• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

Yeah, that still doesn't change a fact, that it is boring as hell with mediocre reward.

I thought that primary objective of Inno is to make money.

And I think that's the number one reason they don't respond to much of what is written here. Their response would generally be something like: "Our algorithms indicate that implementing this suggestion would negatively affect our revenue forecast."

I applaud Inno for trying something different (and for replacing Carnival). Other than that, I will be skipping it on Live for multiple reasons which I do not expect Inno to address in any meaningful way. In fairness, I also think it doesn't fit well with my usual one-visit-a-day schedule but I don't blame Inno for that.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
I am really pleased that I have stuck with this event in spite of the mind numbing tedium. If nothing else, it has taught me the total futility of even trying to complete the event on my live servers. Despite throwing nearly 2000 diamonds at it here, I will still not be able to complete a full level 2 set. I have keenly followed the wisdom of my testing colleagues here on beta but alas I shall still be 1 upgrade short. This just confirms by belief in beta testing. It has saved me a small fortune on live!

Sinitar

Regent
I am really pleased that I have stuck with this event in spite of the mind numbing tedium. If nothing else, it has taught me the total futility of even trying to complete the event on my live servers. Despite throwing nearly 2000 diamonds at it here, I will still not be able to complete a full level 2 set. I have keenly followed the wisdom of my testing colleagues here on beta but alas I shall still be 1 upgrade short. This just confirms by belief in beta testing. It has saved me a small fortune on live!
man,
here sometimes you cannot finish a special building or a full set but you can saw how avoid the commons errors testing to reach your acchievements in live server ..
I also spended at start event 1750 diamonds ...

DeletedUser

No one is forcing you to open additional sets. Its an option. which I'd recommend no one use. As has been shown on many of these previous pages getting a full lvl 2 set is very doable without using diamonds.
Oh, yeah. No one is forcing me to do anything, actually. But no dailies with "option" to buy rewards for money... that is what I call pathetic.

And I played the event. Read this 70 something pages. Spent diamonds. And 7 pieces for me. Great event, oh yeah, good job Inno.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
i can count to 12 pieces nolifing it in theory. not that's particularly inspiring.

the loop:
task-set 1: 1.6 days, 32 tasks, 580 pots
managers: Fest 3, Ship 1, Hat 3, Flower 2, Cake 1, Drink 2, Fire 2
stuck on: Cake 3, Ship 4, 16Q Shamrocks (for time reasons)

task-set 2: 1 day, 32 tasks, 550 pots
managers: Fest 3, Ship 3, Flower 3, Fire 2
stuck on: Drink 2, Cake 3, Ship 4
note: no Cake, Drink managers

task-set 3: 1.6 days, 32-33 tasks, 510 pots
managers: Fest 2, Ship 3, Hat 1, Flower 2, Cake 2, Fire 2
stuck on: 200 upgrades or 12Q Shamrocks (don't need the 200 upgrades, not sure if it'll be easy to complete or not by time making it there, 12Q shamrocks costs time though), Drink 3, Fest 4
note: no Drink manager

total loop: 4.2 days, 96-97 tasks, 1640 pots

You can complete this loop 5 times in 21 days for 8200 pots of gold winning 19 grand prizes awarding you 7 kits from grand prizes.
Adding in 3800 pots for buying a chest set twice gets you to 12000 pots of gold for 9 kits. plus 3 pieces from questline.

You still need to pay 1900 pots per for any kits above this you want for your extra layout (no more time to do more tasks on the cheap - need to open extra chests for the next cheapest progress)

I'm not in love with the St Patricks day event. Let me explain why.
First some things that I like. Good is that it's original. I also like the choice of the theme and the pots of gold.
Then some tings about which I'm not enthousiastic.
- The explanation could have been clearer. For example, it took me a while to realize the differende betwee the upgrade of a factory and the release of a production of a factory.
- I miss mouse-over event tips in the interface - I shouldnt have to click on the manager in order to find out which factory it is.
- There are two series of quests - those with pots of gold, and those in the top of the village. But there are far too many of the latter, and it requires way too much RL time.
- In its current form, it takes a few days to sort out what's what, how stuff works. But one also needs time to discover what a good strategy is - complete a stage as soon as possible, or bring a stage as far as possible? Upgrade managers to level 5, or be prudent with upgrades? And so on. That makes it hard to obtain all pieces.

Atokirina

Squire
if you play all the time, you gained only in total 11 pieces with 11950 pots ahahhahahhaha
That's not a lot at all :(

After 21 days.

We could start a community contest: which player will finish his city the fastest? (without spending more than 580 gold) ;-)

Record is: 1.6 days.

Last edited:

vanhunter

Farmer
I just started Beta and building a city and trying to do the event is difficult; but actually fun - I like the challenge - the mechanics of the event are relatively easy to understand.
As far as the new GB set goes - I think it will be good for the Lower age players ,but don't believe the higher age players will care for the size vs. rewards -- Keep up the good work you Inno designers

6zeva9

Baronet
I just started Beta and building a city and trying to do the event is difficult; but actually fun - I like the challenge - the mechanics of the event are relatively easy to understand.
As far as the new GB set goes - I think it will be good for the Lower age players ,but don't believe the higher age players will care for the size vs. rewards -- Keep up the good work you Inno designers
The Celtic Forest is NOT a GB it is a special building set.

jtrucker

Baronet
i can count to 12 pieces nolifing it in theory. not that's particularly inspiring.

the loop:
task-set 1: 1.6 days, 32 tasks, 580 pots
managers: Fest 3, Ship 1, Hat 3, Flower 2, Cake 1, Drink 2, Fire 2
stuck on: Cake 3, Ship 4, 16Q Shamrocks (for time reasons)

task-set 2: 1 day, 32 tasks, 550 pots
managers: Fest 3, Ship 3, Flower 3, Fire 2
stuck on: Drink 2, Cake 3, Ship 4
note: no Cake, Drink managers

task-set 3: 1.6 days, 32-33 tasks, 510 pots
managers: Fest 2, Ship 3, Hat 1, Flower 2, Cake 2, Fire 2
stuck on: 200 upgrades or 12Q Shamrocks (don't need the 200 upgrades, not sure if it'll be easy to complete or not by time making it there, 12Q shamrocks costs time though), Drink 3, Fest 4
note: no Drink manager

total loop: 4.2 days, 96-97 tasks, 1640 pots
Wait a minute, are there THREE task sets now? When did I miss that update? I live in the belief that there were two sets...? I wrote down the strategy (for the 5 limbo runs/5 days each) which managers to buy and which to skip to not get stuck on 3 managers. Please don't tell me it is all garbage now because there is another task set with yet another combination of managers to think of...?

If we now have 3 task sets, could you summarize it again? Not these quick 580some pots (I have no time to try that "pseudofun"), but the slow 5 days runs 700some pots with 4 chest sets
thanks