• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Settlements - Diplomacy and insane amount of clicks needed

DeletedUser7529

Unlocking last 3 upgrades in settlements is really annoying:
1. Once you have all goods - demolish almost all buildings in settlements (mostly no problems, as you unlock new house / good building you will want to rearrange settlement anyway).
2. Place 100-150 runestones - really annoying as it requires 2*150 clicks
3. Unlock upgrade.
4. Demolish those 100-150 runestones - very annoying as you need to click demolish button every single time. Another 2*150 clicks.

Are Inno devs some masochists or they just have some agreement with mouse manufacturers? :p
Of couse you have option to pay 600-800 diamonds (for missing diplomacy) to save you from those 600 clicks. But seriously currently I'm just skipping settlements not on main worlds because amount of *clicking* required for last upgrades is just insane.

Maybe diplomacy need some changes? Or some upgrade to UI - so we can build and delete multiple buildings at once. For building last selected building stay and you can click&swipe to put multiple copies. For demolishing you can swipe to mass demolish buildings (like in reconstruction mode).

DeletedUser

You should use markets to produce copper they give a lot of diplomacy and you only need a few extra totems and runestones to unlock clan houses and the willow. By the time you have unlocked the old willow you should have enough copper for the last goods productions -> tear down markets and build willows there, lots of willows. The 8h building time doesn't matter as it is running alongside your last goods productions.

DeletedUser7529

Well even if you put markets everywhere, you still need to gather last ~600 diplomacy with 'decorations'. Usually after I place goods buildings I have enough room to fit only 1 or 2 markets, other buildings are shrines. I dont question different methods of coin production as I find it well balanced.
My only concern is about insane amount of clicking required to put & delete those decorations - runestones / clan totems. Old Willow I find almost useless - you unlock it on very end and it takes a lot of time to build. Its faster to finish settlement with clan totems at the price of *clicking* count tho :p.
It would be really helpful to have some adjustments to mass build or demolish buildings by click&swipe mouse, dont you think?

DeletedUser

agree

stupid building diplomacy only to sell it directly

Andi47

Overlord
Unlocking last 3 upgrades in settlements is really annoying:
1. Once you have all goods - demolish almost all buildings in settlements (mostly no problems, as you unlock new house / good building you will want to rearrange settlement anyway).
2. Place 100-150 runestones - really annoying as it requires 2*150 clicks
3. Unlock upgrade.
4. Demolish those 100-150 runestones - very annoying as you need to click demolish button every single time. Another 2*150 clicks.

Are Inno devs some masochists or they just have some agreement with mouse manufacturers? :p
Of couse you have option to pay 600-800 diamonds (for missing diplomacy) to save you from those 600 clicks. But seriously currently I'm just skipping settlements not on main worlds because amount of *clicking* required for last upgrades is just insane.

Maybe diplomacy need some changes? Or some upgrade to UI - so we can build and delete multiple buildings at once. For building last selected building stay and you can click&swipe to put multiple copies. For demolishing you can swipe to mass demolish buildings (like in reconstruction mode).

Suggestion for Mass-demolish (inspired from the "Anno" series): When using mass demolish by click-and-sweep (or better: click and drag for creating a rectangle) it should demolish EXACTLY every building of the selected type (and nothing else) within the sweep- or rectangle range. And of course it should give a confirmation window:

"Do you really want to demolish those 96 runestones?"

Andi47

Overlord
Well even if you put markets everywhere, you still need to gather last ~600 diplomacy with 'decorations'. Usually after I place goods buildings I have enough room to fit only 1 or 2 markets, other buildings are shrines. I dont question different methods of coin production as I find it well balanced.
My only concern is about insane amount of clicking required to put & delete those decorations - runestones / clan totems. Old Willow I find almost useless - you unlock it on very end and it takes a lot of time to build. Its faster to finish settlement with clan totems at the price of *clicking* count tho :p.
It would be really helpful to have some adjustments to mass build or demolish buildings by click&swipe mouse, dont you think?

