• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Do Not Suggest Suggestions for Unused Great Buildings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korvinusz

Merchant
Suggestions for Unused Great Buildings:

Notre Dame:
-> x percent chance that x pieces of rogue will switch to your team. Particularly useful in defense.
Level 10: Already 2 or 3 rogue could betray their master and join you. (You might lose some money automatically due to the bribe)
+ Supplies

Lotus Temple:
-> x percent chance that extra random units will appear in defense (from your era). At level 10, there could be up to two!
+ Happiness

Both of them, especially together, would lead the game to more skillful tactical combat. Instead of the current defense. Which capitulates immediately when rogue's appear on the battlefield.

I would recommend replacing existing buildings because they are useless to most of us anyway. That way, players from earlier eras could also defend more easily.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Sl8yer

Regent
No thank you. I prefer a blue team, not a red team.

Both of them, especially together, would lead the game to more skillful tactical combat. Instead of the current defense. Which capitulates immediately when rouge's appear on the battlefield.

Can you explain how it would lead to more skillfull tactical combat?

Will you put the units in your defense in in a smarter way?

Korvinusz

Merchant
The attacker needs more tactics. Not the defender. The attacker is active.

The defender can only choose between units. While an attacker can use different tactics. However, most people do not force themselves and they apply it: rogue takes everything.

It's not very creative, and it's based on lame AI, not their skill. It doesn't deserve too many rewards, but it's almost impossible to defend against it.

The above suggestions serve as a solution to this. Give the defender more options, as do the attacker with the Great Buildings.
As same the Kraken.. it work on the attack.

However, one of the proposed buildings can be useful in an attack too.

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I like the general idea (if limited to defense), but I feel that they both are pretty hard to scale

Notre Dame: "Double Agent"
Each time it triggers it changes the difference in number of units by 2 - so if 2 rogues switch sides, that would mean he defender has 4 units more than the attacker... although, would these rogues still be in between the attacker units when they switch sides or would they start of at the defense line?

Lotus Temple:
each (random) unit added effectively is a boost of about 12.5% in total health. Maybe instead of adding units the building could just boost the defending units health... but that would have the same problem with being not easy to scale... as a unit only has 10 HP, every value between 5% and 15% would increase health by 1...

Sl8yer

Regent
The attacker needs more tactics. Not the defender. The attacker is active.

The defender can only choose between units. While an attacker can use different tactics. However, most people do not force themselves and they apply it: rouge takes everything.

It's not very creative, and it's based on lame AI, not their skill. It doesn't deserve too many rewards, but it's almost impossible to defend against it.

The above suggestions serve as a solution to this. Give the defender more options, as do the attacker with the Great Buildings.
As same the Kraken.. it work on the attack.

However, one of the proposed buildings can be useful in an attack too.

If the attacker is active, why would he/she need more skills?

You make no sense at all. Red does not take anything. It is just a color.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
You make no sense at all. Red does not take anything. It is just a color.

You know quite well that he speaks of rogues... Also you are here long enough to know that it is against the forum rules to make fun of people's spelling or better misspellings...

Thunderdome

Emperor
It's almost the same aspect as the Virgo, except it would be one sided that will launch several complaints from attackers when attacking a city equipped with one, especially when a revenge is warranted.

I welcome a good fight and most of the times I would return the favor, but going to be damned if my troops are going to leave my side when I do.

So, basically, a no from me.

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I think colo could be improved (some kind of unit healing bonus, or like a poor man's traz, giving maybe 1 unit per 2 days, scaling to 4 troops at level 10).
Notre dame could use maybe a % boost to happiness (boosts all happiness in city by x%)

I don't know about Lotus.

Korvinusz

Merchant
It's almost the same aspect as the Virgo, except it would be one sided that will launch several complaints from attackers when attacking a city equipped with one, especially when a revenge is warranted.

I welcome a good fight and most of the times I would return the favor, but going to be damned if my troops are going to leave my side when I do.

So, basically, a no from me.

The rogue is not very effective at defending.
So if your town is attacked and you don't use rogues for revenge, it won't affect you.

And I think if somebody attacks another player, that should be a challenge. Don't beat everything with one combination.

Korvinusz

Merchant
I like the general idea (if limited to defense), but I feel that they both are pretty hard to scale

Notre Dame: "Double Agent"
Each time it triggers it changes the difference in number of units by 2 - so if 2 rogues switch sides, that would mean he defender has 4 units more than the attacker... although, would these rogues still be in between the attacker units when they switch sides or would they start of at the defense line?

Lotus Temple:
each (random) unit added effectively is a boost of about 12.5% in total health. Maybe instead of adding units the building could just boost the defending units health... but that would have the same problem with being not easy to scale... as a unit only has 10 HP, every value between 5% and 15% would increase health by 1...

Notre:
I imagine the attacker and the defender will start the fight, and when a rogue comes first. Then it turns out which side the rogue is fighting on.

And yes, they are rogues, not soldiers. It's pretty lame that they've become the all-powerful unit. So why not move them to the other side? Some money and they're ready. :) More lively than today's situation.

What happens after that? Attackers think more about whether it is worth taking the rogues into battle against another player. This will make the fight more diverse.

