• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

DeletedUser10057

Thanks for all the feedback so far. It is regularly passed on.

Out of interest from your comments (and these are purely my questions before anyone reads anything into it ;)) I'd like to get some further feedback on the points below:
1. The Shuffle function- if it was separate, what would be the cost to shuffle? Diamonds? Stars? Should there be a limit to the number of shuffles allowed daily? How would you envisage a separate shuffle function?
2. The Reindeer - Some of you have suggested there should be the opportunity to shuffle out a Reindeer. Would you envisage this to be random? Whilst many of you have expressed unhappiness for this feature would it be of interest if the cost was on a sliding scale, or is there a price point where it would become more agreeable?

1 no need for separete, what is need is that the shufle when is found not be automatic and have a button to use when we want
2 in the reindder it would be good if we could discard the prizes we don´t like, giving space to have new prizes if we found more reindeers ( having like this the chance of doing a better deal), in the question of the price as someone say before we need to buy a 40euro package to have enough diamonds for the reindeer maybe if the reindeer could be bought with the 20euro package that would be more agreeable

DeletedUser10057

there is only 5 upgrades in the big prize before we win a new level 1 train, is this a bug or intencional???

DeletedUser8743

so when you do collect 9 reindeer you still have to pay 2995 diamonds, i think this was suppose to be a free to play game, come on INNO games, you are ripping of people, you can't take it to the live servers this way,
FREE TO PLAY GAME, that is what you advertise
Diamonds can be gotten for free. You don't have to buy them. If you don't like the reindeer prize, you don't have to buy it.

Borowski

Squire
You really still have to pay diamonds for the reindeer deal if you have all 9 reindeers collected?
would make more sense to pay if you want to have a prize before. but if you collect 9, could pick one for free.
so everything would be finde for me like this.

DeletedUser9396

Okay -- thought of the ultimate reindeer prizes: military units, goods, cultural buildings, etc, from the age above you, the one you are story-quest road-blocked from.

Sure, you can age up. But if you want to be the Foe Peter Pan, then pony up, er, reindeer up the diamonds to get the magic roadblock pass.

DeletedUser9570

Diamonds can be gotten for free. You don't have to buy them. If you don't like the reindeer prize, you don't have to buy it.
yeah but you don't get a lot of diamonds for free. 3000 diamonds for the reward, that's slyly put just ABOVE the 2550 diamonds pack for 20 Euros so that you'll have to buy another pack.

Paprikant

Farmer
Dobrý deň, chcem vás požiadať, aby ste prispôsobiť vagónoch sa nechať vyzdvihnúť, alebo ak to nie je možné pridať viac Forge body bonus ako 2 najmenej 3 alebo 4 moc nebude, ale 2 kováčske body boli spôsobené zvyšujúce sa náklady na úrovni až veľké budovy. Vlak by bolo dobré a pohodlné budovy vzhľadom k jeho rozmery 7x3 a vzhľad je pekný dizajn.

Zhrnutie: pridať bonus vo výške 2 krát, čo je teraz na vagónov
pretože vozidlá neprodukujú kolekciu.

Julian24

Viceroy
Dobrý deň, chcem vás požiadať, aby ste prispôsobiť vagónoch sa nechať vyzdvihnúť, alebo ak to nie je možné pridať viac Forge body bonus ako 2 najmenej 3 alebo 4 moc nebude, ale 2 kováčske body boli spôsobené zvyšujúce sa náklady na úrovni až veľké budovy. Vlak by bolo dobré a pohodlné budovy vzhľadom k jeho rozmery 7x3 a vzhľad je pekný dizajn.

Zhrnutie: pridať bonus vo výške 2 krát, čo je teraz na vagónov
pretože vozidlá neprodukujú kolekciu.
And now English please.

Paprikant

Farmer
Hello, I want to ask you to customize the wagons so they can pick up production, or if that's not possible then add more forge points bonus because 2 points are already low due to the high cost levels of Greats buildings .Add to wagon 4 forge points. The train would be a good building to the city due to its size 7x3 and the look is a nice design. It would be cool except for his bonus that is lousy.

