• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

Feanor II

Baronet
no they didn't

you can check the values in the official wiki (not the fanmade one)

Well then this:
1574953927650.png

is staying in my wallet.

Maybe they'll come to their senses before Tuesday. I realize at this point it's highly unlikely but maybe, just maybe they'll actually listen to their customers.

I know, I'm a hopeless optimist.

Last edited:

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Thank you all for your patience. We do really appreciate your feedback and it has all been forwarded and reviewed. It was, however, inconsistent with the data collected from the game and as such the Event will go ahead unchanged.
As mentioned before, we have made changes to the announcement to try and better explain the Reindeer concept.
I know that many of you were keen to see a rebalance of the train cars, but the statistics took in to account the fact that the cars did not need to be connected to a road, which added a different property to the building.
Thanks to the Beta Community we have been able to identify and resolve several bugs before release.
I'm really sorry that I couldn't give you the news that you were hoping for, and I do understand that this will come as a disappointment to many of you.

CrashBoom

Legend
great. thank you

so I don't have to change my plan
going for Sleigh Builder and 15 goods and not 5 goods from a car

Feanor II

Baronet
EDIT: removed the text as a childish outburst. I am extremely disappointed in Innogames for their failure to correct the error. I believe this event could have been one of the best ever but they intentionally left a fatal flaw in, similar to a "poison pill" provision in a contract. However, I always try to provide constructive feedback, and that sort of outburst is not helpful.

Last edited:

DeletedUser10315

Abseloutly, every Inno employee should expect a fat bonus check for Christmas.
So much for the spirit of the event, taking the money of middle class people road a zero to CEO's account balance.

No doubt the reindeer too will be purchased by thousands of players, but the question remains, who is actually that stupid to do so?

Feanor II

Baronet
I sincerely doubt that anyone who throws temper tantrums all the time will be missed.

I don't. Read back through this thread; you will find logical, mathematical breakdowns to support assertions I've made. I've always tried to be constructively critical up until I let my anger get away from me this morning. In retrospect, I admit the post you're referencing was not helpful so I went back and removed it. Still very angry about Innogames sabotaging the event, but I guess just ignore it and hope they do better with Forge Bowl.

I apologize for the outburst. Still not spending "one red cent" on the Winter Event though ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser10047

I don't. Read back through this thread; you will find logical, mathematical breakdowns to support assertions I've made. I've always tried to be constructively critical up until I let my anger get away from me this morning. In retrospect, I admit the post you're referencing was not helpful so I went back and removed it. Still very angry about Innogames sabotaging the event, but I guess just ignore it and hope they do better with Forge Bowl.

I apologize for the outburst. Still not spending "one red cent" on the Winter Event though ;)
In response, I have deleted my post also. Thank you for your thoughtfulness.

DeletedUser4409

We do really appreciate your feedback and it has all been forwarded and reviewed. It was, however, inconsistent with the data collected from the game and as such the Event will go ahead unchanged.
I highly doubt that any meaningful conclusions can be drawn on the basis of a server where one gets lots of diamonds with each bigger update. Players on the live servers value their premium currency much more if they have either bought it or collected from the wishing wells than when having got it for free. Even though I have over 270 wishing wells, I am pretty tight-fisted when it comes to spend any diamonds. How can you expect anyone to happily spend three thousand diamonds on a "reward" and say that all the complaints on the forum are "inconsistent with the data from the game"?

DeletedUser10047

I highly doubt that any meaningful conclusions can be drawn
Of course meaningful conclusions can be drawn. This isn't the first time Inno has done this. They know exactly how diamond usage on beta translates to diamond usage (and buying) on the live servers.

Emberguard

Emperor
How can you expect anyone to happily spend three thousand diamonds on a "reward" and say that all the complaints on the forum are "inconsistent with the data from the game"?
I’d be curious to know how many of those saying it’s not worth 3k diamonds would normally be spending the diamonds required to get extra event buildings? Maybe you’re right and in this format it’s not worth as much as it would in any other format. It does depend on what you’re after to whether you’d buy what’s in it. Just strikes me as odd given when the yesterdays daily special for diamonds feature was removed there was complaints about it being removed. And that was a similar price point for one item, not nine items.

