• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

DeletedUser7503

unfortunately the winter event has gone from being my favorite to the most boring, getting to open two packages a day is a bore and in the end all we are doing is moving our cho cho along slowly to spit up its current/next prize. it really doesn't provide the excitement of open 6-10 presents everyday and thus makes me feel like i'm not really in the event without spending diamonds for more turns. This was completely opposite from the last event where we were able to clear 10-20 webs regularly and thus "hook" us in the game. The number of turns a player does in a day does matter, especially for diamond sales which I would think is your ultimate goal.

Feanor II

Baronet
unfortunately the winter event has gone from being my favorite to the most boring, getting to open two packages a day is a bore and in the end all we are doing is moving our cho cho along slowly to spit up its current/next prize. it really doesn't provide the excitement of open 6-10 presents everyday and thus makes me feel like i'm not really in the event without spending diamonds for more turns. This was completely opposite from the last event where we were able to clear 10-20 webs regularly and thus "hook" us in the game. The number of turns a player does in a day does matter, especially for diamond sales which I would think is your ultimate goal.

You're not really supposed to open gifts every day; you save up all your stars until you get the Daily Special you want, then spend all of them.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
THAT IS REALLY DISGUSTING !!
SHAME on FOE about the Reindeer collection. You think you would win something and at the end you discover that this is a TOTAL SCAM !!!
I find this SCANDALOUS and for the DIGNITY of FOE, I ask this is ERASED or offered for OTHER THINGS than DIAMANTS.
If it is stays as is I will ask the member of my guild to BOYCOTT this SCANDALOUS SCAM !!
Considering this I will STOP immediately participating to this event on bêta.
You have won the gifts + the train.

inno gives you the additional possibility of buying 9 other buildings, nothing of "DISGUSTING"

Without the reindeer you would have been happy with the gifts + the train, with the reindeer, you are screaming !!

Feanor II

Baronet
THAT IS REALLY DISGUSTING !!
Look, I think Inno has dropped the ball on this Winter Event (a real shame because the Event had great potential), but this might be going a little far.
SHAME on FOE about the Reindeer collection. You think you would win something and at the end you discover that this is a TOTAL SCAM !!!
You didn't find this out at the end. The 2995 diamond charge has always been right there on the screen.
I find this SCANDALOUS and for the DIGNITY of FOE, I ask this is ERASED or offered for OTHER THINGS than DIAMANTS.
It's an offer of additional prizes for diamonds in addition to the free Grand Prize. There's nothing "scandalous" about it. If you don't want it just don't buy it. That's the route I'll be taking if it goes to the live servers chock full of filler garbage, but it's not a scandal. It's just a really bad deal. They don't hide the fact that they're offering junk and expecting us to pay for it.
If it is stays as is I will ask the member of my guild to BOYCOTT this SCANDALOUS SCAM !!
I fully agree that the event needs to be fixed if they want us to spend diamonds on the live servers, but come on-this is really over the top.
Considering this I will STOP immediately participating to this event on bêta.
Just play for the free Grand Prize.

This has been going on in this thread since the inception of the event, and I just don't understand the hostility. If the reindeer weren't there at all you'd be happy, but because you have the OPTION to buy more prizes with diamonds (which are not necessary to max out the Grand Prize) you're enraged?

I can only imagine what it must be like shopping for a new car with you:

Customer: What does the car have for audio?
Dealer: AM/FM radio and CD player with a 6-disc changer
Customer: That sounds like a good deal
Dealer: You can also get XM hooked up but it costs extra.
Customer: This car is a SCANDALOUS SCAM and I'm going to boycott your dealership!!!!!!!!!!
Dealer: Uh, it's not a scam or anything, it actually says it right on the flyer. If you don't want XM, you can just stick with the other free stuff that you said you were happy with.
Customer: SCANDALOUS SCAM!! For the DIGNITY of the dealership XM must be free!!!!! I was perfectly happy with the existing stuff but the option of buying XM in addition to the free stuff so enrages me I'll immediately stop car-shopping!!!!!

Now, in all fairness, the analogy continues with the fact that the added radio feature is essentially charging you for static, but they're not hiding that. The garbage they think you'll spend 2995 diamonds for is sitting right in front of your face. The correct response is to just laugh and not buy it, and also express disappointment that they think we're this stupid.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
If the reindeer rewards has to be purchased with gems, can you at least add a free "Dismiss" option when ALL 9 reindeer are collected? It's one thing to ask people to pay for stuff, it's another to ask them to pay for stuff they DON'T want only to reset the reindeer collection.

That would help a bit. I spent diamonds twice, to get the tactician's tower and its upgrade when they were offered as the DS. I got 6 of each, and spent less than 50% of the 2995 diamonds that the reindeer's awards cost. Plus, the reindeer awards I could buy are poor: only 1 TT, no TT upgrade, and no other prize that I could not get through the Daily Special.

Yes, the reindeer part of the event is optional, and you can enjoy the game by ignoring it, which is what I'll do.
Yet, beta is supposedly for providing feedback, so....

1) Stop calling it an award, it is not. The reindeer items are a somewhat discounted sale of buildings, boosts and other game components.

2 If the price stays at 2995diamonds, Inno needs to offer much higher value items. Otherwise drop the price to 1000 diamonds. The current selection of sale items is simply not worth 2995 diamonds. If Inno wants increased revenues, it needs to offer much better value for money.

3) As @Wanheda said, provide an option to dismiss items you don't want. To keep it fair, that would also dismiss the reindeer. So, if you dismiss an item, you need to earn another reindeer to fill that spot.

4) Stop mixing up items that are bought (reindeer awards) with DS event awards. The reindeer are nothing more than a discount coupon for buying items from the Inno Store. If, after 3 weeks, people are still getting upset by this, it is Inno’s poor marketing of this aspect of the event that is a failure. If Inno wants to avoid a torrent of unhappy players and nasty messages on Facebook and Twitter, they need to fix this messaging mess they've made.

5) Remove the 'awarding of reindeer' from 'getting the Daily Special'. Inno does not have to eliminate the reindeer, but it really needs to create a different process for players to earn them. I earlier suggested that a player could get 1 reindeer for every 3 consecutive days they logged in; i.e. 1 reindeer for every 3 days in a row a player signs on (sort of like airlines awarding miles to frequent flyers). I'm sure folks can come up with better options. But it should be something that clarifies that reindeer are a discount coupon, that only are useful if a player wants to buy something from the Inno store.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
5) Remove the 'awarding of reindeer' from 'getting the Daily Special'. Inno does not have to eliminate the reindeer, but it really needs to create a different process for players to earn them. I earlier suggested that a player could get 1 reindeer for every 3 consecutive days they logged in; i.e. 1 reindeer for every 3 days in a row a player signs on (sort of like airlines awarding miles to frequent flyers). I'm sure folks can come up with better options. But it should be something that clarifies that reindeer are a discount coupon, that only are useful if a player wants to buy something from the Inno store.
Maybe a reindeer every so many track segments? Like every 5 or so?

Feanor II

Baronet
we DO NOT WANT AGGRESSIVE proposal from FOE to members to make them PAY for a free game...That is SCAM. I repeat it and all the words above are misleading the truth. SHAME on FOE !!
YOU. DO. NOT. HAVE. TO. PAY. TO. PLAY. THE. GAME. OR. THIS. EVENT.

THE. GRAND. PRIZE. IS. FREE!!!!!!
[Nota : I am not purchasing a car, I am playing a free game]
1574117699501.png

I don't know why I'm going to these lengths to defend Inno after how badly they've bungled this event. However, it's NOT a scam! It's just a REALLY BAD DEAL. They're openly offering you a handful of cow dung for $35, but they're not claiming to offer you anything other than cow dung, therefore it's not a scam. The 2995 diamond price tag has been there since the Event started. You're right to be angry with Inno, just as I am. But the correct application of that anger is not "it's a scam!"; it's "do you really think I'm that stupid?!" Take all that rage you've got and redirect it into insisting that they fix the Cars and make the Reindeer array be full of useful stuff. As it stands right now, this Event is essentially Innogames implying that their customers are all complete and utter morons who are incapable of elementary arithmetic.

