• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected continent for events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dessire

Regent
the idea:
-for long events like the actual one (winter event), put available a continent divided in parts and each part in sectors (like a normal continent) .

-depending on the duration of the event, the continent can be divided in 2 to 4 or 5 parts. and each part in 3 to 5 sectors?

-you can negotiate or use your military units to aquire one sector but depending on your desision of attack or negotiate, you'll get one prize or another when you aquire all sectors of that part.

-each sector require 12 hours to be explored (?)

-as a final reward (after acquire all parts) you can get special reward? like 1 event expansion. (1 extra expansion for your city but that means devs must add x number of extra expansions acquirable via events, or special building or an item that let you reduce all your building productions (and GB too!) by 24 hours, or a pack of 5 shrink it items to shrink terrace farms (?)..

so in simple words, add a special continent for events as a new feature to get the your reward and depending on if you attack to acquire sectors or not, your mini reward for that part will be X or Y.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/acquirable

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
There would need to be an option whether or not to do that. We already have continents we have to conquer, and I personally don't need yet another continent to have to throw goods/diamonds/troops at. Especially for an event. There's enough of that already.

DeletedUser8859

There would need to be an option whether or not to do that. We already have continents we have to conquer, and I personally don't need yet another continent to have to throw goods/diamonds/troops at. Especially for an event. There's enough of that already.

Enough? Yes, but many, many, many people do not want to use (waste?) sectors / provinces from the continent map on events.

DeletedUser8859

-you can negotiate or use your military units to aquire one sector but depending on your desision of attack or negotiate, you'll get one prize or another when you aquire all sectors of that part.

If Battle and Negotiation are two (2) valid and equivalent methods to obtain a sector, why different rewards to be given based on method selected?

This would bring in complaints like: "Why players using a warrior strategy style get a better reward than players using negotiation?"

DeletedUser8859

-as a final reward (after acquire all parts) you can get special reward? like 1 event expansion. (1 extra expansion for your city but that means devs must add x number of extra expansions acquirable via events, or special building or an item that let you reduce all your building productions (and GB too!) by 24 hours, or a pack of 5 shrink it items to shrink terrace farms (?)..

"Event Expansions"
Say the Developers define the new category "Event Expansions" and add new 12 possible expansions under this category. After the 12th Event granting "Event Expansions" a number of the Active Players will have obtained all possible expansions available. Now what? Inno to increase to 15 for these players be able to get a new one on next event?

Pack of 5 shrink it items to shrink terrace farms
Even one Terrace Farm Shrink Kit would be an excellent prize.

DeletedUser

there won't be event expansions

and if Innogames want players to get more expansions and more continent action they can simply add bonus provinces to the many clouds on the current continent map

DeletedUser8859

With the use of tabs (like the VF Continent Map as a layer over the normal Continent Map) Inno is not longer limited to the clouds areas still available around the Continent Map.

DeletedUser9410

I like the idea of a separate continent map to be used specifically just for events, so you dont advance too far in the normal map. Or worse run out of sectors or provinces. ( by this i mean finishing your age section and being forced to advance to a higher age map )

But not in the format suggested as that reads more like a complete quest in itself.

I dont see why there should be any special rewards for doing the map sections, as you get the event reward for completing the quest anyway. ( after all this is the only purpose of the map )

As Darrth Eugene Vader suggests, perhaps the event map could be in another tab, and perhaps reset after the event is finished, to be used next time again.
There could be a separate continent for each age with perhaps 4 to 6 provinces and 6 to 8 sectors. (Obviously iv just picked random numbers here ) and each player doing the parts relevant to their own age.

Last edited by a moderator:

WykkenFenn

Viceroy

Enough? Yes, but many, many, many people do not want to use (waste?) sectors / provinces from the continent map on events.

If a player is interested, great, if they're not, they shouldn't be forced to do it. That was my point. And I was speaking for myself when I made my post.

DeletedUser9410

If a player is interested, great, if they're not, they shouldn't be forced to do it. That was my point. And I was speaking for myself when I made my post.

I agree, the player should have the option of doing the normal map, ( in which case everything that happens there would work as usual, eg you would get whatever the map had as a reward + the quest completed )
Or doing the events map ( for which you would get no special reward except the event quest reward )

No player would get any special advantage by doing either of them, i dont see anyway of abusing this as it will only be for the event.