Summary: add a bonus of 2 times, which is now on wagons
because vehicles do not produce production.

DeletedUser9980

Q1) So... here’s the big question. If the base train you get is 8 FP, and you add a 2 FP car to it, does the BASE train become 10 FP as a single collection (because they’re fused), or does it remain as 2 collections, totaling 10 FP???

Q2) Let’s say you take the 8FP train, add 20, 2 FP cars.
You now have a 48 FP unit, fused together?
What happens when you Blue Galaxy that? 96? Or 16 (the basic 8).

The Lady Ann

Baronet
can answer the 1st question the train and cars are 1 collection regardless of how many parts you have

don't know about blue galaxy, I would imagine because it's 1 collection it's the 96

Feanor II

Baronet

Out of interest from your comments (and these are purely my questions before anyone reads anything into it ;)) I'd like to get some further feedback on the points below:
1. The Shuffle function- if it was separate, what would be the cost to shuffle? Diamonds? Stars? Should there be a limit to the number of shuffles allowed daily? How would you envisage a separate shuffle function?
2. The Reindeer - Some of you have suggested there should be the opportunity to shuffle out a Reindeer. Would you envisage this to be random? Whilst many of you have expressed unhappiness for this feature would it be of interest if the cost was on a sliding scale, or is there a price point where it would become more agreeable?

1. I would remove it from the gift array and have manual options to shuffle it for either 200 diamonds or 20 stars (you're selling diamonds for stars at a best-package rate of 10.5 diamonds/star, so slight discount for people willing to pay diamonds).
2. You're offering 9 prizes for 2995 diamonds (332 diamonds/prize), so instead make it a one-at-a-time offer of a prize for 400-500 diamonds (slight markup in exchange for doing them one at a time). Instead of the reindeer filling the prize array, they allow the player to cycle in a new random prize. If you run out of reindeer you can do it instead for 50-100 diamonds. Also dump the filler prizes. Make the rotating prizes just be the three Train Cars, maybe Winter Village Selection Kit, Sleigh Builder, etc. to keep the Winter theme. But people aren't going to give you money for nonsense. Give them an opportunity to get a whole bunch of Cars and watch people burn diamonds like crazy trying to build the longest train possible. Especially if...

...THE CARS GET FIXED!! THIS is the biggest problem of the Event! The Freight and Dining Cars are out of alignment with other options in terms of the benefit provided against the space they take up, taking into account the need to be coupled to the train and the lack of road requirement, the latter two of which largely cancel each other out. You can't expect people to spend money for the privilege of turning gold into silver (metaphorically speaking)! This is Inno's giant blind spot IMO, not just in this but overall (this is just the latest example of it). They don't play their own game, so they don't understand that now that expansions have almost completely stopped, anything new that goes in has to replace something that's already there, so the thing going in has to be at the very least equal to the thing coming out. The Sleeping Car is very fair, but they screwed up the Freight and Dining Cars and haven't fixed them. Whether people spend diamonds or not when it goes live is largely going to depend on whether or not they make them worth buying.

No one is going to replace Sleigh Builders with Freight Cars, and no one's going to replace Checkmate Squares/Botanical Rotundas with Dining Cars. These have to be corrected if you want people to buy them!

Event Buildings:
SA:M Royal Marble Gateway: 7% atk/6 squares (1.17% atk/sq)
SA:M Altar of Artemis: 7% atk/6 squares (1.17% atk/sq)
SA:M Checkmate Square: 10% atk/9 squares (1.11 atk/sq)
SA:M Botanical Rotunda: 10% atk/9 squares (1.11 atk/sq)
SA:M Appleton Cottage: 13% atk/12 squares (1.083 atk/sq)
SA:M Abandoned Asylum: 24% atk/25 squares (.96% atk/sq)
SA:M Colossus: 15% atk/16 squares (.9375% atk/sq)
SA:M Carousel: 8% atk/9 squares (.88% atk/sq)
SA:M Dining Car: 4% atk/6 squares (.67 atk/sq)