I play with a "2/2/3/3 expansions strategy" without any diamonds - and at the point where I unlock old willows I *finally* am at the point where I have enough coins (with 4 goods buildings - last time I had even 5 goods buildings for short time) *and* some extra space. And I fill this extra space with this (screenshot of my village just before the end, with a Mead hall in scaffolds in the right corner):
Beta_Vikings_6_Ende_Willows_highlighted.jpg

Anyway I need either to wait almost 8 hours for the Mead hall to finish, or.... I had to build 38 runestones to fulfill the "have 1200 diplomacy" requirement.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
@ Arran0: Why place so many runestones?
Having done 5 settlements by now, I've never ever encountered the need to do so o_O

DeletedUser

Why place so many runestones?

Coz its a faster strategy, runestones only take one minute to build, so if u just need diplo to unluck something u can do it fast by removing roads and use runestones, and runestones dont need
population.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Coz its a faster strategy, runestones only take one minute to build, so if u just need diplo to unluck something u can do it fast by removing roads and use runestones, and runestones dont need
population.

Although I can appreciate your point, till now I've used a combination of runestone/altars (both 1-minute to build) for reaching the acquired amount of diplomacy - till I was able to build markets - and honestly I never ever needed that many runestones...
You might keep in mind that once built, one can detach the altars and they still contribute to the amount of diplomacy ;)

DeletedUser

till now I've used a combination of runestone/altars (both 1-minute to build) for reaching the acquired amount of diplomacy

Well it also depends on how u do it from start.
Doing the settlement within the timeframe is fine, but if u do it faster then u can start on the next settlement faster and so on.

I dont need to build as many runestones as the one that posted here, but i do use runestones to get dipol point in the first half of the settlement, and removing one shack and a shrine will give u room for twice as many diplo by using runestones insted, and then u can just rebuild those to again, as u said they are just a one minute build.

In the start i also use a few diamonds to get goods so i can unluck, and i do it before i get the next goods, then i have that goods for new land insted :)

A good start is half the job done..... in this case :)

DeletedUser1283

why does every 4th post concerning settlements have
In the start i also use a few diamonds to get goods so i can unluck, and i do it before i get the next goods, then i have that goods for new land insted :)
settlements are nothing than a way to get plyers to spend diamonds !!!!!!

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
For me:
1) Copper stock for the latest resources.
2) removal of shrine and markets
3) Constrution of old willows during resource production.

Old willows are obtained with totem clan.
no time lost and no need for stones.

DeletedUser7529

population.
Exactly, runestones are 1 min build time so its fastest to demolish roads, shrines, shacks (later some goods buildings needs to be demolished too to have enough space) and fill all space with runestones. Once enough diplomacy is reached unlock upgrade, demolish all runestones and rebuild roads, shacks and shrines - with 1 min time. With later upgrades its very time consuming because of UI implementation. Its still faster than with clan totems and 1h build time, but very *click* intensive.
I never use old willows, I prefer clan totems. When I have enough goods I demolish village and build clan totems. After 1 hour I unlock old willow and mead hall. I build and demolish them for quest. And then I place some extra runestones to reach 1200 diplomacy. Once checked I build 6 goods buildings and complete settlement.
This way it takes 1 hour instead of 8 hours waiting for old willows to complete.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
so its fastest to demolish .. shrines, .....
This way it takes 1 hour instead of 8 hours waiting for old willows to complete.
* 1 shrine = 4 runestones
* you can build old willows during the last productions of 8h00 by removing the shrines

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
actually if you sell 1 shrine you can build 8 runestunes
because if you sell 1 shrine you can also sell 1 shack
:p

50112128_2689335537751012_4708823764752662528_o.jpg

in this way I get the market by harvesting a lot of copper.
no clicks for runestone, no time wasted:
resources in 8 + 4 + 8 for 21/22 hours and shrines for 1/2 hours.