• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019 - Closing Thoughts

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8899

Hello,

Last year I won a lvl 8 tholos, so this year i spent my diamond to finish my colossus. I think it’s unfair for people who spend dimond, but it’s Just my opinion...o_O:rolleyes:

DeletedUser1283

Hi guys,
been watching talking to players and now feel i can post something useful. The changes to give amateur league finishers was essential as the only way i can see 98% of players getting that last upgrade without spending diamonds and we were assured last year that a player could always finish without spending diamonds and I think that means at least 10% not just 1 or 2 exceptional players who always complete every event and never ever spend diamonds!!
the change came after the end of the game and this is the way of beta many times so please we need to understand that we get given thousands of diamonds each year for testing purposes and to see what we value them on so Inno can maximise thier returns from diamond spends in the live servers, but i am very pleased players were listerned to and we have seen some good changes in the live servers for this event, because as it stood it was nothing more than INNO miking a cash cow for diamond spend and i suspect it might have been the highest grossing spend of diamonds on a single event in beta, if so lets see if INNO outdoes themselves and manages to milk the live servers of enough diamonds to outdo the "over 1million euros in one day income" they announced during one event last year. My money is on this event being the highest grossing event for INNO ever and on the last day i think it will outgross the 1 million euros earnt last year.
Pretty Sad that INNO now sees FOE as a CashCow and is trying to milk it as much as possible :(

but saying all this the changes were needed and are welcome and go some way to prove that maybe INNO does listern to player feedback :)

DeletedUser9410

People never get happy :p

I'm happy for the ones who now will get a level 10 Colossus. I used diamonds, that was my choice so I don't need the upgrades, but it's all fine.

you can never please everyone.
I for 1 only need 1 more upgrade, i also spent diamonds ( which i got for free, why spend cash on a test server ? )
They could give us all a complete level 10 Colossus for free and some people would STILL complain.
They messed up the event ( they are also human ) and now they seem to have fixed it for the live server and this is their way of saying sorry folks and thanks. ( at least thats how i look at it )
They dont have to do that, the whole point of this server is for us to find and point out the mistakes for them, we all know this before we joined it, as long as they take note of our feedback and make positive changes for the live server, thats what matters.

Rum fix it.jpg

DeletedUser9410

Hello,

Last year I won a lvl 8 tholos, so this year i spent my diamond to finish my colossus. I think it’s unfair for people who spend dimond, but it’s Just my opinion...o_O:rolleyes:

Did you buy the diamonds, or were they the FREE diamonds you get from playing the Beta server?

DeletedUser9410

You seem to be fast quitter - frustating life for you, ay? I learned it is useful to do things in the game to the end, because there is always hope they will change their mind. And I am so pleased I will get my Colossus would get finished. Thanks Inno, I appreciate the gift very much :) :) :)

WELL SAID :cool:

Frankiedk

Squire
You seem to be fast quitter - frustating life for you, ay? I learned it is useful to do things in the game to the end, because there is always hope they will change their mind. And I am so pleased I will get my Colossus would get finished. Thanks Inno, I appreciate the gift very much :) :) :)

Well mister HindSight, aren't you the lucky one....

Please tell me, should i finish something that's useless, to increase my stock? Why should i finish the last task, when i cannot get what i want? In hopes that someone sits down and feels sorry for me? Are Inno know for changing their mind on the main prize? I am STILL missing 2 upgrades for my Tholos, even though i finished THAT event...

Well why would i not use my last footballs. On the second to last day the Daily prize was Watchfire, got 52 in stock, on the last day, it was Rouge Hideout Shrink kit, got 2 in stock, so the only reason i didn't shoot the footballs, was the lacking interesting prizes...

So i didn't quit Fink, i selected to not waste any more time on a, up until yesterday when they announced the changes, very pointless event....
And Fink, before assuming stuff, please be sure YOU are actually right on your assumption, i didn't quit the event because i am a quitter, i didn't finish it because i saw no point WHATSOEVER to add useless stuff to my stock....

And about them changing their minds, WHEN did you learn it is useful to do stuff if they change their minds at a later date, remember they had already done ONE balancing to the event, that STILL DID NOT FINISH the Colossus? When do we EVER see more than one balancing, and WHEN did they EVER do ANYTHING like this. Had they done this "balancing" within the confines of the event time, i would have finished, or at least known that it would get completed, and been a happy camper, but as they are correcting their mistakes AFTER the possibility for me to complete the event, is nice of them, and is nice for you that YOU got what YOU wanted, but for me COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY USELESS... Except, now i got 8 upgrades for the Colossus and the base Colossus building in stock in stead of 6, and the fantastic knowledge, that if i had wasted only 5 more minutes i would have been happy with this final balancing. But i DIDN'T and Hindsight is worthless,

SO in the light of hindsight, YES i should have done the last task, or shot my footballs, but i had wasted plenty of time to get added stock totals, so i opted not to, as they had ALREADY done ONE balancing, i was not expecting to now be accused of being a quitter, for not wanting to add even more Crap to my stock. SO DO NOT CALL ME A QUITTER, MR. HINDSIGHT (That's you Fink, and the peepz that liked your comment)

EDIT: Wrote this after the event had finished in another feedback tread: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...dback-forge-bowl-2019.9888/page-13#post-74476

Last edited:

DeletedUser9666

Is it too late to ask Inno - can you do something about daily specials? Some of the football players had half way good stuff in their prize mixes. Contestant estate would make good daily special for sure...

