• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Cultural Settlements

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emberguard

Emperor
It would be helpful if we could see our current stock of Vikings goods without having to look at other things. If future cultures are only intended to have 4 goods it could easily be fit up the top. Either all on one side, or 2 on one and 2 on the other side.

Alternatively I wouldn't mind it having it's own tab separate from the research tree

Goods_1.jpeg

goods_bar.jpeg

Goods_2.jpeg

Goods_Tab.jpeg

DeletedUser

Suggestion:

Could we have a shipyard as a separate building outside the town limits, this shipyard could have the same production times as production buildings.

In the shipyard we would be helping the vikings making tools or planks.
The rewards for helping could be some minor stuff as:
1. Some small amount of diplomatic points
2. Small reward of some kind
3. a few FP
4. a viking style watchfire that gives +5 def
or something else.

The point of it would mostly be a reason to play the settlement a bit more.
When we get the egyptians we could have a quarry.

Last edited by a moderator:

esoterism

Squire
Hi,
CAN WE GET ACCESS TO THE CHAT and MESSAGE SYSTEM FROM THE SETTLEMENT ?
CAN WE GET AN INDICATOR THAT an ACTION is REQUIRED in the SETTLEMENT ?
CAN WE GET ADMIN ACTION ON THIS !!
PLEASE !!
Regards,

DeletedUser

we need information about the levels of the tree already on the level 1 tree
we can't get those from the settlement

easy solution
the tree has also the ? on the upper right corner
and when clicking it it will show the same information as the upgrade kit will show

DeletedUser

Suggestion

Could the level 5 greater runestone have 4 options where u could pick:
(this is for middle age)
1. Def +2%
2. Att +2%
3. Supply boost +1% (all ages)
4 Coin boost +1% (all ages)

And maybe add a few more coins to the 600, a SoK give 1000

DeletedUser9541

Comments on "Vikings" settlement
Whales look cool, but the old deer butting heads would freeze here. Wouldn't giving them fur as elk (and roaming) be better?
I don't think Vikings would live with "obstacles" in their settlements. They could pay 5 mead to get trees removed and 5 horn to clear the rocks. (Using 2nd or 3rd level good would mean waiting a bit in development to do an elevated task).
I used 500 diamonds for one expansion (since we were given twice that for testing in Beta) but probably will go the natural expansion route in future settlements, if I don't get totally bored testing the first.

shooter

Merchant
You lose a lot of copper in the overnight all buildings should be able to run at 8 hours as this is a timed scenario. While I can pay an extra 30 copper to set my good for 8 hours at 230 copper. Im also losing the copper I would have collected from my 10 shacks and 7 shrines being 310 copper if I skip a 4 hour collection. Neither the shacks or the shrines can be independent of one another to start another good right now in my 9 open spaces. Two goods buildings cost too much to support yet till I do gain more space. I did spend 500 diamonds on an expansion as its a long wait to get started on a new thing, but probably would not on main. I bought 2 axe expansions, got 1 mead last night and another this morning. Figure to get another with the mead then maybe try to open next good keeping expansions cheaper. This is all on the fly.. yesterday I had thought to have 2 goods buildings which as said above was a failure of not enough coin..I prefer GVG to building ... Once the newness goes away I doubt highly my commitment to picking up copper every 4 hours and figuring out new city layouts over and over again, decorating is not my thing. This needs some tweeks. It reminds me of Pioneer Trail on Face book years ago. You started off shoot cities out of a main one in different screens.

The roads are also hard to see. Plz be aware of old people have bad eyesight :)

Last edited:

DeletedUser9541

Agree with Shooter. (We lost the need to check in excessively when the 5min, 15min, 1hr, 4hr, 8hr chest thing ended)
Add to my comment above his. Wool to remove space rock formations.

DeletedUser

That's your opinion. Please don't insult people who are actually happy with this feature. Just because the results are not as fast as you wish does not make it wrong. I think it has been said somewhere, that this feature was also meant for people who are not 24/7 on line.
For me, this is a good addition to the game, it is something new to do with good rewards (who does not need extra PF or attack bonus in a small building?).
I did not insult people who are happy with this feature in my post. If I did something to them at all, I had rather payed them a compliment saying they are NOT SO STUPID... If you highlight/read/quote only one part of the sentence and not pay attention what is wrote futher - it's only your fault, that you are feeling insulted...

