• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Winter Event 2019

DeletedUser9266

Question, will the winter event be available on the beta for mobile users?

DeletedUser9266

I guess the deal sort of makes sense. Its like buying a drink at a convenient store for 3 gold, or going to a bulk store and buying the same said drink in bulk for the same amount.
You get 9 items for the price of 2995 or you can purchase 1 for 2995, 2 for 2995, 3 for 2995...ect till 9 for 2995. Just needs a better explanation. Also each item almost translates to 333 diamonds if you collect all 9 reindeers

DeletedUser10282

The cost would be free, as it was in the Summer event, you could reset the wheel free of charge whenever you want.
No limit on the shuffles as it was in the Summer event.
There was a button on the wheel of the summer event that Said "Refresh & Spin", imagine the same button it will just say Shuffle, after which the board will be reset with new presents all closed.

Regards

The other difference between the Summer and Winter events that must be discussed here was there was no Daily Special in the Summer event. When a gold prize appeared on the wheel you did not care for, you had the option to refresh and spin to try and get a prize on the wheel you wanted. When such a prize showed up, you would stop refreshing and just spin.

Because there is a Daily special in the winter event, I think it would not be inappropriate for Stars should be charged if the shuffle was used. imagine if you recover a daily special as the 2nd or 3rd present you open, then using the shuffle to reset everything will save you from spending many stars from opening presents you know won’t have the daily.

DeletedUser10047

The other difference between the Summer and Winter events that must be discussed here was there was no Daily Special in the Summer event. When a gold prize appeared on the wheel you did not care for, you had the option to refresh and spin to try and get a prize on the wheel you wanted. When such a prize showed up, you would stop refreshing and just spin.
Just to add to the differences:

There was never a guarantee you would get the gold prize from the wheel. Someone else might get it, or the wheel could get refreshed. Also, you might have had to refresh the wheel several times before the gold prize was something you wanted (and each refresh cost event currency). A lot of differences in the dynamics between the two events, so comparisons are not very relevant.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
1. The Shuffle function-
this function is already improved compared to other years: after having a lot I wait the next day, the mix is done without having opened more boxes and I have 2 times this lot.
I had 2 sleeping car with few stars, it was impossible before.
Yet I have always had many good gifts at winter events.
once you have the chance, once bad luck, in the end this event is still very profitable.

DeletedUser6645

If the ninth upgrade you get after all the quests then the eight upgrade comes from the grand prizes. The order of the grand prize and the second train lvl 1 is out of order. I'm getting a new train before I can complete 1 train of 9 levels?

DeletedUser10047

If the ninth upgrade you get after all the quests then the eight upgrade comes from the grand prizes. The order of the grand prize and the second train lvl 1 is out of order. I'm getting a new train before I can complete 1 train of 9 levels?
The first level 1 comes from the quests. To get it to level 9 requires 8 upgrades. There are 2 upgrades that come from the quests. The Grand Prizes give 6 more upgrades before the next level 1 is obtained. Therefore, the order seems correct.

DeletedUser9396

Question, will the winter event be available on the beta for mobile users?

Mobile versions of beta events come out very late, always. That means if you have not started the event yet, you have lost a lot of time. Mobile versions on the live servers come out the same day as the browser event. But you will always be waiting and losing time for mobile beta events.

DeletedUser6645

Well count again dontwannaname, that is 5! not 6 more upgrades from the grand prizes.

My next prize is a new train lvl1. The one I have in my city is level 7 and I'm up to date on the daily quests. So lvl 1 train and 1 upgrade from the quests plus 5 upgrades from the grand prizes gives me a level 7.

The first level 1 comes from the quests. To get it to level 9 requires 8 upgrades. There are 2 upgrades that come from the quests. The Grand Prizes give 6 more upgrades before the next level 1 is obtained. Therefore, the order seems correct.

Can any other player confirm?

DeletedUser10047

Well count again dontwannaname, that is 5! not 6 more upgrades from the grand prizes.

My next prize is a new train lvl1. The one I have in my city is level 7 and I'm up to date on the daily quests. So lvl 1 train and 1 upgrade from the quests plus 5 upgrades from the grand prizes gives me a level 7.
My apologies. I was stuck on Halloween. Your conclusion was correct.

ShadowKing

Farmer
so when you do collect 9 reindeer you still have to pay 2995 diamonds, i think this was suppose to be a free to play game, come on INNO games, you are ripping of people, you can't take it to the live servers this way,
FREE TO PLAY GAME, that is what you advertise

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
i think this was suppose to be a free to play game
And again... not only it is free to play, you also get a free lvl 9 Train on top...
The reindeer deal is only for diamond spenders - and that is OK! Besides it beeing quite overprized I do not have any complaints about it.

The way it currently is, it is most suited to low amount diamond spenders that just started a world - only in that case you can make use of most of the offered items. Big spenders I would still advice to spend their diamonds only on getting more grand prizes.

For 3k Diamonds you get about 300 stars which is about 3 grand prizes. 3 grand prizes are 1 or 2 upgrades and two or one other prizes. I am still of the impression that you can get maximum one upgrade per reindeer deal - that means if you are only interested in train upgrades it is way more efficient to go for grand prizes...

DeletedUser9396

So, here is a different way to go with the train -- let the train be a feature on the scale of the reindeer on the map, and let it run around the city in loops. Collect the train, no matter how long you can build it, at a single station that is built on say a 3x3, 4x4, or 5x5 block of city, perhaps that has to be placed on the city's outskirts to enable the train.

Not only would that address all the people who hate a massive horizontal line across their city, something that admittedly would require a lot of city redesign. But it also addresses the issue that not all cities have a longest line drawn in that particular direction. My city on Angkor is quite long, thank you very much, but I run perpendicular to this train orientation. While I could accommodate a train that runs from the SE ocean all the way to the NW mountains, your train would necessarily be much shorter in that city.

Is it very different from what you are preparing to launch, Inno? Yes. Is it very much better? Hell yeah. The train feature I describe could run on its own around the city periphery at random times. Or around the map periphery if that is easier to code. And it could run when collected, etc, Have a snow plow on it when the snow falls, etc. And again, be a much better complement to the city than long logs that reward some cities more than others.

DeletedUser9396

And I would like to thank the Devs, in case they are watching this thread, for having given us the ability to add as many FPs as we like when adding to GBs. That's not an event feature, but it sure feels like golden-wrapped present to me!

Borowski

Squire
Did you forget to restart the presents table today?
got one shrine this morning (which was the last daily prize).
after change of the daily prize - now watchfire - the table shows me, I already got the watchfire (no "start" here)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Did you forget to restart the presents table today?
got one shrine this morning (which was the last daily prize).
after change of the daily prize - now watchfire - the table shows me, I already got the watchfire (no "start" here)

Presents get reset at midnight and DS gets changed in 24h rhythm after Event start... apparently that is intended behavior (I asked in the beginning already)

So your already uncovered Daily special was just updated - all OK

DeletedUser10335

I have run out of quests for the event. I understand about curbing the quests but there are 20 days left and I'm waiting for more chances to get stars.

podkap1970

Emperor
so you can motivate or polish? the Winter Train, is this still a bug ?, or intended, because the effect is Zero ?

Edit ok the coins have doubled,
but is this intended, to get motivated ? and if not motivated, can you plunder it?

Last edited: