• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

DeletedUser9523

Does the guild expeditions (gex) and gvg have an influence to the to the league (and MMR) every season or only at the very first beginning of the guild battlegrounds?

That was only for the initial placement when the feature started. From now on, MMR only depends on performance within the Battlegrounds.

So all guilds in one GBG are directly one after another in the MMR order? Or is there still some randomness?

It is in direct order, there is no randomness.

If there is no random factor, guilds will often fight against the same guilds I suppose...

The adjustments that are happening after a Battleground are too significant, so for you to have the exact same opponents every Battleground, your game world must be quite small. I doubt this will be the case for Beta. ;)

Also in regard of your earlier comment about the gold guilds fighting in the platinum battleground getting higher MMR gains for placing high and lesser MMR losses when placing low: Is a similar concept applied to Battlegrounds of different "average" MMR of the same league? So will guilds in the gold battleground that comprises the gold guilds with the highest MMR have different MMR rises/losses from the guilds in the battleground with the lowest MMR values?

MMR gains and losses are not relative to your current MMR or the MMR of your opponents. It merely depends on your relative placement (so being above or below the middle placement, and by how far you beat / fail it).
As an example, for a battleground with 8 participants it could look like this:
1st: +140 MMR
2nd: +100 MMR
3rd: +60 MMR
4th: +20 MMR
5th: -20 MMR
6th: -60 MMR
7th: -100 MMR
8th: -140 MMR
(these are just example numbers and don't quite reflect the real ones)

But as I mentioned earlier: Your MMR gain / loss is modified if you had to play in a Battleground of a higher league than your own. In this case again, it only depends if the whole league is different; MMR as a value is not considered for this "underdog bonus".

Additionally, MMR is capped, so it can never go below 0 and it can never go above a certain point. So no guild can "hoard" MMR to eventually become unbeatable.

Will there a list with current MMR be published?

We were thinking back and forth if MMR should be shown in-game. But it's quite technical and it may bloat the UI and how we have to display information. And our goal for this feature was to make it as accessible and sleek as possible!
But for sure we can continue to think about other ways to make league progression more tangible / visible. :)

kaymedic

Marquis
MMR gains and losses are not relative to your current MMR or the MMR of your opponents. It merely depends on your relative placement (so being above or below the middle placement, and by how far you beat / fail it).
As an example, for a battleground with 8 participants it could look like this:
1st: +140 MMR
2nd: +100 MMR
3rd: +60 MMR
4th: +20 MMR
5th: -20 MMR
6th: -60 MMR
7th: -100 MMR
8th: -140 MMR
(these are just example numbers and don't quite reflect the real ones)

But as I mentioned earlier: Your MMR gain / loss is modified if you had to play in a Battleground of a higher league than your own. In this case again, it only depends if the whole league is different; MMR as a value is not considered for this "underdog bonus".

Additionally, MMR is capped, so it can never go below 0 and it can never go above a certain point. So no guild can "hoard" MMR to eventually become unbeatable.

Two Questions: So it will not matter if a battleground was very close (eg 4 guilds were competing very closly for 3rd rank) it will always be a fixed amount of MMR you lose?

How can a guild with a lot of MMR be unbeatable? Or you mean they will not drop in league if they win the next half year and do nothing after that.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
We were thinking back and forth if MMR should be shown in-game. But it's quite technical and it may bloat the UI and how we have to display information. And our goal for this feature was to make it as accessible and sleek as possible!
Maybe just do a breakdown on the guild prestige in the guild ranking or at least in the respective guilds overview so we know how much Prestige comes from what source... Even better it would be if we could sort the guilds for their "Prestige from GBG" though

justMDZ

Farmer
What's new in the guild register?

in order to organize ourselves we actually need to know who does and who does not, it would not hurt to know also what he does, but maybe he is asking too much?

DeletedUser9719

When Battlegrounds started, every guild was assigned a specific MMR value, according to amount of members and recent activity in Guild Expeditions and GvG (this was the best approximation we had available at that time).

Oh My God !!!

In the long run this will make up for a more granular and therefore more fair competition.

I would say that at short term it will end the involvement of players

just for the fun
it's the MMR

4hiz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
So we have to see it more as every league being divided into a couple "sub-leagues" - every battleground being a sub-league in and of itself

So next GBG will look something like this:
Platinum.1
Gold.1
Gold.2
Gold.3
Gold.4
Silver.1
Silver.X
Copper.Y

When doing good you increase the MMR and therefor you go up into a higher sub-league (if you are doing very good, effectively skipping a couple sub-leagues), and if a certain threshold is reached you even go up to the next full league. Same for doing badly and going down...

As the Rewards are the same for Silver.1 (high effort - lots of tough opponents) and Silver.X (low effort - mainly do-nothings in comparison to Silver.1), I do not feel that to be an adequate reward system. The only additional reward for Silver.1 would be the potential to go up to gold, while Silver.X has to fight not to go down to copper..

Overall I think it would be better to have the opponents of a Battleground to be randomly drawn. But maybe I am overestimating the difference of activity between the top and the bottom of a league...

just for the fun
it's the MMR
yeah... that was the initial MMR estimate...
In the next GBG all the place 5 guilds will most probably not participate anymore and your guild will most probably be together in a BG with guilds of closer activity levels.

Last edited:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Changes in BGB: one important change is missing! Would be important to see who in the guild is/was active
It's something that's being worked on, and will be available hopefully in the near future. :) The development is still going, particularly for adding such items. For example with the next Battleground (tomorrow) there will be an action log for the provinces on the map (currently accessible on browser, but will become accessible on mobile as well with a future app version).

DeletedUser7817

Will tomorrow be introduced the buildings which can be constructed in sectors ?

Teak

Steward
How the league system works has also been explained in a past "Live Q&A Video", but I am happy to write it here as well. :)

Basically every guild has a value assigned, called "Match-Making Rating" (MMR).
[...] ;)

This kind of MMR usage seems unbalanced to me:
-> to have high MMR you have be rly active, both in GEX and GvG
-> adding the BGs will lead to a massive increase of losses (troops & goods)
-> Every server will get to a point where the strongest 2 or 3 guild will get perma matched and this is where the rubber meets the road
-> The minimal increase of the rewards compared to the effort might get out of hand there
=> I suspect a huge increase of effort in the high elo (mmr) ranks and a steep decrease even for low diamond players

I'm lookin forward for a challenge, but make it worth it ;)

DeletedUser10047

-> to have high MMR you have be rly active, both in GEX and GvG
Only for the initial MMR. After the first season, a guild's MMR goes up or down only based on Battleground performance.

DeletedUser8743

is this really true?, you changed your Era during a battlefield season and got the new era troops as opponent ?
if yes, well thats kinda bad, so you need to change at last day of battlefield season (monday, or maybe sunday if the rank do not change much anymore), than you have time until thursday to get some new era troops ready for next season, mmh
Yes, I couldn't battle nearly as much after I aged up so I ended up negotiating a lot more.

Nessie

Baronet
Rewards ...and now we get what? 1 unit maybe, 5 Diamonds maybe, 10 goods maybe, 5 FP maybe (guessing).
I was VERY HAPPY with 5 FP reward solely, sometimes I made 200 FP with one or two provinces. With this change, InnoGames simply cheats on us, only players in very low ages would welcome a little amount of goods, maybe one unit and so on...

I WANT 5 FP as REWARD AND NOTHING ELSE

Last edited: