• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

And something else, if you dont like GbG, dont play GbG, it is not something you SHOULD play or esle your town will lack on any way.
Cheers

FoE never was a "fight game", it was a game about exploration, research and building. Yes, fighting was part of the game but never the main focus.
You could excel in all of its area by dedicating 1 to 2 hours a day. GG changed that dramatically. You now need to spend more than 50% of your time with GG and need more than twice the time you needed before to excel at *all* areas.

And don't tell me "you can skip it", yes you can, but not advanced player will skip a part of the games that makes up more then 50% of the game play.
GG is not just any new feature, it changes the mechanism and balance of game play in FoE, and with that it destroys the feeling of FoE. Its primary focus no longer is building, constructing, manufacturing and research. With GG it is a fight game - and I don't like fight games.

Gab in Beta

Merchant
Velvet Dream this is your opinion about FoE, not the absolute truth. FoE is what any player thinks it is. For me its a fight game, for others is farming and city evolving. I remember early days 2013 before GvG the main game was fighting your neighboors, then GvG came, more fighting.
GbG is not only a fighting mode, it can be easily played by farmers that make 500+ goods per day with the same impact on GbG with fighters.
How the whole game mechanism and balance changes? The player that plays most time gets more rewards, that is common for all online games :)
Primary focus on building doesnt exist many years now, with the GBs on high levels you need nothing but event buildings in your town. Who high level player has houses ? nobody . .

Logain Sedai

Baronet
From experience on Beta and now on Live, i think this "feature" destroys the game as we now it.

* it requires to much time
* it requires to much resources
* it completely alters the nature of the game

Please, Inno remove the GG before they kill the FoE we know and love.

If you don't like it, don't do it.
This is not a obligation. Like GE and GvG, it is your choice to make.
For my part, I like it. I think the way every player of the guild fight on the same map is really great.

qaccy

Emperor
FoE never was a "fight game", it was a game about exploration, research and building. Yes, fighting was part of the game but never the main focus.
You could excel in all of its area by dedicating 1 to 2 hours a day. GG changed that dramatically. You now need to spend more than 50% of your time with GG and need more than twice the time you needed before to excel at *all* areas.

And don't tell me "you can skip it", yes you can, but not advanced player will skip a part of the games that makes up more then 50% of the game play.
GG is not just any new feature, it changes the mechanism and balance of game play in FoE, and with that it destroys the feeling of FoE. Its primary focus no longer is building, constructing, manufacturing and research. With GG it is a fight game - and I don't like fight games.

GbG hasn't really changed the game much at all. It's something new to do, sure, but that's pretty much all it is. And just like with other features in the game, you can choose to put as much or as little time and focus into it as you wish.

DeletedUser10047

When the announcement says, "we've increased the maximum attrition level to compensate for the adjustment in the overall difficulty curve . ", does this mean that an attrition level of 100 no longer will equate to 1750%/20x? Is 1750%/20x still the maximum only at a higher attrition level (like 120)? Or has the maximum boost/multiplier been adjusted upward?

DeletedUser9938

@Dudettas can we have a bit more details on changes to attrition? What does it mean for players? How will the curve change? What will be max attack/defense bonus of opponent and nego multiplayer?

DeletedUser10265

I don't like the Guild Battlegrounds.

Why? Because it completely changed the game. To worse.

1. GBG has totally dominated the guild ranking. Now, your position depends on your league and you can do little to change it.
If your guild doesn't participate in GBG, it will end in the abyss of positions 500+...

2. It demands a lot of time. You cannot pop in, do some battles and leave the game, as you can do with the Guild Expedition. No, you need to follow all day what is happening on the map, you need to be right in time when the protections ends, otherwise another guild takes the province and it is blocked for another 4 hours...

3. It extremely favors big and rich guilds. At first, I thought that it favors big guilds only in one way - more players = more battles/negotiations and I thought that a guild with 20% more players would be able to do 20% more.
But things are worse.
The building prices are the same for everyone (they don't depend on the number of guild members), which means that small guilds can afford to build a little, while big guilds can afford to build more. Which means that every single player in a bigger and richer guild can do more than a player in small and poor guild. Even if the single player from the small and poor guild is stronger. What are the consequences? Small guilds will merge or die. Guilds which don't participate in GBG will die.
But if you think that it is the real problem of GBG, it's not. Things are much worse.