I have no problem with your opinion and yes, you may feel free to jump over the ceiling. But do not take from me MY right to have an opinion and do not make it insult for everyone, who can read with understanding.

And with rewards being good - I play the game some over 2 years. During that time, making a lot of mistakes and wasting time correcting them, I yet managed to gather over 600 FPs daily and over 100% attack bonus throught various event buildings. So please, don't tell me, that spending almost half of this time to gather 6 FPs and maybe 10% attack bonus - that it is getting "good" reward. It is clearly not. And I do not care about FPs, medals (especially not medals!), goods gathered along the way through the questline - I get better and more during that time from reccuring quests. For me - I dare you to highlight this! - for me, it's not only boring and hardly challenging feature, but also not rewarding.

And I do like to sleep, I do have real life, family and job. So stop putting on and on this argument about people being 24/7 online, because that argument is insulting. Maybe, just maybe (do not forget to highlight this, as being the most important part of the whole sentence!), I do know how to play better and get results faster - and that does not make my opinion less valid than yours, you know?

DeletedUser9542

I echo the comment from Shooter re: graphics. Appear fuzzy to me!
Its early days for me in the Settlement and maybe I've missed it, but is there any combat? Has Innogames ignored the most, for me anyway, fun part of the game?

Praeceptor

Marquis
A couple of days in...

I had a load of diamonds spare so I thought I'd buy all the diamond expansions for the first run through to speed things up. Even so, the feature is stagnating. It will be 50 hours before I can unlock the Beast Hunter - in the meantime all I can do is log in every 4 hours to collect copper coins.

There's a lot of good ideas here, but not much gameplay in the early stages. I can't see me spending diamonds on the live servers.

WykkenFenn

Viceroy
Suggestion:

Could we have a shipyard as a separate building outside the town limits, this shipyard could have the same production times as production buildings.

In the shipyard we would be helping the vikings making tools or planks.
The rewards for helping could be some minor stuff as:
1. Some small amount of diplomatic points
2. Small reward of some kind
3. a few FP
4. a viking style watchfire that gives +5 def
or something else.

The point of it would mostly be a reason to play the settlement a bit more.
When we get the egyptians we could have a quarry.

Yes, please.

#4 is my favorite there. I personally wouldn't mind receiving a watchfire in the style of each culture we interact with. For me it would make them more aesthetically pleasing, and I'd be much less inclined to hide them behind things. :p

+1 for the whole suggestion.

DeletedUser8963

I think many people WILL play this new feature, as a reward that you get in your main city is very appealing.

Thus said, if Inno is happy that people will play a new feature that's being developed for a long while only because people want that prize, so be it. There is little or no fun in it (obviously, some will spend diamonds on it too, so that keeps Inno happy too)

Players are playing FoE because it gives them something fun, whether it's GvG, GE, smashing your hood, or just building your empire.

Settlements won't fit into any of those categories, they will fit into 24x4 hrs quests that people aren't having fun doing, but do it for the sake of rewards.

Inno wanted money via diamonds? They will probably get it.
Inno wanted people to have fun? Go fix a game (looking at GvG mostly) rather than spend resources on something that's boring.

DeletedUser

The expansions are too expensive compared to real plot expansions. The later are worthwhile to invest in as it will stay there forever. Pay 2000 diamonds (4 expansions) that temporary is very expensive. I do not say one needs to buy them but rather that they are overpriced. Maybe we need another mechanics to get expansions -- could be even medals -- and they could be prorated based on players age.
Yes, please! A solution for piles of medals.

DeletedUser9042

You complete the questline and you can then 'Finish' the Settlement. This erases everything from the Settlement itself, and grants you the rewards. The rewards go to your main city Inventory and you can use them from there.

None of the rewards, at least currently, are in any way usable in the Settlements. They're meant to boost your main city gameplay. :)

Thanks for the clarification :)

Status
Not open for further replies.