• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

RoCoJo

Merchant
The matchmaking system tries to build a reasonable platinum battleground and only found two guilds. Showing every individual action would bloat the event log fairly quickly and would make it hard to look up top-level information.
There are some ideas though to give guild leaders (and officers) more control / direction over what their guild would do.

Momentarily I try a little bit to act as a BG-leader in our Guild. It is rather frustrating not to know who placed a flag in a new sector (against my 'orders'). I guess/hope that on the real worlds our members will be more obediently but I guess a log per sector would be very recommendable to approach those who are not ;).
This could be a log per sector
- a small log : who placed the flag
or
- a bigger log: who placed the flag and the contributors for the latest n fights
or even
- an extensive log : who placed the flag and the contributors for all the fights

Furthermore it would be very helpfull if the BG-leader/all could see who contributed (Already present) but also how much each guild member did that day since the attrition was reset. This way a BG leader can more easily approach the members who might be capable for some fights. I guess this can be easily shown as a new column in the cirrent overview

podkap1970

Emperor
or let us (the leader?) delete the missplaced flag (even we do not have that problem anymore, more or less :) ) like the sieges in GvG

or let us lock the attack/sector somehow, i guess thats harder to implement

sirblu

Baronet
Do you mean the number in the Victory Points column is the same over the last three hours? or the number in the VP/Hour column is the same?
Both - The Victory points did change overnight some time but I gave up and wen to bed so I don't know when it changed.
I guess my actual question is How are the Victory Points calculated? I get how the VP/hr are obtained because those are the points the sectors are worth once they are conquered + any banners, bonuses etc. But they does not seem to be any correlation between those and the total Victory Points.

sirblu

Baronet
Hourly points come from the sectors you hold. The negotiations you do don't count until you take the province.

The provinces you hold determing your "VP/hr"

Every Hour "Victory Points" = "Victory Points" + "VP/hr".

"Victory Points" determines your ranking.

So in your screenshot, your guild holds more land than the 4th place guild and is closing in on them. In about 6 more hours assuming no map changes you should overtake them (you're 800 points behind but are gaining 150 pts/hr more than them now).

Presumably at one point that 4th place guild held much more land, but has since lost it.
The 4th place Guild has never held more sectors - they have been that way since this battleground began

sirblu

Baronet
Hourly points come from the sectors you hold. The negotiations you do don't count until you take the province.

The provinces you hold determing your "VP/hr"

Every Hour "Victory Points" = "Victory Points" + "VP/hr".

"Victory Points" determines your ranking.

So in your screenshot, your guild holds more land than the 4th place guild and is closing in on them. In about 6 more hours assuming no map changes you should overtake them (you're 800 points behind but are gaining 150 pts/hr more than them now).

Presumably at one point that 4th place guild held much more land, but has since lost it.
This is exactly why I don't understand how the Victory points are calculated. The 4th place Guild was never ahead of us except on the Battleground Board.
How exactly are the Victory points Calculated? In your formula above (Every Hour "Victory Points" = "Victory Points" + "VP/hr") Where does the Victory Points come from?

Emm55

Merchant
I agree that we need more personal rewards to encourage participation. The random reward system that is in place now, doesn't achieve that. The random rewards make playing GBG more fun. But to entice participation, you need a large carrot for individual plalyers. I really like the idea of 25 or 50 fps/ 50 encounters. So, if I do 160 encounters/ battleground, I get 75 or 150 fps.

podkap1970

Emperor
I agree that we need more personal rewards to encourage participation. The random reward system that is in place now, doesn't achieve that. The random rewards make playing GBG more fun. But to entice participation, you need a large carrot for individual plalyers. I really like the idea of 25 or 50 fps/ 50 encounters. So, if I do 160 encounters/ battleground, I get 75 or 150 fps.
its a matter in which league you play, i think in platinum league you get already 150 FPs in 160 encounters (i would say even more)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
This is exactly why I don't understand how the Victory points are calculated. The 4th place Guild was never ahead of us except on the Battleground Board.
How exactly are the Victory points Calculated? In your formula above (Every Hour "Victory Points" = "Victory Points" + "VP/hr") Where does the Victory Points come from?

The original victory points are 0. They all come from VP/hour at some point - but your VP/hour can go *down* if you lose provinces you used to hold. If that 4th place guild was fast out of the gate at the start and ahead of you for a day or two. And then only a little behind you until recently where they're now significantly behind you, that'd explain things. Also possible is that the map is changing frequently and for parts of the day their VP/hour is higher and then someone takes back what they took. Unless you're watching all day long, you can't know for sure.

sirblu

Baronet
The original victory points are 0. They all come from VP/hour at some point - but your VP/hour can go *down* if you lose provinces you used to hold. If that 4th place guild was fast out of the gate at the start and ahead of you for a day or two. And then only a little behind you until recently where they're now significantly behind you, that'd explain things. Also possible is that the map is changing frequently and for parts of the day their VP/hour is higher and then someone takes back what they took. Unless you're watching all day long, you can't know for sure.
I have read every single one of these post from the very beginning and nowhere does it explain how the Victory points are calculated. So please look at the insert and tell me how this is possible that the 4th place guild now hold more sectors than any other guild EVER had yet our victory points are still not high enough to get out of 4th place. According to this, it does not matter how well you do, nor how many sectors you get during the 11 days. It only matters what you did on Day 1. And everything else is immaterial - Do I have it right now? The 1st place Guild never held 8 provinces. So why are they still in first place and why does the 4th place guild have such low Victory Points. HOW ARE VICTORY POINTS CALCULATED????????
GbG Leaderboard 2019-10-31_7-16-27.jpg

