• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I am running xmy settlement on an 8h + 4x4h productions which is the minimum for max rewards for all 15 settlements.

I'm about to finish my 5th settlement tomorrow morning with max reward and I also received max reward for all previous ones (ok, 2nd was cut short after a few days by Inno). Since the rebalancing I'm always doing 2x8h and 1x4h productions. I don't have days left on the timer and I wouldn't have managed without getting some x4 goods. But it is not absolutely necessary to run to your PC or phone every 4 hours during every day to get max rewards, at least not for the early settlements.

Damjan88

Merchant
I'm about to finish my 5th settlement tomorrow morning with max reward and I also received max reward for all previous ones (ok, 2nd was cut short after a few days by Inno). Since the rebalancing I'm always doing 2x8h and 1x4h productions. I don't have days left on the timer and I wouldn't have managed without getting some x4 goods. But it is not absolutely necessary to run to your PC or phone every 4 hours during every day to get max rewards, at least not for the early settlements.

Well the x4 bonuses will play a bigger role in later runs but will happen more often with the increase in chances. But you have a strategy that you are comfortable with and its also not a complicated one :D How many days would it take for you with no bonuses?

DeletedUser

I have no idea, I never calculated that. This run I had two 4h x4 bonuses for mead a few days into the settlement. Then a very long time nothing and I really thought, I wouldn't manage this time. But yesterday afternoon I got an 8h x4. My settlement is running out on Saturday round 7 am. Yesterday evening I started calculating and I would have managed to get the rest of the goods by Friday afternoon provided my copper production was giving enough ... which I'm not sure of and I didn't calculate that. But luckily today I got three x4 for my 8h-overnight productions and one for each good I'm still producing ... Jackpot!!!. So I could even finish today but I will let the Mead Hall build overnight to get the last needed diplomacy. I like to see a real village when finishing it:)

Damjan88

Merchant
Sounds that it would have been close for the max rewards without any bonuses :D I never did the mead hall in my settlements, will have to try it out on the live server just to see what it looks like :D

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I try to make it on live server with 5 towns together with one here on Beta. Unless I'm low in copper, I will run 2x8 hours and 1x4 hours.
I started 4 of the settlemens at same time, one is a little a head of the others as I got 4x10 axes one of the first days and one is a little behind as the stones are really nasty there. I was not going to start # 5 but could not resist, so it is 2 days behind the settlements.
VB2.jpg VD2.jpgVE2.jpg VC2.jpg VA2.jpg
I had to give up making planes for the next days soI just focus on having enough copper and then run as many goods building I can. Time will show if I make it in time

Andi47

Overlord
#6 finished
Beta_Vikings_6_Ende.jpg

When doing without diamonds, it requires 5 production cycles per day - i.e. setting an alarm clock around midnight. I think it would need quite a bunch of luck with boulders and 4x bonuses (which I had in the pictured village) to finish with just 4 cycles per day.

DeletedUser8277

That makes it 1d16h +1d 16h + 16h for a grand total of 4 days continuos goods production to unlock beast hunter, even if you add a full day for the builidnig/rebuilding time you should have it in 5 days
Not gonna lie your math and numbers went a bit over my head =) but I'm trying to follow. Sounds like I'm about 1 day off from ideal however does this method work? Understandably I don't have perfect time so it might not work for me but is this the right way to go about it?

When I unlocked beast hunters I used my first productions to put down 2 more expansions, replaced as many shacks with huts as I could and added 2 more goods buildings. Though as of last night I no longer had enough gold to run 8 hour production cycles so I think I messed it up having buildings running 4 hours when I could not log in to collect them. I'm guessing it's too early for me to be able to run 4? Are other people able to do 4 once they have huts and beast hunters or was I being far too adventurous? By the math it looks like I would be 8K short unless I can do multiple small productions a day. Is that something everyone else is doing to make it on time? I guess I was foolish thinking doing hour long productions earlier would give me enough of a cushion to run more later.

