• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Forge Bowl 2019 - Closing Thoughts

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8277

Adding the upgrade to the amateur league will certainly help but I do still think live players will be short 1 upgrade. Most players here that did not spend diamonds were short 2 by my own observation and their posting. At least this should help the 'I spent diamonds and still didn't get enough upgrades' portion of the people, which was the boat I found myself in.

I'm surprised and quite appreciative to get the extra upgrades here on beta. I'm sure you were instrumental in getting those for us Zarok, thank you!

DeletedUser9410

fantastic news, thank you very much, makes me far more optimistic about doing the live version now.
Very glad to see that all the feedback was taken in and good changes made to the live version.
Thank you for the extra upgrade kits very much appreciated.:)

DeletedUser7703

I didn't spend any diamonds and achieved 746 yards and I easily achieved level 9. If some players were only achieving level 8 on beta then make sure to pick players that are the most efficient at converting footballs into yards to achieve a maxxed colossus on live.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well personally I'm a little disappointed. I was welcoming the idea of an event where it might have mattered the strategy taken for the mini-game and not just that I completed the quests and spent the currency. These changes should turn the colossus into another powerful participation ribbon.

DeletedUser7454

Very good -- One might still need spend a few diamond to finish the last touchdown (I needed 200) but this change will ensure that everyone can get a fully upgraded Colossus with minimum or no diamonds.

ps. I assume it doesn't apply retrospectively to beta :(

Thunderdome

Emperor
I can pretty much sleep well tonight knowing that every player will be able to get their very own level 10 colossus up in their cities for their efforts.

Still, I am contemplating on whether or not I really want to play a live server to see how far up the chain I can go, but that would be on a different note one day.

DeletedUser

half of the players
50% are in amateur or better
:p

but what are the players on beta doing with the 2nd upgrade they will get ?
or the players who spend diamonds to reach bronze with 2 more ?

ps. I assume it doesn't apply retrospectively to beta :(
you will get 2 free upgrades next week

that is one more than you would get from the amateur league

Frankiedk

Squire
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME...

Now you are giving away for us to have a full colossus, IF we finished the event, but as I could NOT complete Colossus, i saw absolutely no advantages to finish the event, so now i only have 6 upgrades, so 2 will get me to level 9 AGAIN....

So thanks, but NO thanks... You SCREWED me AGAIN, just like Tholos...

SHAME ON YOU

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2019-01-12 - inappropriate text

Last edited by a moderator:

Frankiedk

Squire
With this new information in hand, YOU really need you to open up the Event here on Beta, so i can solve the last taks, and spend my last 2.200 footballs, so i can use you compensation.

If you cannot reopen, i would like to solve the last task: Cal Rogers: "Complete 5 Guild Expedition encounters by negotiating without losing OR Defeat some units" and "Pay some supplies"

And get my last upgrade into stock...

Without it, your Compensation is 100% COMPLETELY USELESS

Inearthed

Farmer
My god so much drama in the comments :D
Thanks for the changes for live servers, and it is very cool to get 2 additional kits, really appreciated. As Colossuss lvl9 still remains a good building i've placed it nonetheless in the construction stage, but now it will be complete, nice.
The idea with construction levels was nice, but as you see unfortunately not very pleasant for all who don't get the full buildung.

DeletedUser8262

The changes for the live servers are very welcome and should go down with everyone there.
Sadly its a different story in beta, some of us, myself included, used diamonds to guarantee getting the colossus to level 10, in the light of this announcement those diamonds were wasted. Others among us on seeing that they had no chance of hitting level 10 didn't complete the quests and now feel upset.
Looking forward please lets not have any more bldgs with scaffolding, it serves no purpose other than to remind players they missed out every time they look at it.
Where an event takes place over a long holiday period IG should really stick to a tried and proven format, in this case I believe the issues raised by players would have been addressed much faster if the devs had been at work rather than on holiday

Emberguard

Emperor
@Frankiedk you seem to be forgetting this is Beta. You're not meant to get everything 100% complete all the time. You're meant to be testing for bugs and balance with the understanding that things could change at any time or be unable to be completed due to it still being in the testing stage. It was your choice not to complete the quests and place more value on how the building looks then anything to do with the actual building output

@rontom diamonds may have been "wasted" but that's precisely why Inno gives free diamonds every time a event comes round on Beta - to test how far you can get on the event and see how far the diamonds stretch

DeletedUser

With this new information in hand, YOU really need you to open up the Event here on Beta, so i can solve the last taks, and spend my last 2.200 footballs, so i can use you compensation.

If you cannot reopen, i would like to solve the last task: Cal Rogers: "Complete 5 Guild Expedition encounters by negotiating without losing OR Defeat some units" and "Pay some supplies"

And get my last upgrade into stock...

Without it, your Compensation is 100% COMPLETELY USELESS
You seem to be fast quitter - frustating life for you, ay? I learned it is useful to do things in the game to the end, because there is always hope they will change their mind. And I am so pleased I will get my Colossus would get finished. Thanks Inno, I appreciate the gift very much :) :) :)