I am asking because personally, daily prizes bothered me most about this event. I was shopping like crazy during the Winter Event. This time, I kept all my forge balls almost till the end and ended up spending on something I really did not care to have - champion retreat.

Just saying...

DeletedUser9410

Please tell me, should i finish something that's useless, to increase my stock? Why should i finish the last task, when i cannot get what i want? In hopes that someone sits down and feels sorry for me? Are Inno know for changing their mind on the main prize? I am STILL missing 2 upgrades for my Tholos, even though i finished THAT event...

Well why would i not use my last footballs. On the second to last day the Daily prize was Watchfire, got 52 in stock, on the last day, it was Rouge Hideout Shrink kit, got 2 in stock, so the only reason i didn't shoot the footballs, was the lacking interesting prizes...

So i didn't quit Fink, i selected to not waste any more time on a, up until yesterday when they announced the changes, very pointless event....
And Fink, before assuming stuff, please be sure YOU are actually right on your assumption, i didn't quit the event because i am a quitter, i didn't finish it because i saw no point WHATSOEVER to add useless stuff to my stock....

And about them changing their minds, WHEN did you learn it is useful to do stuff if they change their minds at a later date, remember they had already done ONE balancing to the event, that STILL DID NOT FINISH the Colossus? When do we EVER see more than one balancing, and WHEN did they EVER do ANYTHING like this. Had they done this "balancing" within the confines of the event time, i would have finished, or at least known that it would get completed, and been a happy camper, but as they are correcting their mistakes AFTER the possibility for me to complete the event, is nice of them, and is nice for you that YOU got what YOU wanted, but for me COMPLETELY AND TOTALLY USELESS... Except, now i got 8 upgrades for the Colossus and the base Colossus building in stock in stead of 6, and the fantastic knowledge, that if i had wasted only 5 more minutes i would have been happy with this final balancing. But i DIDN'T and Hindsight is worthless,

SO in the light of hindsight, YES i should have done the last task, or shot my footballs, but i had wasted plenty of time to get added stock totals, so i opted not to, as they had ALREADY done ONE balancing, i was not expecting to now be accused of being a quitter, for not wanting to add even more Crap to my stock. SO DO NOT CALL ME A QUITTER, MR. HINDSIGHT (That's you Fink, and the peepz that liked your comment)

EDIT: Wrote this after the event had finished in another feedback tread: https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.c...dback-forge-bowl-2019.9888/page-13#post-74476

You make your choices in life, and have to live with them afterwards.
Win some, lose some, thats life.

DeletedUser

Well, you must be the lucky one here - you sound like you get a daily special EVERY time you do the honor to pick a chest... I sure do not - so FPs or medals I "win" I can always use.

After Kraken, after Oracle-Gate, after Tholoses upgrades on live I learned that you never know what devs might throw to please a hungry crowd. So now you do too. Meet you next year, complaining...?

Emberguard

Emperor
@TwoRivers ive been waiting for the champs retreat to come round again. Haven't seen that or the observatory BPs in ages.

The champ may not be a major want for you, but if I go up the ages I can never go back down. So a lack of champs means either never have a retreat for that age, or wait until one comes around before advancing

@Frankiedk so you made a choice. You chose not to finish the event because you decided you valued your saved time over completing the event and whatever your gain from doing so.

@max-grv if people really preferred expansions then using them to complete a event wouldn't be a option for them. What they'd really prefer is to know ahead of time whether what they're spending on will be rectified in the future. In other words people prefer a guarantee. But that's the nature of Beta - there is no guarantees. Some things will be changed, some won't

DeletedUser8561

thank you for addressing this issue. even though i am i kinda mad that i spent those 1000 diamonds we got on new years just for the last hold for the upgrade kit i feel like this was a good idea to let lower levels have the last upgrade kit. Are people who spent diamonds during that time for footballs going to get refunded for it? Or is that going to to be impossible.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Some here need to understand the diff between a BETA server and a LIVE server. If you don't want to help testing and accept, that thing may go wrong on a test server, then you should not be on BETA as all this whining we have seen in this 3 threads do not really help Inno with the testing.
I feel sorry for the staff here, who have to read all this crying to find some useful info/test resultat to make them fix problems before it hit LIVE servers.
I can understand people complain on LIVE servers if they end up with an building that miss some upgrade after finish of the event.
We are helping here, so that won't happen.
i spent 1400 diamonds to get in to bronze for the last upgrade i needed. will those diamonds be refunded?
Was it not your choice to use this diamond? I did use diamond too, that was my choice and I have no problem with getting 2 updates now, I have no use for.

Sorry for using the word whining, I know it is not nice of me.

Last edited: