• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

FoE-Toolbox => all compact on one page

DeletedUser8120

A collection of the tools you need for daily FoE play, clearly arranged on one page:

GB machines
Surpassing and Safe
GE machines
Proprietary overviews of all major GGs
Event quests of current events
Link Collection
and much more.

https://diefleissigen.jimdo.com/
In addition to the calculators side, a lot more information is provided. Some examples:
32714944yk.jpg

32714974hs.png

32714964oa.png

32714978lz.jpg

https://diefleissigen.jimdo.com/
ps
The page is
  • also very usable in the standard view on mobile and tablet,
  • a German language one with google translate options at the bottom of each page
EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-06-09 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added. Max size allowed is: 600x480 pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:

MagicMiam

Steward
To compare fp production vs size, you should take also the roads needed for all buildings.
A SoK (SDW ?) takes 4 squares but if you want to have a farm of SoKs they really take 5 squares each (1 road per building).
For all the buildings, if you consider that a road is placed on the shortest edge and is used on both sides you have to add 1/2 of its shortest dimension.

Example :
  • SoK = 4+ 1/2 x 2 = 5 tiles, => 0.20 fp/square
  • Terrace farm = 30 + 1/2 x 5 = 32,5 tiles => 0.154fp/square => 77% efficiency compared to SoK
With this example you see that farms aren't as bad as the 67% you computed, because they use less roads.

That being said, nice tool, well done :)

DeletedUser8120

To compare fp production vs size, you should take also the roads needed for all buildings.
A SoK (SDW ?) takes 4 squares but if you want to have a farm of SoKs they really take 5 squares each (1 road per building).
For all the buildings, if you consider that a road is placed on the shortest edge and is used on both sides you have to add 1/2 of its shortest dimension.

Example :
  • SoK = 4+ 1/2 x 2 = 5 tiles, => 0.20 fp/square
  • Terrace farm = 30 + 1/2 x 5 = 32,5 tiles => 0.154fp/square => 77% efficiency compared to SoK
With this example you see that farms aren't as bad as the 67% you computed, because they use less roads.

That being said, nice tool, well done :)

Hi Miam, thanks for your feedback!
Yes you are right, this would be a more truthful way to do the ranking, I'm thinking of overworking it. But what with arrangements like this?
=>
32717984aq.jpg
This is, why I decided to calculate on base of the building itself only. mhh What do you think ?

EDIT: NormaJeane - 2018-06-09 - Too large image(s), spoiler tags were added. Max size allowed is: 600x480 pixels.

RedRed

Viceroy
shortest edge length / 2 is the right choice imho. Yes you can arrange the city in different ways and a sok in a corner has 4/2, but the most of the same buildings arranged correctly have that ratio... (maybe you could provide multiple comparisons f.e. "only building", "half on the shortest" ...) BTW remember that some buildings requires 2 lanes streets, thus the tiles are doubled

I'd provide a built in language selector - google other than English it's unreadable :)

MagicMiam

Steward
@alo 1.
In your arrangement with the farms, SoKs cost the usual amout of roads, rogue hideouts 1/2 tile more as if they were connected with the other edge. Two farms use 3 roads + 1 tile for a wathifire, which is 2 tiles/farms, slightly better than the usual 2.5 tiles.
This is a nice layout btw :)

So it is true that you can choose different arrangements but the most general case is shortest edge/2, which I think represents in a better way the actual cost of the building in space.

DeletedUser8120

ok, I think about it :)

perhaps the proposal of redred, to offer both variants, is the best way.

DeletedUser8120

OK redred and MagicMiam, I changed the calculation of area, like proposed:

Area = (Area of the building itself) + (0,5 x shortest length of the building)
Example :
  • SoK = 4+ 1/2 x 2 = 5 tiles
  • Terrace farm = 30 + 1/2 x 5 = 32,5 tiles
32723968cz.jpg
Thanks for your input! Any further suggestions welcome!

https://diefleissigen.jimdo.com/foe-tools-die-fleißigen-brisgard/vergleich-fp-generatoren/