• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8351

Hello
I'm in my 5th regulation and I think it's impossible to finish it on time
I am quite active, present casi every hour to make copper productions and yet it is soon finished at the time and still too many resources required to unlock the last two buildings (too much wool demanded)
It is possible to finish in time, but it is hard. I do believe 1-2 days would make more give it a try.
@FrejaSP Indeed, one or two more days on this 5th regulation would be welcome

Last edited by a moderator:

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I don't know if I am the one and only but for me the Vikings are like an repeating event and allways the same-
It's boring and not profitable enough to have this "stress" especially when a regular event is in the town.
Boring, no,
Always the same, no, each settelement is different as the stones and unlock cost are different. Maybe the task could have a few randum rewards.
Not profitable enough, seem ok to me.
To stressful, yes the time are to short for most players, I see a lot give up before they get started.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
Hello
I'm in my 5th regulation and I think it's impossible to finish it on time
I am quite active, present casi every hour to make copper productions and yet it is soon finished at the time and still too many resources required to unlock the last two buildings (too much wool demanded)
It is possible to finish in time, but it is hard. I do believe 1-2 days would make more give it a try.

Remember Shrines and Market gives more cobber than shack and huts. Also get 2-3, even 4 expansions for axes and 2-3 of each of the other goods as you need as many tiles you can get without using diamonds.

Damjan88

Merchant
I'm missing 150 mead away from finishing my 4th settlement (60 will be done i a few hours) with 4d and 10h to go. The 5th one should be 12h less, so it can be done in time but you need to be running copper 24h with a minimum of 1x8h shift and 4x4h shifts. This has provided me with little over than what i needed for my goods buildings, so if you can do shorter runs you will have more breathing room.

Untitled.jpg

I went with 2/2/2/4 expansions with 1 goods building till mead, 2 till horn and 3 till wool farms. After that i demolished the entire city to build 4 wool farms, buy 4 expansions and then i filled the town with huts and markets (to get the copper needed for the end) and then demolished the markets and put 10 axesmiths, then horn and now running mead. If i get any x4 bonus on the mead productions i will be done tomorrow morning with the goods, and then a hour or so for the clan totem finishing strat. With my method i need between 10 and 11 days with no bonuses so i should be good until the 11th settlement, then i need bonuses for the timed rewards.

DeletedUser8277

I've just finished (or will in 8 hours) my second (really first since last one was given) settlement. I began it on November 28th the day of the rebalance. So 42 days that is with logging in about once per day but missing several days around the holidays. Other days I logged on multiple times and did 1 hour collections. At least 3 or so times I sat and did 5min ones for an hour.

I'm not starting another one on beta but I did start one in my live world to see if I can use what's written here to have it go better. Immediately I noticed on live the impediments I had were much more lax then the ones I experienced here. Here not only did I have 2-3 impediments on the starting squares I could not expand anywhere that didn't have impediments also.

In the live game I started with putting down expansions sooner so I could run two goods buildings. I'm now working on having the goods to unlock the hut and the beast hunter at the same time. I have 10 days left and by the looks of it it will take another day and a half to just have enough mead for only those two. Putting me at 8 days left to finish in the top time. I highly doubt that's anywhere close to enough.

I've tried figuring it out on my own, I've tried listening to the advice here about unlocking things all at once. I don't see how this is doable in 15 days at all. I understand a few people were able to make it work. I have no idea how when you wait 5 days to get enough goods for a single quest and there are 20 of them. Not to mention hour to 8 hour build times. I'm going to do it twice on live because I decided the FP emissary was worth that much but judging by my two live guilds reactions to this release, that's 2 more than any of them will be doing. Maybe for a small niche of players this is doable in 15 days and something other than just frustrating but for the rest of us it's not.

LastWarrior

Regent
OK now its live on Main servers a few have put up what goods are need overall when they start.
From this we have noticed a large discrepancy it what is actually needed for each player.
In one case a player had 200 less goods overall to get before completion.
I think this is totally unfair and needs to be looked into and sorting please
Thankyou
Warrior

DeletedUser7951

So 42 days that is with logging in about once per day
I think this is why you can't finish within the time you want. The shortest time limit has to challenge those that log in several times a day every day. Otherwise there wouldn't be much point. I know a lot of people that log in at 8-8-4 cycles and finish so far 4 x here on Beta without much stress and no diamonds, first limit. I assume a huge amount of the players can actually do this, then there's another huge amount of players that the second time frame fits better for.
So
Maybe for a small niche of players this is doable in 15 days and something other than just frustrating but for the rest of us it's not.
Think that niche is bigger than you think.

Then there are two more time limits for those that can't or won't put so much time & effort into it. Even those that really want to take the scenic route will gain the main prize.

On live I have 2 cities, one is doing well, the other is a disaster. Started at the same time. For some reason I plan and think strategically on one server, and being a complete braindead muppet on the other. Still enjoy this part of the game, hope the next one comes soon.

DeletedUser8351

I still have 3h19 before the end of the 5th regulation and I still have 2 buildings to unlock :(
Impossible to finish it in time for me without diamonds although I am connected very very very regularly. So I would have only "the bit" of fragment brought (2) whereas it is 6 when one finishes in time, not even half :(
All this time of lost to come several times a day to finish in time, without getting there, it's sad :(

https://i.postimg.cc/90CfBmG2/Vikings.png

DeletedUser8277

The amount of goods needed is always 938, if someone is getting less or more it is a bug. However I suspect human error.
What I don't quite understand about this is how the distribution being different for everyone doesn't drastically alter the possible results. For instance in my last go through I needed a ton of mead to unlock the very early things. I wish I wrote down the exact amounts but in my new one if I had to wager I'd say it's only half that amount. Yes I do see that towards the end I will need more but I will also have access to markets, huts and all the other goods expansions before then making it infinity easier to make 133 mead for the last building than making 133 mead before you can put down your first market.

When you need the goods sooner you have less room, less coin and can produce less at a time. I don't see this evening out either. If it takes me 11 days to get the mead I need to unlock only the third building I'm not going to have enough time to make more and unlock the others, I can't play catch up from that far behind. On the other hand if you only need loads of mead at the end when you have everything unlocked and can use cheaper wool expansions, the better coin producers you can make a lot in a much smaller amount of time.

Maybe I'm thinking about it wrong but considering they didn't realize you could have so many impediments you actually couldn't even start producing any goods I think it's certainly possible the good distribution is so wacked it's making it virtually impossible for some of us to finish in anything resembling these time lines.

Not saying I'm infallible but to me it's one thing to fail and another to not even comprehend how others are able to make these goods so quickly even if they do all 4 hour rotations. Apart from 8 hours sleep cycle I've been running goods buildings on live for 4 hours and 5 days in I'm still 46 mead away from unlocking beast hunters and if memory serves that is still much better time than I made with the numbers I had to get from beta. I will be able to speed it up once I have enough axes I can pull those up and run 2x mead but I still will not be finishing in time.

DeletedUser7703

The goods for each unlock are also always the same

Shrines = 10 goods
Mead Brewery = 34 goods
Hut = 52 goods
Beast Hunter = 69 goods
Clan Totem = 86 goods
Market = 103 goods
Wool Farm = 120 goods
Clan house = 137 goods
Old Willow = 155 goods
Mead Hall = 172 goods

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I'm now working on having the goods to unlock the hut and the beast hunter at the same time. I have 10 days left and by the looks of it it will take another day and a half to just have enough mead for only those two. Putting me at 8 days left to finish in the top time. I highly doubt that's anywhere close to enough
It seem like you are in much better time this time. I am not much longer than you. I would unlock Hut first as it will give more space and people for shrines and goods buildings.
You may make it in time :)

The goods for each unlock are also always the same

Shrines = 10 goods
Mead Brewery = 34 goods
Hut = 52 goods
Beast Hunter = 69 goods
Clan Totem = 86 goods
Market = 103 goods
Wool Farm = 120 goods
Clan house = 137 goods
Old Willow = 155 goods
Mead Hall = 172 goods

That's true, but it's the TOTAL amount of goods you give us, but how much of each of the 4 cultural goods is random, expect for the first 2 (Shrines and Mead Brewery), those are always 10 Axes, then 34 Axes. ;)

By the way : the place of the impediments are random, but not sure if someone noticed this :
counting the amount of squares of ALL impediments : always 13 squares :
always 4 impediment of 2 squares (size 1 x 2 or 2 x 1) give 8 squares + 5 impediments of size 1 x1 give total of 13 squares ;)

Damjan88

Merchant
Not saying I'm infallible but to me it's one thing to fail and another to not even comprehend how others are able to make these goods so quickly even if they do all 4 hour rotations. Apart from 8 hours sleep cycle I've been running goods buildings on live for 4 hours and 5 days in I'm still 46 mead away from unlocking beast hunters and if memory serves that is still much better time than I made with the numbers I had to get from beta. I will be able to speed it up once I have enough axes I can pull those up and run 2x mead but I still will not be finishing in time.

