• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

FP's on others GB's

NorMags

Baronet
Is there somewhere in the rules that says you cannot put FP's on others GB's if they have told you not to do it? One member in my guild on Norwegian server has been told by the CM that actions will be taken against him if he continue to do so.

DeletedUser8963

Nope, there are no rules like that and there can't be rules that prevent such thing.

Most CMs aren't playing this game at all (on en servers for sure) and their real game knowledge is very limited.

DeletedUser

Most CMs aren't playing this game at all

Excuse me, I am here 7 days a week :D

As to the OP. There is no specific rule against donating even if a GB owner asks you not to, unless it was part of a larger rule breach issue, but as I do not know any details of this specific case I have no way of knowing.
Most players I see that don't want donations just disconnect their GB.

NorMags

Baronet
The CM was referring to rule no.9 about respecting other players, and asking him to respect other players wish not to take any places on their GB's. So maybe educate that CM? Pretty serious if he starts making up his own rules...

DeletedUser8859

The game allows the player to invest in any guildmembers, friends and neighbors GBs.

Some GB owners try to reserve top 5 rewarding positions to specific players, mostly to their own guild members. But they cant control that (unless by connecting / disconnecting the GB from roads). If a neighbor notice an investment opportunity in the GB, and it is connected at that time the donating will enter and a top 5 position could be secured by the investing neighbor.

Now, if the GB Owner write a message asking for no donations from me (as his neighbor) to his GB.
  • Replying to his/her message in a polite way, and telling that I intend to continue donating to the GB...,
    • is that disrespecting a player and a breach of Rule No. 9??
    • I'm forced to follow his/her request? YES or NO?
    • I do not think so. Please confirm.
  • Ignoring his/her request, (no reply), and continue using what the game allows me to do (investing in a neighbor GB)
  • If I reply his/her message with an insult, then
    • I would agree of a breach of rule 9, not for keep donating FPs to the GB against the GB owner wish / request, but for insulting a player.

I see this equivalent to a plundered neighbor asking his/her attacking neighbor to stop the plundering to his/her city.
  • Is the Plunderer disrespecting the plundering victim by ignoring his/her request??
  • I'm forced to follow his/her request of stop attacks / plunder actions?
  • No, definitely NO.

Last edited by a moderator:

NorMags

Baronet
The game allows the player to invest in any guildmembers, friends and neighbors GBs.

Some GB owners try to reserve top 5 rewarding positions to specific players, mostly to their own guild members. But they cant control that (unless by connecting / disconnecting the GB from roads). If a neighbor notice an investment opportunity in the GB, and it is connected at that time the donating will enter and a top 5 position could be secured by the investing neighbor.

Now, if the GB Owner write a message asking for no donations from me (as his neighbor) to his GB.
  • Replying to his/her message in a polite way, and telling that I intend to continue donating to the GB...,
  • Ignoring his/her request, (no reply), and continue using what the game allows me to do (investing in a neighbor GB)
  • If I reply his/her message with an insult, then
    • I would agree of a breach of rule 9, not for keep donating FPs to the GB against the GB owner wish / request, but for insulting a player.

I see this equivalent to a plundered neighbor asking his/her attacking neighbor to stop the plundering to his/her city.
  • Is the Plunderer disrespecting the plundering victim by ignoring his/her request??
  • I'm forced to follow his/her request of stop attacks / plunder actions?
  • No, definitely NO.
I totally agree with you, but at the same time in that rule no.9 you can find this :

"The Community Management of the **** version of Forge of Empires are the final arbiters of
any rules dispute. Their interpretation of these rules is final.
Forge of Empires Team reserves the right to exclude anyone from the game."

So i find this a little disturbing... if that CM says it's a breach of the rules and excludes the player? There is nothing to do? :confused:

Emberguard

Emperor
That sounds a little strange. No player has the right to dictate to another player how to play within what the game was designed to allow. Based on what has been said here I'd have said the GB owner is disrespecting the other players right to use their FPs in the way they were designed to be used.

Without context of the conversation I'd have said it boils down to this: Does one player have the right to control another players account? No? Then they have no say in how another player uses that account as far as playing goes - that should include where FPs are invested.

However if the CM (or any mod) says "do/don't do X" as a matter of moderation in regards to the game/forum then I'd recommend you respect the decision made. You could appeal the decision or ask for clarification on why they came to that conclusion - but I wouldn't go out of your way to go against it when playing even if you disagree with the conclusion. These are still people trying to do their job making the decisions and there's always going to be points that people disagree on no matter how fair the judge due to interpretation, culture differences and just plain difference of opinion. Someone has to make the final decision on how things are run - and whether you like it or not, that's their job, not ours

If after appealing the decision still stands - fine. Just don't donate to that player. There should be others your mate could donate to

@Amy Steele
@Zarok Dai
if a player ignores another player in game would that stop them from being able to contribute to any GBs?