Feanor II

Baronet
I’d be curious to know how many of those saying it’s not worth 3k diamonds would normally be spending the diamonds required to get extra event buildings? Maybe you’re right and in this format it’s not worth as much as it would in any other format. It does depend on what you’re after to whether you’d buy what’s in it. Just strikes me as odd given when the yesterdays daily special for diamonds feature was removed there was complaints about it being removed. And that was a similar price point for one item, not nine items.
I would.

My standard is very simple-if they give me an option to make my city better, I'll pay to do it. In this case, what they offer actually makes my city worse, so I won't be spending on it.

Frankiedk

Squire
It's not possible on the Train to see the total happiness of the Train and wagons mounted behind it. The train says it show the total of the complete set, but happiness is apparently omitted from that. If it should not be included, its nessasary to have the popup on the wagons themselves. If the Wagons are placed in other places than behind the train, you cannot see the happiness effect.

esoterism

Squire
This was my last message on this forum.
Following the fact that INNO do not listen our comment. I have deleted all my contributions to it.
This is the only remaining trace with my first message on 14 March 2016 (3 1/2 year not heard contributions !!)
Bye Bye

PS : I recommend all others to do the same.

Last edited:

Logain Sedai

Baronet
Following the fact that INNO do not listen our comment. I have deleted all my contributions to it.
This is the only remaining trace with my first message on 14 March 2016 (3 1/2 year not heard contributions !!)
Bye Bye

A forum is not a Christmas list. It is a place to ask questions, make suggestions, discuss.

Although I don't always agree with Inno decisions, I can't say they don't listen to what we say to them. Like in real life, you don't always get to have everybody agree with you, and get what you want.

And I would encourage more players to visit and contribute to the forum.

Mr.Quib

Squire
Bye Bye

So when using bold, red, max sized text, caps and throwing a tantrum don't work, you're 'not heard'?

Feanor II

Baronet
So when using bold, red, max sized text, caps and throwing a tantrum don't work, you're 'not heard'?

Well, "not heard" is something we can't know. Nobody on this Forum (other than the mods) has any idea how the actual processing of data feedback occurs at Inno. But I would say it's bad optics for them not to interact with their "test group" at all. They are, after all, in the service/entertainment business. Let's say you own a restaurant and plan to add a new item to your menu, but first you give the item to a test group to get their reaction. If half of them spit it out and run to rinse with mouthwash, it would be advisable to interact and ask why before you roll the item out to the general public. Or if you're a movie producer doing a test screening and a significant majority of your test audience walks out shaking their heads in disgust; again, it is advisable to ask why.

Of course Innogames, like the hypothetical restaurant owner and movie producer, is a private company and at the end of the day they can do whatever they want with their own product. I'm just saying that it's probably advisable to interact with your testers. To be clear, I am NOT talking about the live forums. I am only talking about this forum. The entire purpose of a test group is for the product designers and the test group to come up with the most profitable product possible. We (the consumers) and Inno (the service providers) are not enemies here. We both want the same thing, the best game experience possible, because that means the most fun for us and the most profit for them.

So yes, some form of dialogue in situations like this would be beneficial. I'm sure they can spare 5 minutes/day of one employee's time to interact with the people sampling their latest product before the public rollout. Refusing to do so defeats the whole purpose of having a test group in the first place. It's just my opinion though.

Pafton

Viceroy
...Nobody on this Forum (other than the mods) has any idea how the actual processing of data feedback occurs at Inno....
By actual processing of data feedback do you mean how we pass the feedback along or how the received feedback is dealt with by the developers?

DeletedUser10047

But you are missing a lot in your analogies. You don't see that people are flocking to the restaurant to purchase the new item (you only saw a very few people who registered their dislike). You don't see the crowded theatres. Inno sees those things. They see how many people complete the event, how many drop out. They see how many people place the train in their cities. They see how many cars are placed in cities. And most importantly, they see how many diamonds were bought.