• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Incidents on two-lane streets missing

Artubar

Baronet
Reproduction Steps:
Simply play FoE and collect incidents.

Issue Description (10/10):
Incidents on two-lane streets don't show up since quite a long time now.
On my main main world with plenty of two-laned streets I haven't seen any since the early days of introducing the incidents, and I haven't missed any (checking server data).
Here on Beta I only have a tiny Iron Age village, and therefore no two-laned streets. But I'm getting an average of 3 two-lane incidents assigned per day (those with context: cityRoadBig) - which never show up due lack of broad streets.

Therefore my assumption: There's a server-side bug in the code creating those incidents - there's indeed a check if the player has any 2-laned streets, but the result is evaluated the wrong way round.

(As this is a pure server side bug, it happens in all browsers, both Flash & HTML5, and in the app.)
I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes sir.

____
P.S.: When creating a bug thread, there's a note saying "Found a bug? Want to see if one is already confirmed? Look here!" - but there is no "here". Should there be a link to the confirmed bug section or the search?

DeletedUser

I had 2 lane incidents in the last few days. I am not sure I see an issue here.

P.S.: When creating a bug thread, there's a note saying "Found a bug? Want to see if one is already confirmed? Look here!" - but there is no "here". Should there be a link to the confirmed bug section or the search?

I am restructuring some of this and will make sure all links work when it's posted, thanks :)

Artubar

Baronet
I had 2 lane incidents in the last few days.
Hm - strange. I've asked a few people from my guild about their incidents, and they didn't have them, too.

Ok, just in case it's somehow related to my accounts:
  • zz1 : 179202 : getting 2-laned incidents which don't show up in my Iron Age city (naturally).
  • de1 : 1574452 : Never getting those 2-laned incidents despite having plenty of 2-laned streets (from OF, AF & Future).
    ('Never' is at least for ~7 months, since then I'm collecting statistical data about the incidents & rewards)

NorMags

Baronet
I can confirm what Exegghead says, haven't found an incident on 2 lane streets for a very long time, neither here or on live.

NorMags

Baronet
I had 3 of them yesterday so they appear to be working.
For some it does, for other they don't apparently. And i can guarantee you i've checked for it and haven't found any for months.
I thought they were removed for all so i did not report it earlier. Maybe OS/Browser dependent?

Flash
1.136.a861c1d9ba (21.09.2018 9:20), NorMags (104209), zz1, en_US, WIN 17,0,0,188, Windows 7, MSIE 11.0, 1920x940, DirectX9 (Baseline Extended) (336 MB VRAM)

Last edited:

Mr.Quib

Squire
On my live server i'm on OF and no incident on two lane too (HTML5/Firefox/Win10)
I've never had them either on live, but someone once pointed out that seems to be related to the fact that these roads are 'Oceanic'. Will see what happens when I get the VF roads.

DeletedUser

So, just to be clear this is not a bug.
What is occurring is we block certain 2x2 road incidents, especially in OF an VF as the incidents (for example a pothole) make no sense on these types of roads.
This doesn't mean you get less incidents, it just means they won't be on your 2x2 roads.

NorMags

Baronet
So, nobody get an incident on 2x2 OF and VF roads?
And why hasn't it been announced?

Last edited:

DeletedUser

So, nobody get an incident on 2x2 OF and VF roads?
And why hasn't it been announced?

It's always been this way. I'm not sure why I didn't specifically announce it, though I guess I assumed that things like potholes on water roads wouldn't make sense to anyone anyway. My apologies for the confusion.

DeletedUser

And why not have specific 2x2 OF/VF roads incidents ? like a maelstrom for example ;)

I would guess because it would take some time to do new graphics, and then logic conditions to only use the new graphics for players of specific ages (assuming they had roads of that age). So it was just simpler to remove them from 2x2's and add an incident somewhere else.
Though I am just guessing here :)

Artubar

Baronet
What is occurring is we block certain 2x2 road incidents, especially in OF an VF as the incidents (...) make no sense on these types of roads.
I'm in OF, but most of my 2-laned roads are solid ones from Future & AF. Is only the player age taken into account when checking which incidents to spawn?

How about single road incidents? I only seem to get the fallen tree, no potholes or roadblocks.
Same here. Perhaps the same reason mentioned above?

This doesn't mean you get less incidents, it just means they won't be on your 2x2 roads.
Right, that goes fine with my observations. But in the other case - low age, no 2-laned streets available - you get the same average amount, but you can't collect the 2x2 incidents because they never show up due to the lack of appropriate locations.
So in fact, you get less there.

So this is no bug, but an annoying flaw... it wouldn't be too complicated to change the overall age check to a more reasonable street type existence check.