• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: zoom level leaving cultural settlements [52265]

Each time i leave cultural settlements zoom level of my city is reset to middle.

Do not touch my zoom level !!!! it is MY zoom level !!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(And save the info somewhere that I do not have to reconfigure it every time I connect to the game)

Emberguard

Emperor
Hmm. So we've got so far:
2560 x 1298 - 1 zoom setting (fully zoomed in when returning to city) - (27" screen)
1920 x 969 - 2 zoom settings
1208 x 611 - 3 zoom settings (13" screen)

Seems you're somewhere within a radius of 712 x 358 pixels excess of having the 3rd zoom setting. @SirFrancis

@Prom d Exolandia what's the size of your screen?

You can find the viewport under settings and the "About" tab
upload_2019-1-9_14-6-32.png

Agreed though that the zoom should be determined by the main city independent of what the settlement uses

Last edited:
1.144.75aef148ce1 (08.01.2019 9:21), Prom d Exolandia (170787), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 10, Firefox/64.0, 1303x666, OpenGL Vendor=Mozilla Version=WebGL 2.0 Renderer=Mozilla GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (512 MB VRAM)

My screen resolution on w10 is 1366x768

What Inno maybe does not consider: Also a design fault is a bug :) . And here the design fault is that city and Vikings share the same zoom level variable. If they are independent it would work.
Yes and no, i do not touch the zoom level on cultural settlements then if that was the same var zoom level would be min zoom on settlements but inno set it to medium.
Settlements is yet a constraint cause of elapse time necessary to do them, with that zoom level bug many players would not going to use settlements for a long time yet.

And sorry but you change my settings, that's a bug

DeletedUser

Still not a bug but we are looking into improving this.