• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Province Buildings (Battlegrounds)

DeletedUser10047

The costs of the buildings seems very appropriate in the long-term outlook. Sure, it's always nice to get something for cheap, but as always, if the price seems out of line for the value received, there is always the option of not spending the goods. There are several cheaper buildings available, including one for a mere 250 goods.

DeletedUser7817

Yes but's pity not to use them. If I could defend my sectors I could invest in them more, more goods from treasury for buildings but in this case it's not worthy..
I don't have a problem because I can't defend my sectors, it;s great but why should I invest in them so much goods If I can't defend it? If the prices are lower then it would more balanced all the things :)

justMDZ

Farmer
GbG should be a strategic game in which you can use the weapons that the guild has available and not just a sink to consume goods.

Ps. another proposal allows the guilds to unite and add up the treasures

DeletedUser7817

One more thing: the provincial buildings should be hidden from the other guilds; it's the element of surprise; a trap is a trap if you don't know of it :) Ok , after the sector is attacked you should see the constructed buildings on it but only the guild/guilds who attack it

kaymedic

Marquis
Does anybody knows which goods are used for the buildings? is it completly random or do you need more goods from an age where the majority of your members are in the moment?

DeletedUser10039

1. Goods costs are expensive, especially when we don't have many players in low ages but the building requires 9000 HMA goods?
2. I would prefer to not see enemy sectors buildings (makes it more challenging that way).
3. Build times of many hours = you can loose the sector before the building has even finished being built. (in active maps most sectors are retaken many times each day, so build times need to be reduced to assist with active maps)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10039

People were saying: treasuries were full with OF AF VF SAM goods with nothing to spend them on. Other ages were being used in GVG.

Lionhead

Baronet
In the buildings menu, I´d like a pop-up for mouse-overs. Both on the buildings themselves and the Goods needed.
It´s a lot easier to instruct guildies what to build, if we can call the building for what it is instead of "The white tower thingy which resembles a rook in chess"
And some icons for goods a quite a similar Textile / Asbestos and a few more.

DeletedUser7817

People were saying: treasuries were full with OF AF VF SAM goods with nothing to spend them on. Other ages were being used in GVG.

In the buildings menu, I´d like a pop-up for mouse-overs. Both on the buildings themselves and the Goods needed.
It´s a lot easier to instruct guildies what to build, if we can call the building for what it is instead of "The white tower thingy which resembles a rook in chess"
And some icons for goods a quite a similar Textile / Asbestos and a few more.

Yes but what happens when you have to invest goods from the lower ages? Ok, let us select the age for the construction then :) Few people are and will be in the lower ages in time and the treasury will be poor..So something must to be changed here :)

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I like the costing of the buildings - some are very easy to build. Others are a huge investment, and may require serious work by your guild to get the goods. But I mean lets say you have a largish guild and need 10k of some specific low age good - let's also say that trade isn't working for you. That's ~400 building days of production. Let's say it's spread out across 10 people with the boost and willing to spend some space. that's now 40 building days of production each. If those are high age players with lots of space putting up 20 each is viable. We're now down to 2 days. It's the high end that it's important is being given the challenges. The low end can skip the most expensive buildings until they're strong enough to consider them.

It appears lower age guilds are not hit with the 'goods above their age' but it'd be unfair to demand a HMA guild to come up with mars goods - at least the mars age guild can realistically do something about needing HMA goods they'd been neglecting. And lower age guilds will probably find the total quantity enough of a barrier anyways with the exception of ones with a lot of campers.

Mostly so far it seems GBGs will do a reasonable job of addressing economy problems between being able to negotiate as long as you have goods to keep going and building costs. Trade may become active once more (as for instance people look to trade their large high age good stockpiles into lower age goods they need).

On the other hand, I doubt it'll address the needs of the combat side of the game - where attrition's curve is far more punishing. It appears standard daily operation will be 'fight what you can at the start, negotiate the rest of the day' and that extremely high boost or better fighting skill will only take you a few more encounters along each while bigger goods reserve will let you keep going indefinitely.

DeletedUser7817

Agree, especially for small guilds.

