• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Space Age Mars

DeletedUser

The ship's filename is Ship, just like the Viking's ship's filename. The AF/OF Harbors are 'Hub', so this is not a building and not a harbor but a link to perhaps a Mars outpost (considering the life support HUD files are in /outpost/ and not in /city/).

I'm not sure we are going to deal with a new special good, since we have no Mars hub/harbor, yet.
Perhaps mars ore is simply used on the mars.

Silveralius

Squire

DeletedUser8859

Filenames do not determine what kind of buildings or items they will be.

The Traders, Royal and Pirate Ships are named "Ship" when you start building them, I wanted to be clear to which Ship I'm refering too.
When you click on the AF "Hub" the name on top of the screen is "Artic Harbor".
When you click on the OF "Hub" the name on top of the screen is "Oceanic Terminal".
At the Research Tree the "Hubs" and Upgrade to them are named "Artic Harbor" / "Artic Harbor Upgrade", "Oceanic Terminal" and "Oceanic Terminal Upgrade"; never "Hub" or Hub Upgrade".

DeletedUser8859

I'm not sure we are going to deal with a new special good, since we have no Mars hub/harbor, yet.
Perhaps mars ore is simply used on the mars

The spoiler list 6 goods, up to now we have seen 5 goods per era, and since AF an additional 6th "special" good. VF gave us a break and has not introduced a special good, just reused the special goods from AF and Of in Research Tree.
  • Option 1: Space Age Mars to return to the AF & OF pattern and have 5 goods and a special one.
  • Option 2: Space Age Mars to be the first Era to introduce 6 normal goods.

DeletedUser8859

Yes, they do.
Example:
Y_SS_SpaceAgeMars_Ship1.png

Y is a ship like the Vikings' ship.
R is residential
S is street
O is a Hub (harbor)
and so on.

What you see when clicking or hovering over a building is just the translation to a readable format.

Thanks, I learn something new today. Never had seen full filenames with that type code at the start.

Last edited by a moderator:

UBERhelp1

Viceroy
I believe that there will be a 6th good like AF and OF, but it is used for the outpost mainly (kind of like cultural settlements again). Of course, it could be also used as a special good.

I also think that we will see the ship where the old Show Hall used to be. It looks like the only good spot for it.

DeletedUser8859

Example: Y_SS_SpaceAgeMars_Ship1.png

If the Ship (Space Ship) is like the Viking Ship, as the Y at the filename suggest, then it is neither an Embassy or Town Hall? The Embassy at Mars must the one represented by the 4x4 "Palace on fire" placeholder.
  • What "type code" the Town Halls have at the start of their full filenames?
  • What "type code" the Viking Embassy has at the start of its full filename?
  • What "type code" the "Palace on fire" has at the start of its full filename?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What "type code" the Town Halls have at the start of their full filenames?
/assets/city/buildings/H_SS_Era_Townhall.png

What "type code" the Viking Embassy has at the start of its full filename?
/assets/city/buildings/H_SS_Vikings_Townhall.png

What "type code" the "Palace on fire" has at the start of its full filename?
/assets/city/buildings/H_SS_SpaceAgeMars_Townhall2.png

So, yes, the townhall2 could be the outpost townhall.

DeletedUser8090

I quite like the second town hall idea, and the below is what I am imagine.

You can only build Mars buildings on Mars city, use Mars pop and goods. (and maybe only mars army to fight mars maps)
All you can use from earth is coin and supplies just like cultural settlements.

And from now on, all the space eras coming after are happening on this Mars base.
You can have your earth city full of SoKs, but no more on the mars.
It will look more up-to-date

Andi47

Overlord
or each era has his own planet :D

With each additional outpost (Mars, Jupiter-moons?, Venus? Alpha Centauri?, ...?) the time needed for maintaining the outposts becomes more and more unaffordable - we do have jobs and we do need to sleep at night.

DeletedUser9573

So I add my thoughts as well :D

First there are 5 buildings for goods production and none so far for the 6th good. What if the mars ore is something like supplies/coins on earth needed for building purposes?

On the Map Gui there are symbols for more then one army. Intrigues me if we could battle on mars with 2 waves against 2 waves or even 2 vs. 3 . Would make the battles more challenging.

And last but not least what if we need to send the Ship from Earth with supplies and goods to keep the outpost running. And with further research you shorten the time it needs to get there and how much it can carry. Similar to the Arctic and Oceanic Harbor.
I like that idea, it needsyou to still maintain the city on earth (no SdK deserts possible) and is a bottleneck for how fast you can progress on mars itself.

Feanor II

Baronet
I think it will probably be similar to Cultural Settlements in the sense of a "separate city" with its own resources, but "fed" by the main city. Hopefully it will have battles though.

I'm genuinely curious why they went to Mars as the first stop in "Space Age". If the idea was to leave Earth and become a space exploration game, why not milk the concept with a space station, then a lunar outpost, maybe asteroid harvesting, etc. before getting to Mars? More ages means more money since there's more content for people to buy.

Maybe we'll double back and have Lunar Future. "Our outpost on Mars is thriving, but alas we need a more stable supply route! Therefore we will establish a lunar base."

DeletedUser8090

Don't think you need to worry about that, there are 8 planets anyway. :D
Also, after that just go to other solar system or galaxy