The amount of goods is always the same, just how much of each is different. This settlement i only needed axes and mead to unlock clan houses, but it still took 137 (54 axe and 83 mead) . The beast hunter needs 69 goods, so what ever ratio (10 axe /59 mead or 35 axe and 34 mead) you need the same amount of production time, by that i mean 7x8h goods production (divided by how ever many goods building you have). The only way you can get unlucky is if you need say 41 axe because you would have to do and extra 4h production for the one axe :D You saying it took you 11 days to get to huts (52 goods in total) because you needed more mead than axes for it is a bit silly :D

As for your second problem :D The beast hunter needs 10 goods for shrines + 34 for mead +52 for huts +69 for beast. In total 165 goods, which in a perfect scenario is 33x4h productions, that should take 5 and 1/2 days to do with just one goods building, and i dont get how you are so behind? How many expansions did you get? How many goods building are you running?

DeletedUser8277

i dont get how you are so behind?
I don't either...

How many expansions did you get? How many goods building are you running?
Here's exactly where I'm at right now.
Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 1.21.29 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 1.21.45 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-01-10 at 1.22.26 AM.png

Currently I have 2 goods buildings, both Mead. I had axes and mead until I had enough axes to unlock both huts and beast hunters. Before I did everything one by one but some of the advice in thread said to unlock en masse so I decided to unlock till beat hunter so I could get beast hunter expansions without spending anymore axes or mead.

I still need another 25 mead, my last two 4 hour productions of the night are about to finish bringing that down to 15. I will set two 8 hour ones before bed leaving me at +5 and I can unlock in the morning. I lucked out with impediments on this one so I was able to put down more shrines, I've also been doing a lot of 1 hour rotations on them so I never need to have a goods building not working.

Previously my method was to put as few expansions as I could until towards the end to not eat up the goods and to unlock everything one by one. This is the one that took me 42 days so what I did wasn't close to working for me.

Based on peoples comments here this time I put expansions down right away, ran 2 goods buildings and will unlock things in bulk till the next goods building/cheeper expansions being available. I have 9 days left though, so I don't think I'm going to make it doing it this way either.

Can anyone point out what exactly it is I'm doing wrong?

Damjan88

Merchant
With 2 goods buildings running all the time you should be making 60 goods per day, but by your posts you made 20 goods in 20 hours and you are a few hours away from another 10. That only means they havent been running all the time

You need 50 axes for shrines+mead+2 expansions. With one goods building running all the time that is 5x8h production or 1d16 hours

Then you need 46 axes which is 5x8h and 75 + 6 for 2 expan and beast hunter /81 mead total and that is 8x8h and and 1x4h. If you ran one of each that means in 1d and 16 hours you are done with axes and are 3x8h and 1x4 hours away from finishing mead which can be done in 16h with 2 goods buildings

That makes it 1d16h +1d 16h + 16h for a grand total of 4 days continuos goods production to unlock beast hunter, even if you add a full day for the builidnig/rebuilding time you should have it in 5 days

Last edited:
That makes it 1d16h +1d 16h + 16h for a grand total of 4 days continuos goods production to unlock beast hunter, even if you add a full day for the builidnig/rebuilding time you should have it in 5 days
Yes settlements are for no real life guys
I don't like that, i have a real life out of foe and cant spend my time clicking on settlements.
Some many players can only connect 1 or 2 times a day and they dont like settlements (me too)

Damjan88

Merchant
I am running xmy settlement on an 8h + 4x4h productions which is the minimum for max rewards for all 15 settlements. If you cannot do that then you will not make the max timed rewards and that is fine because they are bad, but that is no reason to insult people. Timed chalenges are for people with time, the whole purpose of this thread is to help people minimise the time it takes to do 15 settlements in a schedule they can follow. You can run the whole thing with 24h productions it will just take 20+ days fir it. This is a city building game that for once has an active city building element to it, people should like that. If not then either dont play that part or play something that isn't city building :D

Last edited:
I'm "still" learning what the "best" things to do are LOL ... but buying early on enough expansions (no diamonds!!) is way more better imo because you've more room for more of all : more population - more shrines early on - an extra goods building early on ... and it's also less frustrating because having more shrines automatically give you the diplomacy to unlock the next advancement ! No need to build many runestones, no need to delete paths to build runestones ... way more relaxed playing and I don't care for the (best) time reward ... I go for the Yggdrasil upgrades ...