Lotus:
If there is a GB that loses a unit with x chance at attack then why not have a GB that gives you a unit with x chance? :) I don't see the problem.

Thunderdome

Emperor
So if your town is attacked and you don't use rogues for revenge, it won't affect you.

And I think if somebody attacks another player, that should be a challenge. Don't beat everything with one combination.
That's where Defense % comes into play. If a player has a good defense % against the attacker's attack % then s/he would not have to worry. I know that Rogues aren't good in defending (majority would fall under this category); however, I had encounters where my attack % isn't enough (barely) to punch that lone unit's defense % of the player I am hitting as their rogues come towards my units. Remember, rogues can 1-hit anything in their form.

Majority of the players on Beta (that I know) and on the live servers (of Angkor and Yorkton) take their rogues with them to any and all fights. What you're suggesting is what I had previously stated in my last post: A Virgo Project where it takes an attacking player's rogues and turns them against said player.

Might of just suggest to Inno to not have attacks of neighbors and plundering if you're so bent on people attacking you at will with rogues.

Sl8yer

Regent
You know quite well that he speaks of rogues... Also you are here long enough to know that it is against the forum rules to make fun of people's spelling or better misspellings...

Except that this is not a spelling problem. This is about not even knowing the correct name for what you want to change.

It is very effective in the early ages.

Great chalenge with the auto-attack option.

Korvinusz

Merchant
I continue to suggest the above: because I accept that somebody likes this strategy with the rogues, but at least we can protect against it.

Because the attacker is active, he can tact and with little luck better than an auto-fight can guarantee. So for the harder battles, I personally fight the battle. Because I get better results.

The problem with the rogues is that the proper tactic against them would be to disable the non-rogues by A.I as quickly as possible. But instead they hit them first. It wouldn't be too hard to put a clause in the program that only hit the rogues if they were a direct threat to their melee attack. But unfortunately this is not the way to go.

Sl8yer

Regent
I continue to suggest the above: because I accept that somebody likes this strategy with the rogues, but at least we can protect against it.

Because the attacker is active, he can tact and with little luck better than an auto-fight can guarantee. So for the harder battles, I personally fight the battle. Because I get better results.

The problem with the rogues is that the proper tactic against them would be to disable the non-rogues by A.I as quickly as possible. But instead they hit them first. It wouldn't be too hard to put a clause in the program that only hit the rogues if they were a direct threat to their melee attack. But unfortunately this is not the way to go.

Continuing does not make it any better.

So far nobody is in favor of it. You should take your loss, or invite your guildmembers for support.

Korvinusz

Merchant
This game is not only used by pro-war and loud (cynical) players. I am aware that many players' urban modeling capabilities reach the level of "many one-of-a-kind special houses next to each other", but at least they are optimized. Beautiful. Everything on top of each other, just like the goods on a supermarket shelf. Beautiful city".

Ok this is a play style. I accept. Many people love it and proclaim it. But it's also a city-building game where you can, among other things, make war. Developers serve the needs of those who only focus on the fight.

But then it is unnecessary to make dozens of residential houses, decorations, production, and cultural buildings. Honestly, what are these in the game? They are useless for optimization. Blood must flow here!

This attitude is pathetic. But if somebody needs that, so be it.

But, from week to week, I see there are quite a few who just want to build. Those who aren't primarily into the game because of the fighting. The attackers laugh at their defenses, and their voice does not reach that far. They are not here in the forums. It just tolerates looting and neglect by developers. For a while, they sit on the low-scoring half of every neighborhood. Then sooner or later some of them give up, step down. Because in terms of gaming technology, this group is forgotten.

Sometimes they could be thought of by developers and given protection. Or a bonus for building houses that the Warriors laugh at.

I don't want to convince you, I see the quality and style of your posts in other conversations. I hope some of the developers are coming around here and thinking a little bit. Because they are on the wrong track if they want to meet the loud group who are mostly here. The game is not only played by these types of players.

Last edited:
I think it's a bad idea.
Not because I'm against the idea of a GB being able to pinch an attacking rogue, which I think is a pretty good concept, but because I'm against the idea of altering GB's that have been in the game for so many years.
The GB's you want to change are a waste of space once you progress past their age, which is why the vast majority of advanced players have deleted them (if they even bothered building them in the first place), but rather than altering existing GB's make the proposal as part of a new GB.
Also, pinching two units is way way too powerful. That's 4x as powerful as kracken. Being able to steal a single rogue from an attacker would make it good enough to be worth building.

MasterofDeath

Merchant
Not sure which version I'd be voting on but right now the Notre Dame is basically a waste. Just an updated version of the oracle really. I have 4 full sets of blueprints for it and I am never going to use them. I can get more more supplies in one day at starting level in one Alchemy.

Emberguard

Emperor
Level 10: Already 2 or 3 rogue could betray their master and join you. (You might lose some money automatically due to the bribe)
+ Supplies
And yes, they are rogues, not soldiers. It's pretty lame that they've become the all-powerful unit. So why not move them to the other side? Some money and they're ready. :) More lively than today's situation.

If you're defending you're trying to save resources to prevent plunder. Not spend it.

So if you're going to hand over coin why is the suggestion yet more supplies and not coins for the +output to cover the bribe?

Status
Not open for further replies.