• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Space Age Mars

DeletedUser8859

First there are 5 buildings for goods production and none so far for the 6th good.
  • No placeholder file found yet, it may be hidden somewhere, or not drafted yet.
What if the mars ore is something like supplies/coins on earth needed for building purposes?
  • I imagine Mars Ore similar to Prometheium, not to Coins / supplies.
Intrigues me if we could battle on mars with 2 waves against 2 waves or even 2 vs. 3
  • 3 Waves Battles? Hope for better units than some of the VF if they must survive 2 waves and still face a 3rd army. What to face as enemies on Mars?
    • Big brains, bulb eyed, low stature, green or gray skinned aliens?
    • Octopus looking aliens?
    • Four arms fierce green warriors with large tusks in their mouths?

Walkers from War of the Worlds, we are invading the home planet of the alliens
of that movie ;)

most likely we'll face something like the CEO enemy we encountered in arctic future, who fled from our planet out of bitterness, and uses his vast wealth to start his own new empire there, and hell maybe we'll finally see ragu silvertongue resurface as well, who was exiled after colonial age (and perhaps still lives). in any case, it will prob be other colonist factions we'll fight, and not aliens (yet) :p

oh and what about siren? i expected her in virtual future, but she wasn't there :p

DeletedUser9778

I think it will probably be similar to Cultural Settlements in the sense of a "separate city" with its own resources, but "fed" by the main city. Hopefully it will have battles though.

I'm genuinely curious why they went to Mars as the first stop in "Space Age". If the idea was to leave Earth and become a space exploration game, why not milk the concept with a space station, then a lunar outpost, maybe asteroid harvesting, etc. before getting to Mars? More ages means more money since there's more content for people to buy.

Maybe we'll double back and have Lunar Future. "Our outpost on Mars is thriving, but alas we need a more stable supply route! Therefore we will establish a lunar base."
Why? you ask why? it's simple, FoE is based on reality, do we colonize the Moon? no, have we started to colonize the Mars? yes, Musk these days was working on the Raptor engine for the starship going to mars, also it's a year and 2 or 3 days since Musk launched the first test for Mars. So, it's obv that there has to be first a Space Age Mars and then others. Obv following Musk others are starting to take interest in Mars.

DeletedUser5097

most likely we'll face something like the CEO enemy we encountered in arctic future, who fled from our planet out of bitterness, and uses his vast wealth to start his own new empire there, and hell maybe we'll finally see ragu silvertongue resurface as well, who was exiled after colonial age (and perhaps still lives). in any case, it will prob be other colonist factions we'll fight, and not aliens (yet) :p

oh and what about siren? i expected her in virtual future, but she wasn't there :p
My post was sarcasm :D yet I would be more than happy to see the return
of Ragu Silvertongue

DeletedUser8859

Walkers from War of the Worlds, we are invading the home planet of the alliens of that movie ;)

Then we will need units with a biological weapons skill to defeat them with common flu, chicken pox or other viruses. Antrax?

Last edited by a moderator:

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
Why? you ask why? it's simple, FoE is based on reality, do we colonize the Moon? no, have we started to colonize the Mars? yes, Musk these days was working on the Raptor engine for the starship going to mars, also it's a year and 2 or 3 days since Musk launched the first test for Mars. So, it's obv that there has to be first a Space Age Mars and then others. Obv following Musk others are starting to take interest in Mars.
We would have had a colony on the moon, but funding was a big problem. As was public interest. In fact there was going to be an initiative in which a lunar base was going to be constructed starting this year, but that fell through.

DeletedUser9822

I think it will probably be similar to Cultural Settlements in the sense of a "separate city" with its own resources, but "fed" by the main city. Hopefully it will have battles though.

I'm genuinely curious why they went to Mars as the first stop in "Space Age". If the idea was to leave Earth and become a space exploration game, why not milk the concept with a space station, then a lunar outpost, maybe asteroid harvesting, etc. before getting to Mars? More ages means more money since there's more content for people to buy.

Maybe we'll double back and have Lunar Future. "Our outpost on Mars is thriving, but alas we need a more stable supply route! Therefore we will establish a lunar base."
Because Builiding a spacestation is harder than plunking things down on a 2d map for the inno coders

DeletedUser9822

We would have had a colony on the moon, but funding was a big problem. As was public interest. In fact there was going to be an initiative in which a lunar base was going to be constructed starting this year, but that fell through.
The germans do have one on the moon.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...on-base/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.db887789fe2d

DeletedUser

Im pretty excited about this new part of the game, did anyone search for tekst files?

DeletedUser9760

Weird, many buildings looks like existing ones, like the townhalls, the guillotine, the huts, mad doc laboratory exept for the flames of course. Perhaps the Earth will be burned and humanity will have to reach Mars to survive?

DeletedUser9522

Weird, many buildings looks like existing ones, like the townhalls, the guillotine, the huts, mad doc laboratory exept for the flames of course. Perhaps the Earth will be burned and humanity will have to reach Mars to survive?
Not really, that are only placeholders which will be replaced later by Inno.

DeletedUser

"SAM|Unlock these expansions by researching the required technology. Place expansions adjacent to your colony grid for more space to build. Upon moving on to the next age, this colony will be left behind, so expansions will not carry over."

That part do not sound good :-/
Sounds like its viking settlement in some way
So no harvest to be done there after leaving the colony, so all u do in the colony is just getting stuff so u can move on and rebuild somewhere else.
I was hoping for some mars mining that u could do and fill your stock with something usable (usable in other ways than just moving on)

But its still sounds good overall.