• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Guild Battlegrounds

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
So the Battlegrounds will always start on Thursday and end on Sunday (11 Days)?
Yes and know?
As I understood, they will start at some time on Thursday and go for 240 hours (10 days) till the same time Sundays.

Not sure yet, if i like that the break coincides with the GE-break on Monday or not...

qaccy

Emperor
@In.My.ConTroL Dang, pretty excited after reading the announcement. Only thing missing is a description of what the Statue of Honor building provides for a player's city. Any info on that?

Since this is a PvP feature and it seemingly provides a lot more in the form of 'actual' rewards compared to GvG, I can forsee this bringing in a lot of diamond revenue if the feature takes off. This may lead to an undesirable experience for those who lack diamonds, so I imagine I'll be seeing a healthy amount of complaints that battlegrounds are 'unfair' due to that.

Could we please have some more insight about the league matchmaking?
Are we going to have server-wide leagues where we actually need 80 members to fight up to diamond?
Or are the leagues matched with member count?

Can a member refrain from guild battlegrounds per settings and then come back some weeks later and the guild will not be punished for that?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Are we going to have server-wide leagues where we actually need 80 members to fight up to diamond?

Can a member refrain from guild battlegrounds per settings and then come back some weeks later and the guild will not be punished for that?

Based on the information found in the official announcements...

As I understood, you will get random opponents from the guilds current league - whether your guild stays in the current league or goes up or down will probably only depend on the placement. The initial guild matching to league was said to be dependent on the guilds activity levels and some other factors, so it might be that some guilds are initially placed in a league (far) too high or (far) too low.

As there is no correcting factor that scales with the number of participating players according to this, there will be no opt in/out necessary. Only problem with this might be that non-participating guild members (probably) still receive the rewards the other guild members worked for - could lead to some strife in some guilds...

How high the participation in the guild need to be to get to diamond, we will have to see - as the number of guilds with 60-80 players is a rather miniscule amount (~5% of the guilds with 3 members or more, ~2% of all guilds), you will probably have good chances to get into the top league with a high activity medium member count guild (but that also depends on how big the respective leagues will be) . But in general yes, high member count guilds will tend to have better chances in getting to the top leagues as they need lesser participation per member than a lower member count guild for the same result.

Last edited:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
As I understood, they will start at some time on Thursday and go for 240 hours (10 days) till the same time Sundays.
The current total run is set for 264 hours / 11 days. They will always start on Thursday though.

Only thing missing is a description of what the Statue of Honor building provides for a player's city. Any info on that?
The building itself is work in progress at the moment. As we speak it gives coin and forge points, but this is not the last planned state of it.

In the long run the member count doesn't matter, just your guild's achievement within the battleground. For the initial start various factors are taken into account but that's a 1-time thing basically.

As with existing guild activites, you can choose not to take part. There is however no setting that officially removes you from a pool.

The announcement doesn't speak about Province Buildings of any sort, which I distinctly remember was a part of the original announcement.
The feature is not yet final at this time, and it's still being worked on as we speak. Province Buildings is an item that will follow / be released at a later time.

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Will those two guilds be matched to one league table? Because I actually do see a problem here.
Yes, as long as the 18 members of guild A perform the same as the 15 members of B, then this is quite likely. What problem do you see?

I personally also would have preferred some kind of balancing in regard of the member count (e.g. attrition climbing quicker for high member count guilds). But what speaks against that is, that it is not easy to get a guild to be big and active - having achieved that should get honored in some way. Also as you said yourself, it is quite likely that not all members of a big guild are active. If there was a guild size dependent parameter, low activity members would be forced to leave guilds. And, as I said before, the number of guild having such high member counts is not so high (only 2% of the guilds have 50+Members.) So what if some of these high member count guilds dominate the top league - as not all of these high member count guilds have a high participation rate, there will be a lot of chances for smaller guilds to get into the top league. The smaller guilds will not have high changes for the top places in the highest league battleground matches, but if they are coincidentally matched only with other smaller guilds, also the smaller guilds will eventually get a win in the top league.

In regards of an opt-in, opt-out per member - similar things were proposed and discussed for the GE-participation before and generally declined...

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Guild A has 60 members and 18 of them participate in Battlegrounds.
Guild B has 15 members and 15 of them participate in Battlegrounds.

Will those two guilds be matched to one league table? Because I actually do see a problem here.
Can't say really, the example doesn't tell us a lot. As mentioned already the primary factor for match making is how well a guild does in a battleground instance (vs other guilds). If both guilds performed similarly in the previous instance, then yes they can still end up matched together.

Will the Observatory have any impact on the Guild Battlegrounds?
Nope. I believe it was already mentioned in the very initial Battlegrounds announcement (before development started), but 'GvG support pool' does not translate to Battlegrounds. And such buildings don't have any specific impact on Battlegrounds.

In regards of an opt-in, opt-out per member - similar things were proposed and discussed for the GE-participation before and generally declined...
Yep, I know. Would still make things easier and not force guilds to kick members due to their (non-)performance.
Because, let's face it, guilds in Forge of Empires are often not really purpose communities but rather little places where friends come together. But that's OT.

If both guilds performed similarly in the previous instance, then yes they can still end up matched together.
Perhaps I'm still too stupid to understand, how throwing together the guilds will work or how anything here is anything near fair, but I will have to bite it.
I will wait and see, how this server-wide match making is assumed to function on the long run.
It's gonna be fun to watch the large guilds kick non-performing members to invite more active members and then just have large guilds in the top tier. Or I'm just too pessimistic.

When negotiating are the goods coming from the guild treasury or from your personal stock ???
You're always negotiating with your own goods. You're actually fighting with your own troops, too. ;)

Teak

Steward
Shouldn‘t there be anew guild rank for placing the “siege flags”?

4 upgrades on the BG-building also seem a little bit low for such a long term content

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
It's gonna be fun to watch the large guilds kick non-performing members to invite more active members and then just have large guilds in the top tier.
Although that might happen, I do not see big problems coming with that - the very competitive guilds have been doing that in regards of GE already anyway. Why should the guilds that did not care for this in regards of GE suddenly decide it matters now with GBG...
how throwing together the guilds will work

Over all, your guilds activity level (total number of encounters solved per Battleground season) will define what league you are in - if you have a (way) higher activity than your opponents in the battleground your league will go up for the next battleground, if your activity is (way) lower than your opponents you will end up in a lower league next time around. This will lead to guilds with similar activity levels to be in the same league (no matter how many players they have). So Guilds with similar activity are matched together - sounds kind of fair to me for now - but if this system is fair or not essentially depends on the rewards (especially when comparing the bottom places rewards of one league with the top places rewards with the next lower league - going up a league should never get punishment by worse potential rewards).

how anything here is anything near fair,
If you are referring to the aspect of "a 80 player guild only needs half the activity per member compared to 40 member guild to reach the same activity level and therefor has way lower costs per member achieving that", then yes, it is kind of unfair... but it is very hard to find a fair solution for that...

jovada

Regent
Random goods for buildings could be a problem for many guilds.

We believe that as costs are randomized there will always be something that guilds can build; having looked at guild inventories, we've seen that a lot of guilds have a lot of goods from a lot of eras so we're not anticipating this to be a problem. It should also help bring relevance to the goods of lower level eras for higher level users.

That is why i asked if goods are coming from treasury or from personal stock