DeletedUser8859

The "Events Continent Map" could be a parallel Map similar to the VF Continent Map, independent of the Continent Map and based on Fantasy / Magic like some of the events are:
  • Winter Event: Explore the artic region and find Santa Claus' North Pole area with toymaking elves, flying reindeers, etc.
  • Halloween Event: Europe / Transylvania filled with dark fantasy characters: witches, warlocks, werewolves, vampires, ghosts, …
  • Spring Event: Asia setting in medieval times with dragons, and other mythical creatures / characters?
  • Summer Event: Bring back the Ships and Pirate setting with sea monsters like Kraken, giant Sea Serpents, sea battles, treasure islands, …
  • Forge Bowl or Sport Event: Anciert Greece Olympics with mythical creatures alsolike Centaurs, Minotaurs, Fauns, others...

DeletedUser8859

I dont see why there should be any special rewards for doing the map sections, as you get the event reward for completing the quest anyway. ( after all this is the only purpose of the map )

As proposed the event quest would be conquer the sector, and the quest reward is the "special reward" associated with the sector.

The Province reward would be the equivalent to the special reward we get by completing x number of event quests, like the 300 stars in the current one.

The final event reward would be the reward for completing all the map.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
The "Events Continent Map" could be a parallel Map similar to the VF Continent Map, independent of the Continent Map and based on Fantasy / Magic like some of the events are:
  • Winter Event: Explore the artic region and find Santa Claus' North Pole area with toymaking elves, flying reindeers, etc.
  • Halloween Event: Europe / Transylvania filled with dark fantasy characters: witches, warlocks, werewolves, vampires, ghosts, …
  • Spring Event: Asia setting in medieval times with dragons, and other mythical creatures / characters?
  • Summer Event: Bring back the Ships and Pirate setting with sea monsters like Kraken, giant Sea Serpents, sea battles, treasure islands, …
  • Forge Bowl or Sport Event: Anciert Greece Olympics with mythical creatures alsolike Centaurs, Minotaurs, Fauns, others...

As proposed the event quest would be conquer the sector, and the quest reward is the "special reward" associated with the sector.

The Province reward would be the equivalent to the special reward we get by completing x number of event quests, like the 300 stars in the current one.

Might as well make that the whole event in and of itself, rather than a quest option in an event we already get.

DeletedUser9410

i understand this, but that seems to be an event in itself.

where i was going is that in normal events such as the winter one, you get quests such as negotiate or fight x number of sectors, or complete a province or scout a province, my thought was that many players have problems with these as it might mean they would have to advance to higher age map sections through not having enough sectors to complete.
So this would be a separate map just for the purpose of the event, and therefore completing what was required for the event quest would give you the quest reward, irrespective of which map you did it on.
You would not necessarily complete the whole map, depending on the number of map related quests the event had.
The map would only be available during the event as it has no other purpose.

Emberguard

Emperor
the idea:
-for long events like the actual one (winter event), put available a continent divided in parts and each part in sectors (like a normal continent) .

-depending on the duration of the event, the continent can be divided in 2 to 4 or 5 parts. and each part in 3 to 5 sectors?

-you can negotiate or use your military units to aquire one sector but depending on your desision of attack or negotiate, you'll get one prize or another when you aquire all sectors of that part

If we have a small island that is event only and remains unchanged in size but resets for each event AND the player can choose whether to use the event map or the main continent map to complete the event with then +1

-as a final reward (after acquire all parts) you can get special reward? like 1 event expansion. (1 extra expansion for your city but that means devs must add x number of extra expansions acquirable via events,
-1 Bad idea. Not simply because it's a expansion, but because fundamentally the game is built so that any player can catch up to the top player with time as far as building a city goes. Once you start tossing in expansions for events that's no longer true without preventing those that already got a prize from being able to get a prize later down the track for a future event. It becomes messy.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

No. If a player doesn't want to go ahead with the map, skip an event. It's not like it used to be, 4 events per year. There's plenty of them now, strategize or die trying. Campers has to struggle and weight between options.

DeletedUser9410

If we have a small island that is event only and remains unchanged in size but resets for each event AND the player can choose whether to use the event map of the main continent map to complete the event with then +1

YES, exactly what i was trying to say.
Thank you.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.