• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Black screen or some of screen goes black

FrejaSP

Viceroy
This is in the Flash version, Chrome on win10. on DK servers
It looks cool, but sometimes I get a total black screen.
Not sure if it is my PC or others do have this issueGoesBlack.jpg
I went to GE and back, it was still there, then I went to settlementand back and all was back to normal

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I did not clear my cache resently, I will try that. I did not try if other browsers have same problem, will try to use EI or Edge tomorrow.
The way as om the screenshot had happen a few times. Most times the whole screen goes black, but yes, the issue may be on my PC :)

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Edge is not an alternative, Flash is so slow so it is not play able. HTML5 is much better but still very slow.
So Chrome with a few black screens that need me to hit F5 is still better. I had not testet IE yet. I do not use other browsers than this 3

DeletedUser7497

Flash on Chrome has been working great for me up until today on everyone of my worlds ( I have always had very fast response time - basically immediate even with 4-5 tabs with 4-5 worlds going at same time)
Everything today is so slow it is basically frozen and I can not play at all. I cleared my cache & re-freshed chrome and still the same thing. I also checked if my G chrome was updated and it is.

So I tried the HTML5 and I get the same thing on my screen as you do. I cannot see any of the surrounding terrain and my towns look like they are sitting on blue/black water. Some game pop-ups do not show up. It is not as laggy and not completely frozen, but it is slow and it sure does not run like it does on flash for me

DeletedUser9760

Was about to report the very same thing, started happening a couple days ago although a little different: green instead of blue.

Up until the new version terrain was loaded first, then the buildings, then all icons hovering above buildings like the little stars from polivating or crates, coins, whatever signals a building has ended its production.

Now terrain is loaded last, takes quite a lot of time to do so (like 3 minutes, perhaps more) and meanwhile everything else requires more time to be done (be it collecting, going to expeditions, opening tech tree etc.)

I use Firefox (no html5) and this happened in the past as well, right after a new version was implemented (can't remember which one).

Attachments

• Screenshot foe.JPG
    Screenshot foe.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 11

DeletedUser9760

Glad to see the loading order is back to its good order and terrain no longer takes so much time. In order words, loading now is as good as it used to be :)

DeletedUser9760

I'm having this issue again both in beta and live (Greifental i7) right after upgrade 1.148.0dd3ce77f37. Cache cleared and tried with chrome and firefox, nothing changes

DeletedUser9760

In the end I found out the root of my issue: connection speed. My usual internet connection is quite slow so I thought about trying a faster one and the "black screen" bug didn't happen: terrain was loaded first and quickly and the rest followed nicely. That explains why it couldn't be reproduced, surely devs use a fast internet connection. However, before last upgrade this didn't use to happen (save one time in the past and was fixed in a few days) so maybe this depends on the game's dimension in terms of bytes (megabytes). Anyway, mistery solved at least for me: the problem is on my side. Hope this helps anybody else having this issue.