• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Lionhead

Baronet
A quick question @thephantom; @Zarok Dai

I think we can all agree, that the very last quest i VS, is best solved by first getting the checkmark on the have 1200 Diplomacy condition. Then tear down whatever needed to build 6 cultural goods building. Quest solved. Settlement solved. Finish and start over.
And though it doesn´t make much sense to leave the settlement in between meeting the 2 conditions in the last quest, I did have a guildie on live server, who did just that.
She had gotten the checkmark on having 1200 Diplomacy, and was midway through tearing down diplomacy buildings, when she had some real life interfering. She left the VS, and when she did go back the checkmark for having 1200 Diplomacy was unchecked. So she had to start over.
Is this intended?
I mean, if when we build up diplomacy to unlock a new building, then tear down diplomacy which brings us under the required amount, the newly unlocked building stays unlucked. How is this different?
I have a hard time understanding why the action of leaving the settlement alone will uncheck the have 1200 Diplomacy condition.

Just as a bonus info. I reproduced this here on Beta, and it does indeed work the way my guildie had described.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Just as a bonus info. I reproduced this here on Beta, and it does indeed work the way my guildie had described.

When you reproduced this how long did it take for the check mark to disappear?

Lionhead

Baronet
When you reproduced this how long did it take for the check mark to disappear?

I had 1200 Diplomacy and the checkmark. Deleted a single runestone, thus getting down to 1194. Leave the settlement, and re-enter immediately, and the checkmark was gone.
That was offcourse no problem, as that runestone is up again in 1 minute. But if you´d deleted several Clan Totems, it would prolong the finish time with at least 1 hr.

DeletedUser9537

OK, I am sure someone can answer this perplexing question for me...

What the Heck is the OLD WILLOW Diplomacy item saying when you click on it?

I've even put my headphones on and tried to cipher it out. At best it sounds like its saying...

"I Hate Colonoscopies"...

Unless the developer who created this item recently had one done? I "Sort Of" do not think that is what it's saying...

oops ... wrong thread, sorry, but too lazy to repost ... sry again ;)

got a weird quest window after quest 49 - what is supposted to mean? Just a somehow broken image for wait until tomorrow?

quest50.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser8859

OK, I am sure someone can answer this perplexing question for me...

What the Heck is the OLD WILLOW Diplomacy item saying when you click on it?

I've even put my headphones on and tried to cipher it out. At best it sounds like its saying...

"I Hate Colonoscopies"...

Unless the developer who created this item recently had one done? I "Sort Of" do not think that is what it's saying...

I have no idea, (have the sound and music settings off), but if correct I agree, I also "Hate Colonoscopies"...

DeletedUser8859

oops ... wrong thread, sorry, but too lazy to repost ... sry again ;)

got a weird quest window after quest 49 - what is supposted to mean? Just a somehow broken image for wait until tomorrow?

You have to play two (2) mini games (use two tickets) to complete ?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Although in your example it looks fine for android - there are still problems.
E.g. if one or more of the goods are not needed at all for an achievement. Sometimes the good is not displayed and sometimes it is displayed with a 0 and the ordering still gets messed up in the end - but not as bad as on browser
Screenshot_20190212-104645.png

Julvs

Merchant
At first, excuse my poor english. My question is: Does anyone know the sense of Clan House? It gives coins, just when you don't need them. And diplomacy, 172 in 15 squares. But you can get 216 diplomacy with two Willows in 12 squares. I always rise it up just and destroy it when the mission is done. Really, I can't understand it.

Andi47

Overlord
At first, excuse my poor english. My question is: Does anyone know the sense of Clan House? It gives coins, just when you don't need them. And diplomacy, 172 in 15 squares. But you can get 216 diplomacy with two Willows in 12 squares. I always rise it up just and destroy it when the mission is done. Really, I can't understand it.

At the first moment I thought that you were talking about the Mead hall ('cause of the diplomacy), but that doesn't fit.

No, the Clan House doesn't give 172 diplomacy, it gives 172 population - and this is a good value (highest population density of all Viking buildings). Don't destroy it, keep it - and build a second one if you can. With its high population density you can probably spare a hut or two and build Markets instead (or an additional goods building if you are already "swimming" in coins)

Miepie

Baronet
The Clanhouse isn't worth the 8 hours building time it takes. Better to work with huts. With 5 of them you'll have all the population you need.

Julvs

Merchant
You are right, Andi. I was talking about Mead Hall. In fact, I've finished several settelments with one Clan House and one or two huts. I'm sorry. And the count was with diplomacy: 3 willows give you more diplomacy just wasting three more squares .

Andi47

Overlord
You are right, Andi. I was talking about Mead Hall. In fact, I've finished several settelments with one Clan House and one or two huts. I'm sorry. And the count was with diplomacy: 3 willows give you more diplomacy just wasting three more squares .

Mead hall - I just build it, collect quest reward, and remove it immediately.

DeletedUser8277

After this was brought to live I've found not focusing on the time rewards at all made this feature much more enjoyable or rather non bothersome to me. The pressure of trying to make it on time was turning me against the feature as a whole, made the game feel more like work with setting alarms and the rewards didn't seem worth that level of effort.

However playing it more as something that's just there, disregarding the count down and taking on a 'I'll get to it when I get to it' mentality made it much more enjoyable as the actual puzzle it is. Unfortunately the count down pressure seemed to have the same negative effects of turning people off this on live if my guilds conversation about it holds any water. 'Money grab' was the common complaint as most were failing to do it in time.

I do still think the final time reward should be extended indefinitely or a 4th should be added with lower rewards for not making it in any pre measured time to take some of the pressure off that has turned people against it. I also still think the Diplomacy amounts need to be lowered and runestones should be treated like roads when it comes to deleting them to cut down on the massive amount of clicks. Every time you go to unlock something, ripping up everything to put 1x1s for the amount of diplomacy required is just not fun no matter how much you stretch it. It doesn't get any better towards the end when you have to rip up all roads, wait hours for the higher diplomacy buildings to build just to unlock and delete. I'd also wager that if diamond bought expansions could be carried over from settlement to settlement, more diamond expansions would be bought overall.