When it goes live, I won't be refusing to buy diamonds because "it's a scam". I'll be refusing to buy diamonds because I have an IQ higher than the room temperature (for the record, I live in the northern USA and we're in an Arctic vortex right now, so that's not saying a lot).

CrashBoom

Legend
today was my lucky day
spend over 400 stars
I won one daily special but 6 shuffles
(and the shuffle after the daily special was the last unknown field)

6zeva9

Baronet
How are Bronze Age and non-Guild Iron Age Players supposed to complete Quest 65?

Exchange 4 items in the Antiques Dealer building
OR
Solve 6 encounters in the Guild Expeditions
AND
Gather 2,000 coins (at Bronze Age)

Amdira

Baronet
How are Bronze Age and non-Guild Iron Age Players supposed to complete Quest 65?

OR
AND

How do Bronze Age players reach Quest 65?

CrashBoom

Legend

OR
AND
auto-complete ?

aren't all questions that can't be done auto-completed

for example my quest 64
auto-completed the infiltrate part (because when having the whole map I can't infiltrate anything) and I had not to do the or part

How do Bronze Age players reach Quest 65?
maybe with doing the 64 quests before :D

6zeva9

Baronet
@ CrashBoom quests only auto complete when you have advanced beyond them. Such as the most common to auto complete "Make people enthusiastic" , if you already are at maximum Happiness it auto completes. Quests do not auto complete if you can advance to complete the task.

@ Amdira the other 64 quests had options that did not require tasks to be completed having unlocked Tech at more advanced Ages.
The problem here is that while my friend & neighbour could advance to Iron Age, they cannot access the Guild Expedition until next week. by which time this Event will be concluded on the Beta Server. And there is little chance of them advancing to the needed Tech in Early Middle Ages in time to complete the Antique Deals before the Event ends either.

Amdira

Baronet
Indeed it reads "hidden offer" and not "hidden price", but I totally agree, it's very misleading, because a new feature :D

OR
AND
You read my mind when I saw the Quest 65 today and I am in Bronze Age.

Inno has said in the past that they provide "OR" to account for players who cannot do 1 of the 2 quests being asked. This would mean that they made a mistake with this particular Quest 65, forgetting that the Antique Dealer is not available until EMA & Guild Expeditions are only available in IA (and in a guild, naturally).

I don't believe Inno would want to stop Bronze Age players from completing all 70 quests (ETA: because I can't skip/abort/ignore this one and proceed with the final few quests in the next few days).

So I would take this as a bug and report it?

* Achaeus 802 the DaringCa

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Your feedback has been noted on this subject, but I don't have any further information for you at this time.

Feanor II

Baronet
Your feedback has been noted on this subject, but I don't have any further information for you at this time.

Is there at least any information on whether or not they'll fix the Cars? We're not looking for much, not a by-the-numbers breakdown (though that would of course be terrific); just looking for "they will be fixed" or "they will go live as-is".

6zeva9

Baronet
You read my mind when I saw the Quest 65 today and I am in Bronze Age.

Inno has said in the past that they provide "OR" to account for players who cannot do 1 of the 2 quests being asked. This would mean that they made a mistake with this particular Quest 65, forgetting that the Antique Dealer is not available until EMA & Guild Expeditions are only available in IA (and in a guild, naturally).

I don't believe Inno would want to stop Bronze Age players from completing all 70 quests (ETA: because I can't skip/abort/ignore this one and proceed with the final few quests in the next few days).

So I would take this as a bug and report it?

* Achaeus 802 the DaringCa
I have Bad news from my neighbour, They raised a ticket as I suggested and after giving the exact wording have been advised that they will not be able to complete anymore Quests during the Event so will not be able to complete the Event and claim the last Upgrade. However the information will be passed to the Developers so that it can be fixed before the Winter Event starts on the Live Servers on the 2nd December.