• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback St Patrick's Day Event

DeletedUser8743

This is very INCORRECT statement. You guys here are missing one very significant point which I mentioned before. Not the time how fast you can get to 8.4aa and get new town, but time how fast A WORKING PERSON can get 1900 + 710 (610) pots of gold. Repeatedly. So it is 11 days to go = 11 days in the event, just half, right? I am at quest 36. I couldn't, literally physically couldn't do more quests until today because of my real life workload during the week. And that's fact which is ignored by all the strategists here. So far I finished one town with fully opened chests and now I have 1.2k gold = not enough to open full set of chests, can't even do that yet because I have aprox. 1aa of shamrocks and on top of it I didn't do enough tasks to get enough grand prizes because I'm stuck with 3 tasks being managers... which in turn I don't have gold for.

So I can only repeat what I stated before - for person, who like me works in the environment where he/she cannot play the game at work (I am trucker, so I really can't), this event is impossible to complete, period. No matter the strategy. because you will not get required amount of pot of golds at the day you need it, if you cannot rush through the first 35 quests in couple afternoons to stockpile them. And you can't with like 20x 4 hours production (sorry, I don't have even 20 backsmiths in my city) and such.

The ONLY solution is to make grand prize every OTHER prize, not every third and to make tasks skippable or program it so that there is never all three tasks manager.
If this two things are not implemented, it is not even worth to start the event for working person, because he/she will became very very frustrated and angry. No strategy can fix this.
Why should casual players who put limited effort & strategy be able to get a full lvl 2 set? 5 runs in 20 days isn't that much actual effort and is very doable. Plenty of time to pause and acquire more POG. Most casual players will probably benefit from just a full lvl 1 set. Live players will be able to go to the FOE fandom wiki to see full details of the event before it starts.

DeletedUser8743

Giving POG's away at each townshift is not the way to go - to easy. A little wiggeling room with chests will make the event more attractive as there is something to play for.
I said giving POG as prizes for doing those last few tasks (35-38). It is the same as what you suggested but easier to implement and provides the player with more flexibility.

DeletedUser1418

I said giving POG as prizes for doing those last few tasks (35-38). It is the same as what you suggested but easier to implement and provides the player with more flexibility.
Still to easy, I got to quest 35 in 1 day the last 3 task will take another 2, so you reward patience

Amdira

Baronet
Why should casual players who put limited effort & strategy be able to get a full lvl 2 set? 5 runs in 20 days isn't that much actual effort and is very doable. Plenty of time to pause and acquire more POG. Most casual players will probably benefit from just a full lvl 1 set. Live players will be able to go to the FOE fandom wiki to see full details of the event before it starts.
Serously? Working players are not the same as casual players. Each player who is active - and that is imho who is investing about 1h/day into this game, should be able to do this event and earn the full lvl2 set. As I mentioned before, it should be possible for every active player to get the complete set. For more active players and wales the chest-version should give a second set. That's all. Inno cann't expect working ppl to take vacation for a event and with the current setup it isn't possible without spending at least 5h/day to get the set - maybe not even complete. That is not acceptable at all.

DeletedUser8743

InnoGames NEVER designed this game or any part of it for working persons. I wil feel sorry for all the people (including myself) with multiple cities to figure this out...
It is not about working. It is about level of effort put towards the game. My guild leader on B2 is a trucker and he is most definitely not a casual player.

DeletedUser1418

It is not about working. It is about level of effort put towards the game. My guild leader on B2 is a trucker and he is most definitely not a casual player.
It's an online game running 24x7. You miss the point completely. If you or your guild leader wanna play a game within your time limits, I recommend playstation or X-Box

DeletedUser8743

Still to easy, I got to quest 35 in 1 day the last 3 task will take another 2, so you reward patience
With the caveat that I haven't made a run using the alternate task list, I think the event is fine as is. I don't see any changes with the event itself as being necessary. They do need to make the instructions more clear in some areas.

DeletedUser8743

It's an online game running 24x7. You miss the point completely. If you or your guild leader wanna play a game within your time limits, I recommend playstation or X-Box
You're the one missing the point. Everyone plays the game within their time limits whether it is self imposed or imposed by outside influences. I'm not trying to make the event any easier. I'm doing just fine with it as is.

DeletedUser1418

You're the one missing the point. Everyone plays the game within their time limits whether it is self imposed or imposed by outside influences. I'm not trying to make the event any easier. I'm doing just fine with it as is.
So find time or make time. Dont blame InnoGames

jtrucker

Baronet

I do not consider myself only a casual player. And I certainly invest more than an hour each and every day, no exception. But quests take more than couple hours and if you can't come here during a day, THIS particular event in impossible to do. Other events were possible. (I stated before I did ALL events including the -by everyone - cursed carnival)
If your guild leader will have this full set lvl 2 for free, that all the power to him, he's better than me and I freely admit it. I simply can't (truckers in Canada work 14 hours/day and there is not enough time after, when I need to sleep a bit). Oh I can on beta - to buy what I need. But not for free.

5 runs in 20 days is doable, but one run every 4 days is not (and that is not the same). That's what I'm trying to say and that's what many people do not want to hear. (approx) 2600 pots per 4 day run (incl. chests) = 650 pots/day. You can't make that, not each and every day to keep with the progress.

But whatever, you clearly think that players who can't put 5-6-7 hours a day into this game do not deserve the prize, so I don't deserve it. I will still play it, CASUALLY, keep those few pieces I'll obtain in the inventory and in a year or two I might get the remaining pieces from antique dealer. That's another (easier) solution, rather than fixing broken event.

jtrucker

Baronet

I don't think this deserves an answer, but perhaps you can help me by telling me how do I do that. Commute to work 45 min, working hours 5:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Could you, please, enlighten me when and how can I (should I) find the time?

DeletedUser8743

Serously? Working players are not the same as casual players. Each player who is active - and that is imho who is investing about 1h/day into this game, should be able to do this event and earn the full lvl2 set. As I mentioned before, it should be possible for every active player to get the complete set. For more active players and wales the chest-version should give a second set. That's all. Inno cann't expect working ppl to take vacation for a event and with the current setup it isn't possible without spending at least 5h/day to get the set - maybe not even complete. That is not acceptable at all.
Which is why I made the distinction. 5hr/day? On a single city for this event? Doing 5 runs in 20 days is just not that much actual effort. Now if you only get on once a day that makes it a bit harder but that is true of any event.

DeletedUser8743

You're still clueless. I'm fine with the event. I like it much better than the Carnival event. I haven't complained about it at all. I don't blame Inno and you won't find a post where I have.

jtrucker

Baronet
once a day that makes it a bit harder but that is true of any event.

No, it is not. Every other event I finished with absolutely no problem coming here once a day during week and of course then more during weekend. I do put an effort to each event, being true to beta purpose (not as free diamond city but to test if event is doable). And I make sure I do not use the diamonds for the event unless absolutely necessary, because I want to prove or disprove if it is doable for free - to tell honest result of that to my live server guildmates. Result of this one that it is NOT doable for free and that's that. Whether that is the intention of Inno (which very well might be that not everyone will get it) or whether it is sign of poorly balanced event is more than I can say.

Amdira

Baronet
Which is why I made the distinction. 5hr/day? On a single city for this event? Doing 5 runs in 20 days is just not that much actual effort. Now if you only get on once a day that makes it a bit harder but that is true of any event.
Believe it or not, but - as I stated earlier - I'm one of the lucky ones who can be ingame 12h/day and more - I'm about to finish 5th run now and received 5th piece of set today. I spent a LOT of time into this event - and still I see no possibility - except spending diamonds - to get the full lvl2 set in time. So I just can imagine how hard and impossible it might be for working ppl who can't spend as much time as me. Up to now every event building could be achieved by what you call casual players - but with this setup it isn't.

DeletedUser8743

Believe it or not, but - as I stated earlier - I'm one of the lucky ones who can be ingame 12h/day and more - I'm about to finish 5th run now and received 5th piece of set today. I spent a LOT of time into this event - and still I see no possibility - except spending diamonds - to get the full lvl2 set in time. So I just can imagine how hard and impossible it might be for working ppl who can't spend as much time as me. Up to now every event building could be achieved by what you call casual players - but with this setup it isn't.
Don't see where people are spending that much actual time doing the event. Most of the time is the computer working in the background.

There's over 11 days left in the event. I assume the five you have include the 1st two from the event quests. You'll get a 6th from finishing the event quests.
You should have time to get the other 4 pieces unless you've burned through too much POG.