Instead of collecting enough to unlock straight to Wool I think I should stop at markets instead for the added coins.

DeletedUser7703

When I unlocked beast hunters I used my first productions to put down 2 more expansions

I see huts as such a big upgrade I unlock them individually. I have been buying 5th-8th expansion with horns as soon as I have the production, however the sums I have done today suggest that unlocking 5th-10th expansions with horns might save another 6-7hours (over just 5th-8th).

With regards to market places I have found that most optimal layout for my last 2-3 settlements have been to have 1 market place, the 2nd most optimal is to have 0 and run shrines instead. So I have stopped unlocking Market places and just plough on through to Wool Farm. While I like market places over shrines I just find that all the spaces for a 3x3 are taken up by huts & good buildings.

Damjan88

Merchant
How many goods building you can run at any given stage depends really on how many expansions you get and when. I go for the 2-2-2-4 route and basicaly, when i unlock mead i can run 2 goods buildings with the 4 expansions, then i go for goods to do huts and beast at the same time, and with the huts, another 2 expansions i can run 3 goods buildings (however the copper production is at about enough for 3.5 goods building) Then i collect goods to unlock everything till wool farms, delete the 3 goods building i had and build a bunch of clan totems to get the diplomacy for wool. After getting wool and the 4 expansions i can run 4 goods buildings, maybe 5 till the end

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Thanks to all the strategies supplied here, I've been able to successfully complete 5 settlements by now within the first time limit :) and only using a few diamonds, this because I missed a few days of activity around X-mas and really wanted to complete my settlement in time...

As a player I just love the addition of the settlements!
I feel it is a concession to all those players who specifically like the building and logistics part of the game.

For real FoE-fighters the settlements may hold not so much attraction, but they already have neighbors they can attack, GvG and GE-fights ;)

NormaJeane

Viceroy
I'm a fighter, but I like the settlements because I love a lot to "puzzle" it each time out with those random placed impediments and the random choosen goods to unlock advancements after the first 2 fixed (10 Axes and 34 Axes). :)

Ahhhhh, forgot about that puzzle-element!!! which I love as well!
Must admit I'm rather addicted to all kinds of puzzles, even old-fashioned jigsaw puzzles :oops:

DeletedUser8351

I start my 6th colony and I think to take 3 extensions with axes and 3 extensions with mead (before I made 2 extensions by resources but I could not finish my 5th colony in time) :cool:
So, I'm going to increase the number of extensions :rolleyes:

vanguard1

Farmer
ITTO1NE.jpg

This is my settlement after unlocking beast hunter and buying horn expansions. I did two 8 hour collections per day with a few 4 hour collections at the start. I unlocked 2 axe, 3 mead and 6 horn expansions. Currently I can produce 100 goods every day so I will finish in time even if I don't upgrade my huts and shrines.

Last edited:

ditto6000

Farmer
I believe that is the most timeconsuming thing ever added to game and i do not at all like it and my experience is that if not able to be online very often its not easy to progress.. To be honest im not very impressed.. and will not participate..

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I believe that is the most timeconsuming thing ever added to game and i do not at all like it and my experience is that if not able to be online very often its not easy to progress.. To be honest im not very impressed.. and will not participate..
Same could be said about GE, GvG and Daily. Noone say we have to do everything possible in the game.
I do not do GvG, I love GE, but it is to time eating as I hate losing and sometimes it takes both time, lots of goods and even diamond to be sure to get a gold pokal. Of same reason, I choose to be in a one mans guild on 2 out of 5 worlds as I do not have the time for it.
Daily, I mostly let do it self, and if I get something, it's nice.
I love the vikings. Yes the first days do have shacks, that need to be havesting each 4 hours and I may only get the cobber from them 3-4 times a day. I may drop them in a corner without road to get room for more shrines so I can do 2x8 hours and one x 4 hours.
Even if it take you a month to finish the settlement, you will still get the main reward, Yggdrasil upgrades and Emissaries, only the runestone fragments will be lost.
Just visit the settlement when you visit your main town.