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I have read every single one of these post from the very beginning and nowhere does it explain how the Victory points are calculated. So please look at the insert and tell me how this is possible that the 4th place guild now hold more sectors than any other guild EVER had yet our victory points are still not high enough to get out of 4th place. According to this, it does not matter how well you do, nor how many sectors you get during the 11 days. It only matters what you did on Day 1. And everything else is immaterial - Do I have it right now? The 1st place Guild never held 8 provinces. So why are they still in first place and why does the 4th place guild have such low Victory Points. HOW ARE VICTORY POINTS CALCULATED????????
View attachment 4361

Because you've only held that many recently. You need to hold the sectors for a duration to gain victory points. You have the highest VP/hr from holding those 8 sectors and are therefore gaining ground on them, but you're not instantly 1st for that. Neither 'only what you did on day 1' nor 'only what you hold now' is true, rather it's how long you held any particular amount. It's not too late to overtake them :) If you wait a week to start chipping into your competition though, you are going to be in tough.

sirblu

Baronet
It's very simple. At the top of every hour (24 times a day), Victory Points in incremented by the value of VP/Hour.
Great Thanks for the answer. So I finally did get it right. It does not matter what you do on any of the 9 days following the first 2. only want yo do on the first 2. So if you get 4 high sectors on days 1 and 2 and then do very little while everyone else is working their tails off. You will never lose any Victory Points!
And no one else will ever over take you or gain any substantial victory points. Got it Geez Why bother with this tremendous drain on resources if you can never get anywhere.

DeletedUser10047

Great Thanks for the answer. So I finally did get it right. It does not matter what you do on any of the 9 days following the first 2. only want yo do on the first 2. So if you get 4 high sectors on days 1 and 2 and then do very little while everyone else is working their tails off. You will never lose any Victory Points!
And no one else will ever over take you or gain any substantial victory points. Got it Geez Why bother with this tremendous drain on resources if you can never get anywhere.
The two screenshots you posted contradict your assessment of the situation, as the guild MSG/SBD moved from 5th place to 4th place.

DeletedUser6873

Its only your mindset that make thinks like this work out at the and. After 4 hour you can conquer a conquered sector from another guild. You gain VP/h and they lost Vp/h so maybe your guild can catch up. If you see that a lots of guild want to conquer the higher Vp/H sectors at the middle of the map, it is better for your guild to take low Vp/h sectors at the edge of the map, because you will not lose them so fast. The same for buildings, there are a lots of strategically elements, how active (total progress of all guildmember) your guild and the other guilds in the battlegrounds are, influence how much value your decision will have.

DeletedUser10002

LOL we were 3rd for the first 3 days then we put our back into it and now we are first in the silver league 1247 vp/h, 160,000 vps
second is 123 vp/h 70,000 vps.

DeletedUser10318

A few suggestions from a beginner without any GBs and with limited goods:

I can negotiate a few times a day, because I need goods from previous age for the first few negotiations. The problem with attacking is that there are no troops from the previous age for the first few fights. GEs encourage low level players with an “easy” level 1. The bronze league should have the 1st attack of the day against troops from the previous age, 2nd attack of the day against a mixture of troops from 2 ages (GE level 2), and after that it should be like it is now.

Not everyone has time to spend an hour a day in the battleground, but everybody has time for a few minutes a day.

Inno can keep their beloved hidden MMR, but to make players happy they can put some statements into some battlegrounds like “a carrot on a stick”:

“The best 1 (or more) Guild(s) from this battleground will be promoted into a higher league” and/or “The worst 1 (or more) Guild(s) from this battleground may be demoted into a lower league”.

Inno will decide which battleground/s deserve that carrot according to existing MMRs of Guilds in that battleground.

Battleground leader-boards should clearly state minimum Guild effort for the collection of guild rewards.

jovada

Regent

Not true , even if you take very high provinces from the middle on day 1 you only shield them for 4 hours and then another guild can take them over. So you have to take them over and over and over again if your ambition is to hold first place

DeletedUser9666

I get you don´t like the idea, but why you need to post things you have absolutely no knowledge about besides your "feelings" is beyond me.

I do not appreciate the tone of your reply. Perhaps, next time you can ask me first, where my "knowledge" comes from before going straight to insulting me?

The point is, we need some sort of control of where we fight and when.

Who are "we"?

Controls on placing flags would make me totally give up on this new feature. It is likely, I would not be the only one. Do we need more players to give up on GBG?

If for some reason anybody finds themselves in a guild, where you can´t obtain that right, then I suggest they move to another guild.

IMO, They will not move if they made friends in their present guild. They will start ignore GBG instead. GBG is expensive (troops, goods), time consuming and now there would be also access restrictions?
Why bother playing it at all.

Your idea may appeal to those few hyper ambitious guild leaders but it also adds another reason for an average guild member to ignore GBG.

Guild leaders who couldn´t care less about GBG in terms of the competitivness can just hand out that right to EVERYBODY...

There is no need to put down guild leaders who want every guild member to enjoy GBG to the fullest and respect their guild members enough to allow players to think for themselves in terms of the best GBG strategy (and placing flags).
I played for some very competitive teams with this type of "democratic" attitude.

BeeVee

Squire
I think that it should be fair if the ranking is changed to: Total gained victory points divided by number of members in the guild.
Guilds with more members can do more battles/negotiations and automatically end up higher in the ranking