Absolutely !! And in a few minutes the sector is conquered by another guild. It's an enormous price but I don't know why many people don't realize that. After a few seasons the treasury guild will be down..down.. and it's not worth to construct the provincial buildings because in many times you don't have time to construct the building and the sector is gone ! It's a big waste of goods .. Reduce the costs with at least 50-66% for all the buildings !!

qaccy

Emperor
Hah, I hope the folks asking for a way to spend 'useless' treasury goods are happy now. Unlike unlocking GE levels, the cost of these buildings appears to take into account the prevalence of the Arc within the game and has been balanced accordingly.

DeletedUser10039

Hah, I hope the folks asking for a way to spend 'useless' treasury goods are happy now. Unlike unlocking GE levels, the cost of these buildings appears to take into account the prevalence of the Arc within the game and has been balanced accordingly.

Useless goods were OF AF VF SAM as those were not being used for anything (except a hand full each week in GE). We asked for THOSE goods to be usable. However what we see is EMA and HMA goods being needed in the millions. Not many players in low ages had a lvl 80 ARC compared to higher aged players who have lvl 80+ ARC's so as a guild grows and its members grow, goods are slowly produced at early ages then in mid age goods are produced in mass as players start to find nice ages to camp in, then after FE (due to GVG) players sped through OF/AF and are now in VF/SAM. So most guilds treasuries will have low good incomes in low ages then high income in mid ages and high ages.

Asking for us to use Iron age and above goods at 5000 a building but hardly any AF/OF/VF/SAM goods is not fixing the original problem of what to do with ARC's after FE. (This is why we suggested allowing us to choose the age of goods GB's produce from our age or below via a drop down menu) INNO said we will be able to use these goods in GBG. But all I see so far are buildings needing EMA/HMA 5000 goods or 100 OF/AF goods. If we could trade down the few million SAM goods we have in the guild treasury to EMA then at least that would give us a quicker way to spend all these high age goods.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Useless goods were OF AF VF SAM as those were not being used for anything (except a hand full each week in GE). We asked for THOSE goods to be usable. However what we see is EMA and HMA goods being needed in the millions. Not many players in low ages had a lvl 80 ARC compared to higher aged players who have lvl 80+ ARC's so as a guild grows and its members grow, goods are slowly produced at early ages then in mid age goods are produced in mass as players start to find nice ages to camp in, then after FE (due to GVG) players sped through OF/AF and are now in VF/SAM. So most guilds treasuries will have low good incomes in low ages then high income in mid ages and high ages.

Asking for us to use Iron age and above goods at 5000 a building but hardly any AF/OF/VF/SAM goods is not fixing the original problem of what to do with ARC's after FE. (This is why we suggested allowing us to choose the age of goods GB's produce from our age or below via a drop down menu) INNO said we will be able to use these goods in GBG. But all I see so far are buildings needing EMA/HMA 5000 goods or 100 OF/AF goods. If we could trade down the few million SAM goods we have in the guild treasury to EMA then at least that would give us a quicker way to spend all these high age goods.

And I'm sure sometimes it will be an opportunity to use the AF+ goods. But being as that's pretty much going to be an automatic spend and probably still won't outpace the rate at which they're being put into treasury with the Arc, it helps make sure you have to make decisions that there will also be big heaps of lower age goods needed at times.

You also don't *need* every building. The most competitive division it'll probably be important in strategic places. Lower divisions though you'll probably do fine by just being the guild that shows up and takes some provinces (and maybe builds the cheap buildings). If anything this is where the buildings *might* need some improvement - are they enough of a benefit for people to actually consider the high construction costs? I won't really be able to have an opinion on this until the feature has been around a while. The costs *should* be this high though.

If you have a lot of goods in the treasury, you cant see how many the building needs without clicking it(don't want to risk building it)
Screenshot_330.png

qaccy

Emperor
@purps99 The goods needed are randomly selected from available ages within the guild. Are the costs as well? Or are the costs determined only by the building? I have no doubt that it's just as likely to see a building requiring thousands of upper-age goods as it is to see one requiring as many goods from a lower age.