• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

DeletedUser9396

I did not want to complain about GBG. I actually have liked it, and hailed it in my main world guild. I have played it much more than GvG on any world.

But these latest reward "tweaks" have freaked me out. Getting fps while helping the guild was a masterful combination of GE incentives with GvG action. That hooked me on GBG -- it was fantastic.

Then some people in this forum probably nagged for more rewards. When the devs broadened the rewards the first time, I was disappointed a little. But not everyone loves fps -- so that was okay.

But I just got four straight FRAGMENTS of a 150+ fragment building, and NOT AN F'ing other reward in sight. Hell no. I will not play GBG all out for these measly scrap-pile fragments. No. If I do a few battles a day to help my guild, I will spit on every one of these fragments. But you can forget the idea of me playing as many battles and negs as I fought before today.

Not until these fragments are relegated to their end of GBG round status. There at least you get them by the dozens or more.

And while I am here -- the algorithms that determine which guilds meet each round are pathetic, at least here on Beta, where stratification by color leagues has meant we have seen almost the same guilds round after round. Might work in the live servers, assuming cross-world islands. But pathetic and boring here.

Julian24

Viceroy
When the devs broadened the rewards the first time, I was disappointed a little. But not everyone loves fps -- so that was okay.
They added other rewards, yes. But they also increased the chance to get rewards, so you don't get less FPs.

Hell no. I will not play GBG all out for these measly scrap-pile fragments. No.
You expect to get the main final reward of a newly implemented feature after a few weeks?

And while I am here -- the algorithms that determine which guilds meet each round are pathetic, at least here on Beta, where stratification by color leagues has meant we have seen almost the same guilds round after round. Might work in the live servers, assuming cross-world islands. But pathetic and boring here
If your guild and other guilds perform roughly the same, you will fight against them again.

DeletedUser9396

They added other rewards, yes. But they also increased the chance to get rewards, so you don't get less FPs.
Not my experience today, not at all. Nine battles -- four fragments.

You expect to get the main final reward of a newly implemented feature after a few weeks?
Not even remotely my point.

If your guild and other guilds perform roughly the same, you will fight against them again.
That is so obviously an unnecessary result -- we get plenty of variety in GE opponents. And we are consistently top-performing, if that even matters.

CrashBoom

Legend
50% of the rewards are fragments
and other new rewards

so did they increase the chance to get rewards by multiplying it with at least 3 ?

hmm yes the 'droprate' of those fragments are a bit high
i did 100 encounters (negotation and fights) and got 30 fragments,
11 days has one season
330 fragments
+ final reward

that are more than 2 levels

LastWarrior

Regent
We are now receiving fragments when battling in GbG for the Statue of Honour.
This is great but is it for all leagues?
THX
Warrior

DeletedUser9396

11 days has one season
330 fragments
+ final reward

that are more than 2 levels
So do you think this is some attempt to appease players who were not earning one of these fast enough? (Looks over at his 1st-level statue.) I could care less how long it takes to build -- the idea is that we play this forever. Not fill our cities with these things!

podkap1970

Emperor
well not sure if everyone gets that many fragments, its random? :)
but in my guild they all wrote, they get plenty of fragments

podkap1970

Emperor
the idea is that we play this forever. Not fill our cities with these things!
hahaha! this is very true

even i still don't like the stats on it, i want the goods not the guild, higher era (more high lvl Arcs) have plenty of those goods in their guild treasury

CrashBoom

Legend
well not sure if everyone gets that many fragments, its random? :)
but in my guild they all wrote, they get plenty of fragments
50% of the rewards are fragments

that is officially announced
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/guild-battlegrounds.38274/

You can obtain immediate (Goods, Attacker boosts, Units, FP and Diamonds), temporary (Prestige) and permanent rewards (Guild Power and Battleground Statue Fragments).
50% of the time, this reward will be one fragment for the Statue of Honor Selection kit.

DeletedUser9396

thank you crashboom. i hope the change is reversed before gbg goes live -- more than 50% of my rewards were frags. i went back to help my guild take a sector, and i got 2 frags for every other reward. that's still pathetic in my book.

DeletedUser9523

Just to clarify:
The fragments are coming in addition to what has been there before!
The chance to get a reward has been doubled, and 50% of the time it's now a fragment. So the output of FP, diamonds etc. stayed roughly the same as in the previous season.

DeletedUser9396

Hmmm. Thank you, Envoy... I might have had a higher frequency of rewards. 15 in 33 wins. But I had many nights with more than 50% rewards in the first GBG iteration. That said, I appreciate the reply. And I will keep my eye on the stats.

CrashBoom

Legend
Just to clarify:
The fragments are coming in addition to what has been there before!
The chance to get a reward has been doubled, and 50% of the time it's now a fragment. So the output of FP, diamonds etc. stayed roughly the same as in the previous season.
but FP decreases

even if you double it and 50% are fragments

and the rest in total comes as often as before

because also boosts, prestige, power are added

and you can't add anything to the other half without decreasing the things that are already available

so if you don't decrease the things we already got last season you would have to increase it to more than double

DeletedUser9523

and you can't add anything to the other half without decreasing the things that are already available

That's why I said "roughly the same as before". ;)
The only thing that we added to the other "half" (the non-fragment 50% of the rewards) is a small chance to get the attacker boosts.
To make up for it, the distribution of goods and units has been changed.
Before, when you found goods in the diamond league, it would be 10 goods (50% of the time) or 50 goods (50% of the time).
This has now changed, so the chance to find goods at all is a bit lower, but the chance to find the 50-goods-package is higher (in diamond league, you will only get the 50-goods-package, the 10-goods-package was removed, for instance).

The chance to find FP has been minimally decreased, and the chance to find diamonds has been minimally increased.

That's why the overall output of the old rewards should feel pretty much the same as last season, with the main change being that you get fragments for the Statue of Honor in addition.

CrashBoom

Legend
I think the player ranking in GBG is a little bit unfair

it should be based the attrition a player generates

reason is simply
with the buildings some players don't get attrition increase. can make many battles easy and have a high fight number
another player is attacking a different sectors where one battle can get 2 attrition. he can make less fights which are also more difficult