you think I gather only 8 pieces of set if it's so easy for casual player? I do not consider myself dumb, so I must be malicious, right?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I ask you why do you think I gather only 8 pieces of set if it's so easy for casual player? I do not consider myself dumb, so I must be malicious, right?

I don't know why you missed it - I know why I'm only on pace for 9 without diamonds is I missed multiple days because it's beta and I don't play every day and tried a variety of bizarre strategies to get a feel for what's possible. Hence participating fully without experimenting = easy 10. Experimenting a little might mean 9. 8 would take some *big* mistakes (some of which like say opening 5 chests is perfectly understandable since it's not explained anywhere you need 1900 and not everyone researches the event - I've consistently lobbied against this issue). Others like using time skips or managers that weren't even asked of you are just a player's greed/impatience.

jtrucker

Baronet
They must have bugged it at the very end... The tool-tip for "build cake factory" changed into "build karaoke bar" today. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D .
Now THAT made me laugh really hard....

Other than that I must (reluctantly) agree with Xivarmy. Me being working person, I was here daily but outside the weekend only once per day in the evening and I fell short only 220 PoG from 10 pieces. That shortage I assign to me not knowing what I'm doing at the beginning, buying extra manager, I distinctly remember opening the extra chest for 50 PoG after the first run and so on. (I bought the needed PoG with the free dia here...)
So it is doable for free even with limited time IF YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. I still consider it bad and tedious event with no happiness and only very slight margin for error.
Well, I told my guildies on live all about what I learned, so hopefully they can avoid the same mistakes (like opening different number than 1 or 6 of the chests).
I feel really sorry for all the players who do NOT have beta friend in their guild, because it is very un-intuitive. Yes, eventually everyone will figure it out like we all did here, but at the cost of PoG which will be missing eventually. It should be balanced better with bigger margin for trial and error at the beginning. Just my opinion...

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Anyone else unable to complete the task "upgrade your at factory to level 2..." I've tried upgrading manager and factory, but neither gets counted.

Update: OK, it says upgrade hat factory, but it really is the task to upgrade the cake factory. So wasted POGs for nothing....

Too many bugs and problem to bother with filling out all the bug reports that would be needed just for issues found in past hour.....

Last edited: