• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Ongoing Changelog w/c 4th November

DEXTER1

Merchant
can we stop ?

it is not released on beta yet
but will be released on live servers with update 1.65
What do you mean "we"? Why did you write about this if you wanted to stop?

It _must_ have been released on beta since the beta version is 1.166.e5b355ce919 already.

Reference for changes happened in 1.165. Thus in 1.166 all of them must have been there.
Reference for the live changes in 1.165.

Gosh...
CM asked some time ago if they should stop posting the changelogs here because they are those from live servers and only for freaking reference here.
Users said yes, please post them.

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
It is possible that something that was not in our release on Beta can be added to the live releases. I am sorry that this is causing confusion, but it wasn't included in the beta release of that version number.

DeletedUser10047

An adult that typed in the correct amount to lock the position would find the amount rejected, if a different adult did the same just before. It's actually safer. Two adults trying to lock the same position = too many FPs, and so the last one to try and add would be rejected and have spent nothing at all.
Not always. If there are 600 FPs left to level, and a spot can be locked with 300 FPs, two players can both enter 300. Neither one is "too many FPs".

hujjik

Squire
When visiting a Friend's Tavern from toolbar, the Tavern Window is now only shown when the Tavern is full. This is good function for faster visiting, but lacks feedback. Can you add a flying icon (like a chair)?

DeletedUser10047

When visiting a Friend's Tavern from toolbar, the Tavern Window is now only shown when the Tavern is full. This is good function for faster visiting, but lacks feedback. Can you add a flying icon (like a chair)?
There is feedback in that the empty chair with arrow icon changes to a chair with clock icon.

LordVaderIII

Marquis
I like that we can now choose the amount of FPs we're going to donate to a GB but I think the default number should probably be the number of FPs left for the current level:

fp.jpg

I would think the number in the box should be 45 here and you wouldn't be able to change it to a number higher than 45.

Artubar

Baronet
I like that we can now choose the amount of FPs we're going to donate to a GB but I think the default number should probably be the number of FPs left for the current level: ...
I think it's perfect the way it is, having the amount of FPs in the bar prefilled - so it's the same as it was was for the last few years.
(And normally, only 1/6 [or less, in case of old school chains] of all donations should level the LB. You don't want a dozen players leveling your LBs before time when they just want to use their bar FPs the way they'e used to..)

As for the notification announcement: It's really uncommon to have the announcement, but not the feature, especially when the feature is planned to be released on next week's update, and we didn't have any chance to test it yet ?!??
As for the feature - I'd love to have all [app] notifications in the browser, too - the announcement says nothing about "tavern full", "FP bar full", "trade accepted" and so on.

In general, I'm quite happy to get three great new features / changes (FP amount input, faster tavern visits and locking/ hiding items away from the AD) - but why do they come so fast this time, without some more testing or polishing? The same goes for the Battlegrounds..

Some more feedback on those features:
  • locking items only works on the main page of the inventory, not on the item or building pages
  • hiding items from within the AD item picker would be great, too - a little square padlock icon next to the "Sell" button, so that you don't have to leave the item picker, the AD, open the inventory, search for the item, lock it, close inventory, open AD, switch to the barter tab and select a slot again..

• More desktop notifications would be fine, see above

• the FP selection box could use some graphical polishing so that it blends better with the LB window; the enter key should work for "use"ing the FPs, having to switch back to the mouse to actually donate the FPs is not intuitive.
  • there's plenty of room below the three buttons, you could easily add some (more) preset buttons there - e.g. 50, 100, [amount to fill LB]

sirblu

Baronet
The only fault I have with the new enter your own FP is that the max number you can enter is either the amount left to complete the level or the max amount you have in your FP bar. The button doesn't work for inventory FPs. It should be changed so that you can enter 1) The maximum of the amount to complete the level OR 2) A combination of FP bar and Stock FPs.

Otherwise, after you contribute your FP bar, you are back to clicking 1 and 10 use buttons. If we are not able to use our stock FPs threw the enter your own number button, then I would rather see a 50 FP button.
It DOES work for your inventory - If you have 10 on your FP Bar and 30 in inventory and you enter 20 - it will first take the 10 from your FP bar and then 10 from your inventory. It is a GREAT improvement INNO!!

housemouse

Squire
So my conclusion after the first days. Great. Do not let anything else tell you.
Those who want to be careful can still donate in stages or divide large amounts into smaller amounts.
Also, the chateau is not useless. The only question is how to use this feature. No more and no less.

Finally ... FP entering possible ... but so amateurish in design!!!!
My criticism:
1. The field is really ugly
2. The field is prefilled either with a 0 or the current bars full number
3. No confirmtion is needed. MIstankingly entered numbers (because of prefilling or typing errors) are directly accepted
4. Feature is only available for GBs and not for researching

My expectaions were:
1. Pop up window in a nicer design
2. No prefillings
3. Confirmation of FPs to be added
4. Feature should be available in the Research, too
5. There should be an option for buying FPs against coins in the same window. One cannot buy more than 10 FP! So you have to leave the window for buying FPs and move to the preferred GB to enter 10 FP. Having billions of coins from a certain point in the game you get really tired 1 click, one FP 10 times, click 3 times at least to move to the GB window clicking again 3 times or more to add 10 FP....
6. Feature is not available for researching

So, yes... finally but why not thinking with the users eye

Artubar

Baronet
2. No prefillings
3. Confirmation of FPs to be added
ad 2: Why not? Everybod is used to the "use your FP bar" at that location, so it's perfect that it is still there in a slightly altered form; and since the the number vanishes* as soon as you click on it, you don't have any additional work (e.g. pressing delete) compared to an empty field.
*when it is fixed and the zero is gone, too

ad 3: In case a confirmation is being added, it should be optional (like the diamond spending prompt). Based on my almost 5 years of playing FoE, the majority hates excessive clicking and rather wants to be quick than careful. But everybody should decide on himself.
So, yes... finally but why not thinking with the users eye
And you should also "think" with another user's eye from time to time ;)

Last edited:

Artubar

Baronet
Fixed an issue where the sounds were stored while the tab was inactive and loudly played back at the same time.
Has the issue of 8 Medusas (or other first strike units) thundering at eight times the normal volume at the beginning of a battle being addressed with this fix, too..?

sirblu

Baronet
EdenPrince said:
The only fault I have with the new enter your own FP is that the max number you can enter is either the amount left to complete the level or the max amount you have in your FP bar. The button doesn't work for inventory FPs. It should be changed so that you can enter 1) The maximum of the amount to complete the level OR 2) A combination of FP bar and Stock FPs.

Otherwise, after you contribute your FP bar, you are back to clicking 1 and 10 use buttons. If we are not able to use our stock FPs threw the enter your own number button, then I would rather see a 50 FP button.

It DOES work for your inventory - If you have 10 on your FP Bar and 30 in inventory and you enter 20 - it will first take the 10 from your FP bar and then 10 from your inventory. It is a GREAT improvement INNO!!

I just tried it again and no matter how many different ways you teat this FP Bar it WORKS LIKE A DREAM!!! I LOVE this change!!
Thank you so much again INNO - And more big slobbery kisses are coming your way!! :p

ad 2: Why not? Everybod is used to the "use your FP bar" at that location, so it's perfect that it is still there in a slightly altered form; and since the the number vanishes* as soon as you click on it, you don't have any additional work (e.g. pressing delete) compared to an empty field.
*when it is fixed and the zero is gone, too
The place was not critiziced. I talked about the design... Place is OK
The number is not vanishing... A 0 pops up. You either need to delete the 0 or override it. Anyhow an intervention is needed anyhow. Again the field is not empty when clicking on it

ad 3: Yes good idea... If you are free to choose a confirmation then I am fine.

And because I think with a users eye I understand that mistakes can be done...... Nobody is free of making mistakes

DeletedUser9685

From my point of view, a prefilling with the FPs of the bar is fine, but as soon as you click directly on the gray box, this number should be deleted.

Furthermore, it seems important that no „0“ is introduced. It happened to me several times that the zero was at the end. When entering additional figures, the amount in the box became too large and then self-adjusted to the maximum FPs which could be donated, i.e. I had to reenter the whole amount. Further, if you place the cursor to the right of the zero „0“ stays at the beginning, which is a bit confusing.

Thus, please, remove „0“ (or any other number) when clicking on the gray box.