• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2019

Julvs

Merchant
Yeah and currently I have no cinnamon to bake anything. All 3 options require it and the options before that one kept requiring it. Before I knew it, I ran out.
I'm in the same way. What about a "joker" price just to choose the ingredient we need? It´s boried two o three days (at the end of the game) waiting for a concrete ingredient.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
The Fall Event mechanics are perfect,

not really...

When the option to exchange ingredients was still in the game, the player had the choice of either:
1) go for max stars (to get more grand prizes and better league rewards) by choosing the recipe that uses the items that are currently in surplus - hereby getting lots of "junk" items
2) go only for the recipes where the items to be won are "desirable" - hereby sacrificing stars and losing out on grand prizes and league rewards
3) not caring at all and doing whatever

Removing the option to exchange ingredients robbed the player of option 2... now there is only one strategic option left.

Especially as players can get stuck with lots of ingredients of one kind even if they follow option 1, just because of having a bad streak with offered recipes or getting only one kind of ingredient from the incidents/DC, I am not against a reintroduction of the exchange ingredients mechanic - but it should be done differently from last years quest variation...

An easier to implement option to give the players some leeway would be the reintroduction of the "fall ingredient selection kit" - e.g. as a rare reward (quest line, DC, and/or incidents would all work)

Last edited:

DeletedUser10164

Is it only me, i fail to find The Cidre Mill Upgrade?
I can only find the Fall Mill Upgrade, no Cidre Mill Upgrade ...

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Is it only me, i fail to find The Cidre Mill Upgrade?
I can only find the Fall Mill Upgrade, no Cidre Mill Upgrade ...
what do you mean by "find"?
It came up twice already in the "daily specials" - considering both of them were pretty early in the event (days 1 and 7) it might come a third time...

DeletedUser10172

not really...

When the option to exchange ingredients was still in the game, the player had the choice of either:
1) go for max stars (to get more grand prizes and better league rewards) by choosing the recipe that uses the items that are currently in surplus - hereby getting lots of "junk" items
2) go only for the recipes where the items to be won are "desirable" - hereby sacrificing stars and losing out on grand prizes and league rewards
3) not caring at all and doing whatever

Removing the option to exchange ingredients robbed the player of option 2... now there is only one strategic option left.

Especially as players can get stuck with lots of ingredients of one kind even if they follow option 1, just because of having a bad streak with offered recipes or getting only one kind of ingredient from the incidents/DC, I am not against a reintroduction of the exchange ingredients mechanic - but it should be done differently from last years quest variation...

An easier to implement option to give the players some leeway would be the reintroduction of the "fall ingredient selection kit" - e.g. as a rare reward (quest line, DC, and/or incidents would all work)

To call the mechanics perfect was doubtless a mistake, I agree. But it couldn't be much better, introducing an ingredient selection kit would help, but wouldn't make much of a difference. Maybe an option to spend 25 diamonds to change the recipes would also work, getting 25 diamonds more expensive in every 24 hour period. I'm not sure getting to the end of the event and having a handful of leftover ingredients is such a problem, there are so many ways to obtain them, it sort of makes up for the loss. Getting into the highest leagues without spending diamonds won't help to get an extra cottage before the upgrade kits are on offer in the Antique dealer. Playing in every event means winning things that you might not want to win and use, why should this event be different?

Seems to me that winning items you don't want in order to keep ingredients balanced is well worth the cost. Most players are unlikely to spend their ingredients every day, so there will always come a time on a day that they actually are baking that they will be able to bake no more, for whatever reason. There is a limit to every event. The actual distribution for ingredients to the player can't be improved, the only random factors are daily specials, which are optional and incidents which are rewards for logging in regular and clicking! Spending diamonds just to switch up the recipes wouldn't appeal to me, but could be the solution for those that don't want to end up with unused ingredients.

DeletedUser5160

Sounds like a really unfortunate stream of results. Cinnamon is in all but one of the 3-star recipes. Only appears in a single 2-star and a single 1-star recipe. So for it to keep coming up you'd have to be receiving more 3's then any other recipe

:/ Yup. I have 2 3-star options and the single 2-star option.

DeletedUser10172

They could reset once per day automatically or the player could have one free re-roll per day...

I feel that recipes resetting automatically once a day isn't a good idea, not for those that are saving up their ingredients for many days at a time. As an option it seems perfectly reasonable, but only once for free every 24 hours. In all honesty I just don't think having to wait until the ingredient you need comes along is such a big issue, if we are at the point where we need one ingredient to bake, the number of other ingredients we have will be low anyway, so chances of getting the daily special wont be high with or without the missing ingredient... Hardly seems a massive problem and might need a big adjustment for the developers. I don't know?

DeletedUser10172

I've bean playing the Fall event on Beta, reading the forum I saw a few complaints regarding the number of quests asking for productions. Has the quest line changed at all, because it certainly didn't feel like there were too many as I worked through. I'm on the app and it took only 48 hours of irregular play to reach the daily quests, seems pretty great.

DeletedUser8024

As in the previous event, you have places two quests that together demand more guild expedition encounter solves than is possible for someone within a single week. I encountered both of them this week, and since a new guild expedition won't open up until the event is finished, then I am stuck. I don't think a second guild expedition quest should demand 7 encounters after the first demanded 12; rather it should demand that the first level of the guild expedition be completed.

DeletedUser9356

I already got the Appleton, and won't have any chance of another one in the time left for beta; but I want to reiterate that the options other than Appleton are a bit feeble by comparison, and I suspect your stats will bear me out. Experienced players are going to be unlikely to make either of the other choices unless you sweeten the stats a bit.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I still feel it have been an relaxed and nice event. I got one of the September Cottages and a 1-2 cidermill upgrated so it's all fine.