In sets:
SA:M Sakura Rock Lv.2: 10%/6 squares (1.67 atk/sq)
SA:M Piazza Clock Tower Lv.2: 9%/6 squares (1.5 atk/sq)
SA:M Piazza Clock Tower Lv.1: 7%/6 squares (1.17 atk/sq)
SA:M Sakura Rock Lv.1: 5%/6 squares (.83 atk/sq)
SA:M Dining Car: 4% atk/6 squares (.67 atk/sq)

See the problem? :)

If you want to sell them, make the Dining Cars the same 7%/6 squares as the Royal Marble Gateway or Altar of Artemis (1.17). At least bring it up to 6%/6 (1.00). The Appleton Cottage was in line with its contemporaries, and I spent a decent chunk of change on that event.

Last edited:

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator

I can't respond to 1 really as I love the current shuffle interaction. It gives the event a different flavor and I mostly view shuffle-rage as a demand for more stuff (which presumably would not happen, it'd just become more consistent for the same or higher average cost (aka boring)).

2 though: The current main issue with the reindeer is if you get your 9 and go 'i don't want to spend 3k diamonds on that' that's it, you're done. I would find acceptable ANY of the following:
- 1) the option to dump the whole fleet of reindeer and try for an entirely different set (wasn't going to buy that set anyways)
- 2) that reindeer after the 9th replace a random reindeer. After all if I was willing to buy the first 9 as what they were I'd have done it; random replacements might make it worse (but I wasn't going to buy it anyways), but might make it better too (maybe I will after all).
- 3) the option to dump specific reindeer one at a time and see what replacement comes up next daily special. This is the most appealing option but I don't know if it'd fit with the economy for the event.

Regarding the price-point, if it remains as is where you have to buy the first 9 you get, it'd have to be much lower. Seeing as it already took dumping a ton of stars to fill it up in the first place (about 600-800 or so; several thousand diamonds worth) I'd think somewhere around 1k diamonds would be enough to be appealing to people who (likely) want just one thing from it to supplement what they were already dumping diamonds into more stars for.

DeletedUser4409

Since I really don't feel like reading seventeen pages, I hope nobody will mind me asking a question. Has anyone already found out how do cars behave when properly aligned between two trains?

DeletedUser10047

Since I really don't feel like reading seventeen pages, I hope nobody will mind me asking a question. Has anyone already found out how do cars behave when properly aligned between two trains?
I haven't tested it, but I have read that cars must be attached to the back of the train to be of any effect.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy

1. I'd agree with others that the shuffle should cost 20 stars. That's the same as 2 presents, which means you honestly have to consider whether you want anything else before you click shuffle.

2. As for the reindeer, I think that it should be just one price like it is, but maybe lowered to 2499 diamonds or even better 1999 diamonds. I know that, unless there is something really good in the reindeer prizes, I wouldn't pay 3k diamonds to get it (no matter how good), but I'd consider 2.5k or 2k. Also, I think that there should be a random shuffle of the reindeer where you select a square to shuffle, and it costs you a reindeer to get a new prize. If it became a problem that this was happening too often and players were getting too many good prizes too easily, then it could be increased to 2 reindeer (or maybe it increases like GE medals so you pay 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, etc. to swap prizes. This count would refresh when you buy the set.)

The Lady Ann

Baronet
ISSUE

for today's special I have a picture of a dining car, thought ohh they changed the time of change over to server time (the way it should be) but on opening presents I get a winter village selection kit, which was yesterdays daily special and I didn't open presents yesterday as I didn't want that!! I also got a reindeer with the village selection so it's still the daily special

DeletedUser8766

BUG?
i won the Dinner Car but i got a Winter selection...
675d538069b058542475235ad43d79b5-full.png

i cannot post on the "bug - testing and reporting" forum cause i haven't privilege...what i can do?

https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/bugs-testing-and-reporting.80/