How? Let's start with the following questions: How do you think you should play in the GBG? How was it planned by game developers?
I think that most of the players would answer both questions as follows: attack the provinces you are told to attack, do some battles/negotiations, and that's all. How many battles/negotiations? 20, 30, 50, maybe 100, if you are a very strong player. It also depends on which buildings you build.
WRONG!
One of my guildmates has shown us how to do it "properly". If you got 4 Siege Camps in provinces neighbouring to the one you want to conquer, you have only 4% chances that your attrition will increase. Add just one more Siege Camp or Watchtower, and you got 100% chances that your attrition will not change. With high enough military bonus ("high enough" isn't extremely high in fact), you can do auto-battles with no losses, so you can do them practically infinitely. OK, there are building slots, but usually you can have 4-5 SCs in 2-3 neighbouring provinces. Anyway, how does it work in practice? My guildmate has done almost 1000 battles in the first day of the GBG - he was just building Siege Camps everywhere. Our guild was the strongest one already, but spam-building SCs allowed him to totally dominate the map. Nearly alone. All you need to have is: plenty of goods in the guild treasury (and old guilds, which play for years, got them). At some point, spam-building SCs and fighting with zero attrition growth is cheaper than negotiating... It totally destroys the so-called balance the devs have made between fighting and negotiating.

As you can see, the GBG is broken, yet it has a huge impact on the game. That's why I don't like it.

Rusje

Steward
You can build a lot of buildings now, but you can't keep doing that for years. Just wait a few months till the leagues are good and than come again. I think it is the normalest thing in the world that a guild with 70+ players playing for years will win from a guild with +/- 40 players who only play a year. Don't say that that's unfair, because it is fair!

DeletedUser10265

You can build a lot of buildings now, but you can't keep doing that for years. Just wait a few months till the leagues are good and than come again. I think it is the normalest thing in the world that a guild with 70+ players playing for years will win from a guild with +/- 40 players who only play a year. Don't say that that's unfair, because it is fair!
Yes, it is fair that a bigger and older guild wins with a smaller and younger one.
But it is not fair that the same player can do hundreds of battles for free (because he doesn't suffer the attrition) if he plays in a big and rich guild, while the same player could do only 50 battles for instance in a small and poor guild and he would struggle with increasing attrition just because he cannot afford to build SCs.

You say that the big and old guilds will deplete their treasury? It will take a long time, too long, if it's possible at all.
Let's say that a guild has 40 players with the Arc at lvl 80. They produce 40 x 162 x 5 goods to the guild treasury every day. That's 32,400 goods every day. A SC costs 3,000 goods, so it's enough to build 11 SCs every day. Now there is the Observatory, which is cheap to build and can nearly double it. And then there is the Atomium, which can also nearly triple it. Now, when you take back the provinces, you get a chance that the SC will remain, so you don't need to build them every time. Then you can even donate the goods to the treasury, because you don't need them for negotiations anyway...

edit:
The big, old and rich guilds should win because their players can do more than players in small, young and poor guilds. They should win because they had more time to build their GBs, to increase their military bonus. They shouldn't win because they can abuse Siege Camps and keep playing with zero attrition forever.

DeletedUser10368

SUGGESTION: "Member Activity" Screen is not USEFUL for Guild Leaders (or possibly anyone).
As a Leader, I'm not all that concerned with Numbers of Fights vs Number of Negotiations by individual members.
Guild ranking isn't much use either - I know who my players and which ones who love to Kill, Kill, Kill (with troops and/or goods) every chance they get :)
It will be the same ranking most rounds, and we arent competing with each other in-guild anyway.

I would much prefer seeing my MEMBER ACTIVITY listed with Total Number of Encounters completed (like in GE);

perhaps alternatively Total encounters overall, AND in brackets Total encounters for previous 24 hours, or from attrition reset time.

AND Name of Last Province(s) worked on in previous 24 hours.

HossamAly

Merchant
Does anyone know what the new maximum attrition is? I just about beat the 1750% on live servers, not sure I can do much better

qaccy

Emperor
@felec I agree with you about Siege Camps being essentially broken, and I also agree that I don't think many of the guilds heavily utilizing them are ever going to reach a point where they can no longer do it. I think that either their effect should be reduced (along with watchtowers), or changed entirely. Otherwise, Inno may as well get rid of the attrition system entirely if they're going to allow it to be this easy to simply ignore it.

kaymedic

Marquis
@felec I agree with you about Siege Camps being essentially broken, and I also agree that I don't think many of the guilds heavily utilizing them are ever going to reach a point where they can no longer do it. I think that either their effect should be reduced (along with watchtowers), or changed entirely. Otherwise, Inno may as well get rid of the attrition system entirely if they're going to allow it to be this easy to simply ignore it.

The new change that attrition is increasing slower is a first step I guess. Now you can fight more even without Siege Camps so their benefit decreases a little bit. A first step at least ;)