DeletedUser10172

As in the previous event, you have places two quests that together demand more guild expedition encounter solves than is possible for someone within a single week. I encountered both of them this week, and since a new guild expedition won't open up until the event is finished, then I am stuck. I don't think a second guild expedition quest should demand 7 encounters after the first demanded 12; rather it should demand that the first level of the guild expedition be completed.

There is an alternative quest, I'm stuck at the same point and would like to finish the event too. So I'm just trying to do the alternative quest, even though it means attacking armies from the era above, it is going to take a little time. It's only on beta so, if I can't complete all the quests, no problem, will still be able to finish the cottage easily. I know I'm in guilds that unlock beyond level 1 in live servers and I won't have just 8 days to finish the 75 quests, that's the curse of playing beta world on the app right!

Nessie

Baronet
I still feel it have been an relaxed and nice event. I got one of the September Cottages and a 1-2 cidermill upgrated so it's all fine.
I've never read anything you posted that would have a little drop of critic. Are you dev or management maybe? Your avatar here is really you? :)

I do not feel that this is a relaxed and nice event, even though I got the Appleton already. Since a week or longer I can't bake, missing ingridients even though I do the daily for it. I know that InnoGames wants me to spend cash (diamonds) but I refuse! The only thing I get is Apples of which I got enough already. I'm stuck without using diamonds, I'm back to apprentice even though I was professional. I'm aware that InnoGames wants to give a chance to DIA-players to make them feel good and spend more cash but at the moment I find the situation ridiculous...

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
I already got the Appleton, and won't have any chance of another one in the time left for beta; but I want to reiterate that the options other than Appleton are a bit feeble by comparison, and I suspect your stats will bear me out. Experienced players are going to be unlikely to make either of the other choices unless you sweeten the stats a bit.

I dunno what you're saying, really. All three Cottages either match or pretty soundly beat the Pagodas and Ships despite having the same number of upgrades and being smaller than both of them. While you call the Flowerly and Ponds Cottages 'weak', anyone with Royal Ships/Earth Pagodas and the two people who built Water Pagodas/Trader ships will definitely be drawn to replace as many of them as possible with these new offerings.

DeletedUser10172

I've never read anything you posted that would have a little drop of critic. Are you dev or management maybe? Your avatar here is really you? :)

I do not feel that this is a relaxed and nice event, even though I got the Appleton already. Since a week or longer I can't bake, missing ingridients even though I do the daily for it. I know that InnoGames wants me to spend cash (diamonds) but I refuse! The only thing I get is Apples of which I got enough already. I'm stuck without using diamonds, I'm back to apprentice even though I was professional. I'm aware that InnoGames wants to give a chance to DIA-players to make them feel good and spend more cash but at the moment I find the situation ridiculous...

The Beta server leagues are always more competitive and have a higher threshold for reaching the higher ranks. Because most players spend the free diamonds and because they are also more likely to finish the event. The final days of the fall event are always baking just a few recipes and the reward from the daily quest always alternates between ingredients, so apples every fifth day, if you are receiving just apples from Daily Special, that is bad luck. If you refuse to save up ingredients for a few days and instead spend ingredients everytime you can bake you are more likely to end up being unable to bake or with too many unique ingredients.

Honda wants people to buy its cars and Insurers want you to buy Home Insurance, but they don't force you to. Of course Inno wants players to buy diamonds, they are running a business! Doesn't mean you have to buy them, I don't understand those that complain they can't spend ingredients that they got for free, Beta server is good practice for when an event goes live, just try and avoid making the same mistakes there.

Some people are naturally positive and see the best in what is offered, accepting that nothing is ever perfect, no matter how much they might want it to be. This event has more random factors than any other (except maybe the archeology event) so there is imbalance for everyone unless you are extremely lucky, best to just accept it, because most other players will.

I feel like any event based around baking and collecting ingredients is pretty relaxed, unless it's actual baking and you are collecting ingredients in a forest and baking over an open fire!

DeletedUser9356

I am now permanently stuck at stage 71, and do not foresee being able to escape before the game's end. I do not have any military tech from my era, so I can't build a military building from this era; and there is no way on earth to build up the armies to win 10 battles between now and the end of the game. There has to be an alternative pathway for this one, for those of us who consider military tech a waste of resources and concentrate on building civilizations instead; or else this one has to appear earlier in the sequence so that we can rack up victories early in a weekly cycle when the Guild Expedition battles are easier to accomplish.

Julvs

Merchant
Three days to the end, and...(see photo for further information). I keep on thinking that an "ingredient joker" is a good idea. Or buy apples in the market, perhaps.

Attachments

• foe02.PNG
    foe02.PNG
    260.2 KB · Views: 20

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Then you did not read all my posts over the last year.
I try to look at the game as whole and not just what I want. I love event buildings but I really don't need my whole town filled with them at I then will need far to many one up and reno kit to keep them upgraded.
We do have several ways to get nice buildings and with the AD also a nice way to changes unwanted buildings to something better.
Yes I'm mostly positive but I do also have critic of the game. I don't like when I'm forced to play before work and right after work, then again in the evening. That hurt my RL, I really only want to play in the evening. I can do that, but then I have to sell a few buildings I run in 8 hours time and maybe accept, that I won't always make the settlements in time.
So for me, this event was relasing as I could fit it in the times I play.
No I'm not dev or management in Inno but I try to look at the events and the changes as a Dev with do. What do it do to the game as whole and is it balanced.
Yes my avatar is me, however it is a younger version of me.