'Cause if it did.... That would be a pretty hard and fast way of preventing unwanted donations

Last edited:

DeletedUser

to who can a player report a CM abusing his power ?

because if the CM really said that he is clearly abusing his power
he can't forbid players to donate somewhere

and what would be next if a CM would be allowed to do that ?
banned for plundering a neighbor ?

but a player could delete his GB to teach another player a lesson for donating in his GB :p

Most players I see that don't want donations just disconnect their GB.
I love smart players who disconnect their Arc to prevent donations :D

DeletedUser

Regardless of their requests, as long as the GB is connected you can donate to it.

DeletedUser8859

Regardless of their requests, as long as the GB is connected you can donate to it.

So, no breach of Rule 9 for continue donations regardless request to stop.
Similar to keep plundering a neighbor besides messages from him/her asking to stop.

The CM instead of forbidding future donations should remove one of the players from the neighborhood to solve the issue (at least for next levels of the GB).

DeletedUser

I suspect this case being discussed has much more to it than anyone is aware.
Personally I don't think it's good to speculate as to the actions of any support member. The parties involved have the right to ask for an explanation, but for the rest of us, it's really none of our business.
As to the donating discussion in general, I have already clarified that.
Good gaming everyone :)

DeletedUser

The CM instead of forbidding future donations should remove one of the players from the neighborhood to solve the issue (at least for next levels of the GB).
that would still be a CM abusing his power

a CM moving a player away because he doesn't want a neighbor to do something that is allowed in the game is cheating

and for that reason a CM who is doing that should be punished or even fired

DeletedUser7951

Knowing that CM, I'm actually interested if there is a place where one could report a CM to a higher ups?

NorMags

Baronet
I suspect this case being discussed has much more to it than anyone is aware.
No it doesn't. The player is extremely active in finding GB's to donate to, and a large number of players being angry at him, reporting him to support. If he had reported some of them i think a lot of them would be excluded for the language they use in their messages to him, but he just ignores most of them. I suspect the CM is tired of all the complaints against him and thats why he contacted him with a warning.
And he got another warning for telling me about it, and i wrote to support asking if they had lost their mind completely.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser8963

to who can a player report a CM abusing his power ?

You can request the second CM (or CCM) to talk to you (if there is more than one in that world). The second CM, however, would probably not overturn one's decision due to cartelization.

However, that happens and it isn't much you can do, except write a letter directly to Inno. All internet communications channels are directed back to CMs (forum, tickets, social media).

Quite simply, if CM told someone that donating to some GB after owner request is against the rules - that's wrong and you should ignore that. (I'd probably go further and answer my opinion more clearly than just ignoring it).

If Inno wanted to allow people to "block certain people from donating to their GBs" they would simply implement it - in a way like ignore list works. But they didn't, you also can not prevent someone from attacking you in your hood, regardless of how polite message that person sends to you asking you not to. He can only use city shield if he wants - a tool that is implemented in a game for that particular reason. A costly tool too, when tavern silver is in question.

As someone mentioned above, you shall not insult other players and so on. Donating to their GBs is not insulting, it's playing by the rules.

If someone gets banned because of CM abusing his power - so be it, leave this game, you really want to play a game where ones who make those decisions are actually a protected cartel?

DeletedUser8963

Excuse me, I am here 7 days a week

On a Forum? Not denying that. You were also quite excited about Vikings, which turned out to be watching a grass grow... which isn't bad by itself, but outlines how mods and CMs mostly play this game :)

DeletedUser7951

You can request the second CM (or CCM) to talk to you
In this case there is only one
So then
write a letter directly to Inno.
Have a suspicion that goes straight to junkmail
CM abusing his power - so be it, leave this game
Yeah, that is my approach too. If I ever have to issue a ticket to support there, I rather delete and move on than deal with this CM. And I recommend everybody else to do the same.

But it really is sad if that is the only way to deal with one rotten apple.

DeletedUser8963

On the forum, on in-game support, and in the game. I didn't realize I was 'excited' about settlements. Maybe our definitions of excited differ just a bit :D

Could be, that's an impression I got.

Btw, on beta (which is I assume your main world) you have 4 million points and ~1200 battles... we also might have a different definition of actively playing too :) EN forum admin Amy Steele, 4.2m points and ~1000 battles in how many years of playing? LM used to play, other 2 CMs... lol

That's quite common among CMs and mods, does not necessarily mean you don't do your job well (overall I would rate support quite high compared to other games), however, it's obvious when a serious question comes into play that there is simply a lack of experience and real ingame knowledge.

Back to topic, your first answer on this thread was correct, end of discussion, that, however, didn't solve OPs issue with CM's lack of knowledge or even worse - lack of neutrality.