• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

DeletedUser10047

I disagree . Rewards for Place 1 of a lower league should be set higher than last place of the higher league. There is no "must".
There is that. Also, in striving for 1st in a given league because first/second is rewarding, a guild will soon find itself in the higher league.

DeletedUser10297

May a player build more than one of the fragmented buildings ?

Natalia1

Squire
Do you mean, how many advancements the gold league guilds will need when fighting in the platinum battleground? I assume the same amount as the platinum guild... would be 130

I see it if the platinum guild is getting a platinum reward, and gold guild is getting a gold reward, then they should have different advances to gain the provinces

Last edited:

DeletedUser9666

With that corridor in mind and the 40 different placements, you end up with relatively little differences between placements.

So you need to go back to the drawing board and come up with a completely different system.
The existing system will instantly demotivate an average player. Before he even starts to wonder what is in the higher league.

DeletedUser10047

I don't see that there needs to be much spread from 4th to last. After all, the objective is to reward the winners.

I also think it would work fine if the rewards for 1st overlapped the rewards for lower places in the next league up.

Natalia1

Squire
I have a question about what criterion was used to select the guild that moved to the platinum league. I will post two results from two different gold league BGs. the guild that got moved to platinum league won by about 53 k points over the nearest competitor, total of 230k. It got moved to the platinum league.

Another guild won by about 140k points over the nearest competitor, to a total of 306k, yet was not moved to platinum league. If points were clearly not the criterion, what was? Both battlegrounds were similar in that both had 5 guilds that were very active, and one that was mostly dormant.GBG 1st finished.png GBG Sanctuary.png

podkap1970

Emperor
When I aged up to HMA, the fights were aged up to HMA troops. However negotiations continued to use EMA and Iron Age goods.
is this really true?, you changed your Era during a battlefield season and got the new era troops as opponent ?
if yes, well thats kinda bad, so you need to change at last day of battlefield season (monday, or maybe sunday if the rank do not change much anymore), than you have time until thursday to get some new era troops ready for next season, mmh

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
When I aged up to HMA, the fights were aged up to HMA troops. However negotiations continued to use EMA and Iron Age goods.
might be a bug...

Especially as you can prepare next age goods but not next age troops that seems oddly inconsistent...

On the other hand you can still fight with your last age troops - just not as far as you could with current age ones (at least for most ages)...

LastWarrior

Regent
I have a question about what criterion was used to select the guild that moved to the platinum league. I will post two results from two different gold league BGs. the guild that got moved to platinum league won by about 53 k points over the nearest competitor, total of 230k. It got moved to the platinum league.

Another guild won by about 140k points over the nearest competitor, to a total of 306k, yet was not moved to platinum league. If points were clearly not the criterion, what was? Both battlegrounds were similar in that both had 5 guilds that were very active, and one that was mostly dormant.
I think it has a lot to do with the actual activity of the guilds, in the top league they were very active every day, not sure of the second maybe that is it.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
If points were clearly not the criterion, what was?
If Inno does not respond, we will probably never know...

My stipulation still is, that they startet out with a higher league progress value.

There only have been 6 guilds in each battleground? Otherwise it might be that the guild that went up to platinum had more (active) opponent guilds and therefor received more progress points.

moideux

Merchant
I think it has a lot to do with the actual activity of the guilds, in the top league they were very active every day, not sure of the second maybe that is it.
Last you are guessing and that does not answer the question. We need answers not best guesses inorder to calculate whether or not participation is worthwhile. So far I have seen nothing that acts as a great incentive for the time comittment that Inno is asking for. Unless and until there is better policing on multiple IP players and the use of bots then battlegrounds will end up just like GvG where honest players find it difficult to compete.

aragon82

Merchant

What is called activity?
- number of conquered sectors? (not shown)
- number of fights/negotions? (not shown)
- number of activ guildmates? (not shown)

#1 definitly outdo us with 2nd and 3rd, maybe 1st also, but not with a hugh amount
so controlling the GBG with a huge lead(like Sanctuary did) is definitly NOT the most important thing.... but the only one shown -> points!
good job!

let us look into a blackbox without any usefull information what we can do better or not.

I really hope everyone started "league-progress" from 0, everything else(especially with the guilds packed together in the form they did) is wired.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
it is easier to ask the Guild not to play so that all get the first place
That is quite hard to accomplish... doing nothing will net you nothing... only if you have (had) at least one province you are qualified to get a reward - so getting everyone the same amount of VP is quite a challenge.

I suppose it might even be intentional that even similar provinces give slightly different points to prevent such "dealings" from happening.

DeletedUser9523

How the league system works has also been explained in a past "Live Q&A Video", but I am happy to write it here as well. :)

Basically every guild has a value assigned, called "Match-Making Rating" (MMR).
This value decides on the league allocation!

When Battlegrounds started, every guild was assigned a specific MMR value, according to amount of members and recent activity in Guild Expeditions and GvG (this was the best approximation we had available at that time).
So it was totally possible that two guilds were starting off in Gold league, but one had a weak MMR value, and the other one was strong. The guild with the strong MMR was therefore way closer to ranking up to platinum.

That's why it may even happen that a guild that is placed 2nd gets promoted (because it was at the brink of ranking up anyway), and guild that places 1st will not climb in league (as the MMR was weak to begin with).
However, this case should be rare because ...

... matchmaking of guilds for each battleground happens first and foremost using the MMR value. Therefore we can make sure to match guilds that are very close in terms of MMR.
Imagine there are 10 guilds in gold, then we end up with two battlegrounds: One has the 5 guilds with the highest MMR within gold league, and the other instance has 5 guilds with the lowest MMR within gold league.

In the long run this will make up for a more granular and therefore more fair competition.

This may also hint at how we calculate the prestige gains from battlegrounds & leagues.
We use the MMR to provide prestige, so that not every diamond guild ends up with exactly the same amount of prestige. ;)

DeletedUser6838

Does the guild expeditions (gex) and gvg have an influence to the to the league (and MMR) every season or only at the very first beginning of the guild battlegrounds?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Imagine there are 10 guilds in gold, then we end up with two battlegrounds: One has the 5 guilds with the highest MMR within gold league, and the other instance has 5 guilds with the lowest MMR within gold league.
So all guilds in one GBG are directly one after another in the MMR order? Or is there still some randomness?

If there is no random factor, guilds will often fight against the same guilds I suppose...

Also in regard of your earlier comment about the gold guilds fighting in the platinum battleground getting higher MMR gains for placing high and lesser MMR losses when placing low: Is a similar concept applied to Battlegrounds of different "average" MMR of the same league? So will guilds in the gold battleground that comprises the gold guilds with the highest MMR have different MMR rises/losses from the guilds in the battleground with the lowest MMR values?

Or are the possible wins/losses in MMR proportional to the difference between the own MMR and the highest/lowest MMR of the respective battleground?

Last edited: