• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

DeletedUser10282

@Dudettas any chance you can confirm that improvement of train car stats is being at least considered? I believe there was enough negative feedback regarding 5 goods and 4% cars as well as comparison explaining why they are not good enough
yes, please. - What is going on with the cars? will they be fixed and if not, can we have an explanation? this is a big deal,

Feanor II

Baronet
@Dudettas any chance you can confirm that improvement of train car stats is being at least considered? I believe there was enough negative feedback regarding 5 goods and 4% cars as well as comparison explaining why they are not good enough

yes, please. - What is going on with the cars? will they be fixed and if not, can we have an explanation? this is a big deal,

Amen to both!!

It would be nice to get some info back on this (feedback to the feedback, as it were). I think we've pretty much exhausted the analysis of these Cars; anything that could be said has pretty much been said. At this point either they're going to fix them or they're not. @Dudettas

Paprikant

Farmer
Hello. My observation index. I noticed that this feedback is just too chat and developers not looking at it as inspiration only as a rant. But I am disgusted of it.
Several people called for improvement of the train set, but got all management from nothing. Why did then such around the theater?

CrashBoom

Legend
from my observation
feedback leads to improvement

last time they improved the Crows Nest

and this time?
this time has still more than 2 weeks before it goes live
plenty of time for developers

Feanor II

Baronet
from my observation
feedback leads to improvement

last time they improved the Crows Nest

and this time?
this time has still more than 2 weeks before it goes live
plenty of time for developers

Yes there's certainly time, but it would be nice for Inno to let us know what's going on, something like:

1. "Yes we are fixing them, it will be implemented soon"
2. "These are the ways we're thinking of changing it, what do you guys think?" (best option, solicit feedback before doing the work)
3. "We decided we don't want your money, so we're not fixing it. Spend it on Christmas gifts for your family instead."

This is supposed to be a Beta-testing forum. Beta tests are supposed to be an active back-and-forth. Right now we're just talking to ourselves.

Feanor II

Baronet
In case they're not willing to change the Cars in the way that's suggested, I have what I think might be an even better idea-the Cars increase their bonuses as more are added, similar to existing sets. For example, increase the amount of the attack boost by 1% for each Car in addition the base 4%.

Thus:

# of Dining Cars/ATK bonus added to overall train:
1/4%
2/9%
3/15%
4/22%
5/30%
6/39%
7/49%
8/60%
9/72%
10/85%

This would encourage people not only to buy Cars, but would also create a building challenge as people seek to build the longest train possible

EDIT: Would be overpowered in lower ages; they could scale the base attack down slightly in lower ages to compensate.

Last edited:

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
I know I won't be spending 3k diamonds for any reindeer collection... ridiculous
The issue is, how many folks will?
Inno is clearly waiting to see what happens once folks get to 9 reindeer. I am guessing, with their Freemium model, they only need a failrly small % of all players to end up paying the 3000 K, for them to keep it as it is.

Given all the years of data they have on when players choose to spend diamonds, and how much palyers on average actually spend, the 3000 K must reflect their best estimate of what price will maximize their profits. I can't see them adjsting that amount until the event is over, since that is when they will have hard data on how many folks end up biting the bullet and paying the 3000K.

Thunderbummy

Marquis
The whole reindeer thing is fundamentally flawed. Whilst I fully understand the concept of spending diamonds to get something that one wants, I have yet to meet anyone who is happy to spend diamonds to get a bunch of random stuff, more than half of which is neither needed nor wanted. A far better use of 3k diamonds is to simply buy extra stars when the daily special is something worth having. This will also increase tickets and thereby the number of grand prizes.
I also concur with many others regarding the shuffle function. Ever since the events first appearance, the shuffle has been a major irritant and after so many bad experiences over the years, is the sole reason why I never spend "real money" on this event on the live servers. I tried using test diamonds again this year on Beta but nothing changes. Quite a large spend resulted in a bunch of unwanted stuff, many inopportune shuffles and an overwhelming sense of having been cheated yet again.
I have said it on here before and I will probably have to say it again; offer something with "game changing" effect at a reasonable cost and I will happily throw money at you. Offer me the slim chance of "being lucky" - lol and I will just turn away and spend my money elsewhere.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Please understand that a lack of response doesn't mean that you are not being listened to. Sometimes it isn't appropriate to feedback as it may influence how an event plays out, in the same way that we try to avoid confirming in advance Daily Specials or upcoming Grand Prizes as it would influence behaviour in the way stars are spent with that knowledge.

This does not mean that your feedback is not hugely valued, and as I've said before, I regularly feed back on all of the comments in the feedback threads, it's just sometimes I don't have answers for you.

DeletedUser10282

Please understand that a lack of response doesn't mean that you are not being listened to. Sometimes it isn't appropriate to feedback as it may influence how an event plays out, in the same way that we try to avoid confirming in advance Daily Specials or upcoming Grand Prizes as it would influence behaviour in the way stars are spent with that knowledge.

This does not mean that your feedback is not hugely valued, and as I've said before, I regularly feed back on all of the comments in the feedback threads, it's just sometimes I don't have answers for you.
I appreciate your response. With that said, I would hope we would get some feedback on our feedback at a later point then.

DeletedUser9936

i can't believe that you want us to pay for prizes we worked to win! ie,, the reindeer collection.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
i can't believe that you want us to pay for prizes we worked to win! ie,, the reindeer collection.
Always more, Always more, Always more ....

Reindeer are in addition you have them with the gifts of the day.
The gifts of the day are the way to the train.

Train + gifts of the day = very good event

6zeva9

Baronet

Does this mean that the Daily Specials will revert to 24 hours from the start of the Event when it goes live on the national servers. So that the players on the US servers do not get advance knowledge by harassing Asian and European players for the Daily Special before it is due to be revealed?

Last edited by a moderator:

Feanor II

Baronet
A little off-topic but an odd thought occurred to me. Inno has recaptured some of the Christmas magic of childhood for us all. Waiting to see if they'll fix the Event is like waiting to see what "Santa" brings. Maybe not exactly the same since Santa never charged us for it, but it's at least something. I can't remember the last time they had an Event with such a wide gap between what it is and what it could be. For both them and us.

Now we're just waiting to see if we all get a lump of coal or not. Presumably if they fix it, they'll do it by the end of the Event, so guess we gotta wait 8 days to find out.

DeletedUser8048

not impressed with this year's Winter event. The train is not worth going for, and especially annoying is getting all the reindeer and being expected to pay diamonds to collect the miscellaneous junk with a couple of good items mixed in. if the event and train looks the same when it's released to live servers, I will not be playing it. if some event quests get finished, it will only be because of the daily challenge or regular game play

Feanor II

Baronet
not impressed with this year's Winter event. The train is not worth going for, and especially annoying is getting all the reindeer and being expected to pay diamonds to collect the miscellaneous junk with a couple of good items mixed in. if the event and train looks the same when it's released to live servers, I will not be playing it. if some event quests get finished, it will only be because of the daily challenge or regular game play

I'll play it (the Train by itself is a decent Event building), but I certainly won't be spending any diamonds on it if it goes live without being fixed.

This Event is so close to being not just good, but great...if they would just fix the Cars and make the Reindeer package worth buying.

Last edited: