• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Fall Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

jtrucker

Baronet
BUG REPORT, PC version:

Don't know where to report bug from live servers, so hopefully someone will read it here:

Collection of apple trees - somebody advised me that I don't have to move the cursor from the corner of the screen where the tree was to the centre to click "OK" but that I can press ESC and the confirmation window will go away so I can click on another apple tree.
On beta this worked without flaw - I had to press ESC after each tree, which I assumed was the desired action.
On live servers (on BOTH - UK and CZ servers), after you press ESC for the first time, the window goes away but for all consequent apple tree collection the window NEVER appears. That sounded like a very good idea, almost intentional (which it was not!). Two things happen as well:
1. IF after apple tree collection you go and do encounter in expedition, after you click OK on the window "You've received XXX points for your guild", ALL of the "hidden" apple tree confirmation windows appear stacked. That is not so bad - your mouse cursor is already at the "ok" button location so you can very quickly click through them (well, it startled me when it happened for the first time :) BUT
2. IF you open a basket (well, I tried the 135 apples on BOTH servers) after the apple tree collection without confirm.window, the game totally freezes. The purchased basket stops in the middle of the opening animation and it freezes. Reloading of the game window fixes the problem, you can keep opening more baskets without freezing until you collect another apple tree and (the confirm window is back after game reload of course) press ESC, the situation repeats.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
@JTrucker if it's happening on live, but not on Beta, then that generally means it has been resolved on Beta. Either way for issues with live you should post on live forums or check with the support team for the game version where you're playing.

DeletedUser7239

Moderate prizes are SoKs
Unwanted prizes are Rogue Hideouts
I don't even know what a HOF is.
Highly desired prizes are reno kits, with upgrade kits a close second.

Don't you get it yet? Everyone has their own priorities. With a database of thousands of players to draw statistics from, I presume Inno look at the statistics of which buildings are used, which are in towns right now, which are sitting in Inventories. Why do you suppose they come up with 'build 10 decorations' - it certainly won't be because they think every town wants another 10 decorations (which no town should have, except possibly Bronze Age newbies) but rather because they know most of us have ten decorations sitting in our Inventories unused.

A SOK for a player that is on lower ages(IA, MA) is for certain not just a moderade but i want so prize.
Rogue hideouts are for sure in lower ages players need very much before they get the traz.
You do not know whats a HOF? are you for real? Hall Of Fame, very usefull if you want to help even better your guild (it seems not).
So a good prize to you is what?a booster crate? 20 fp?xD
Some players i cannot follow lol

DeletedUser8341

A SOK for a player that is on lower ages(IA, MA) is for certain not just a moderade but i want so prize.
Rogue hideouts are for sure in lower ages players need very much before they get the traz.
You do not know whats a HOF? are you for real? Hall Of Fame, very usefull if you want to help even better your guild (it seems not).
So a good prize to you is what?a booster crate? 20 fp?xD
Some players i cannot follow lol
Less rudeness, more careful reading is needed:
Highly desired prizes are reno kits, with upgrade kits a close second.
Back when I was a newbie in Bronze or Iron Age, maybe 20FP would have been considered a good prize, though.

An SoK is far worse space utilisation than a Maharaja's Palace and for anyone beyond Bronze Age, the coins are almost pointless. For players to whom everything except a Forge Point is a worthless in the game: sure, you build your SoK farms but I struggle to see the enjoyment you get out of the game. I have a few SoKs in live but they are not a huge prize and I am far more interested in being able to upgrade my valued special buildings as I move through the ages.

A Rogue Hideout is almost a waste of space for anyone with limited space and no Alcatraz (the vast majority of players). I would far rather give over my precious city space to an extra artillery building. I built one here on beta and am very sure that I will not be building one on live for a long time.

Hall of Fame .. interesting but I suspect that anyone who is active in GE would be better off giving the space over to more troops/more goods/more boosts/ToR so that they can sail through GE with minimal effort (it might surprise you but the vast majority of players cannot do so). I might build one if I happen across one but I strongly suspect that investing in the right GBs would do more for my guild.

Now, that is MY personal view. Based on where MY cities are at. Given the time and effort MY ciites get from me. According to how I want to play the game. Your view is no less relevant for YOUR city(ies) and what you are trying to do with the game. Which brings me back to the point I was making: each of the prizes are rubbish for some but highly valued by others. Just because you have to wait a week until a prize that you like is highlighted is no reason to trash the prize available now, that some people want.

DeletedUser

The "donate goods" conditions are indeed not really achievable for Bronze Age players. However, those conditions are also not necessary - they're only included as alternatives to other conditions. Bronze Age players can research, or scout, or whatever the other condition is. :)
I wouldn't be so careless about the bronze age players so much - after all, everything you do lately is calculated to get diamonds from them, cause you can get more from other ages players being so pushing and open about "how the game is constructed to make money" policy ;)

DeletedUser7942

Back when I was a newbie in Bronze or Iron Age, maybe 20FP would have been considered a good prize, though.

An SoK is far worse space utilisation than a Maharaja's Palace and for anyone beyond Bronze Age, the coins are almost pointless. For players to whom everything except a Forge Point is a worthless in the game: sure, you build your SoK farms but I struggle to see the enjoyment you get out of the game. I have a few SoKs in live but they are not a huge prize and I am far more interested in being able to upgrade my valued special buildings as I move through the ages.

A Rogue Hideout is almost a waste of space for anyone with limited space and no Alcatraz (the vast majority of players). I would far rather give over my precious city space to an extra artillery building. I built one here on beta and am very sure that I will not be building one on live for a long time.

Hall of Fame .. interesting but I suspect that anyone who is active in GE would be better off giving the space over to more troops/more goods/more boosts/ToR so that they can sail through GE with minimal effort (it might surprise you but the vast majority of players cannot do so). I might build one if I happen across one but I strongly suspect that investing in the right GBs would do more for my guild.

Now, that is MY personal view. Based on where MY cities are at. Given the time and effort MY ciites get from me. According to how I want to play the game. Your view is no less relevant for YOUR city(ies) and what you are trying to do with the game. Which brings me back to the point I was making: each of the prizes are rubbish for some but highly valued by others. Just because you have to wait a week until a prize that you like is highlighted is no reason to trash the prize available now, that some people want.
I agree that the value of a prize is relative to a players wants but if you want to level GB's then you'll want SoK's, if you want guild power then you want HoF and if want to have an easier time fighting then you want RH. All of those are difficult and becoming more difficult to come by which inherently raises their value. Now if you don't fight a lot, especially PvP, don't care about guild power or fp's then yeah, those things are worthless to you.

DeletedUser7951

I care about my build, but I still consider the HoF waste of space, I rather finish every GE, and if given the option on the app play GvG. On my live server I've never seen anyone having a HoF. I think it's more for those small/solo guild that doesn't go anywhere. At least we agree they need some prizes as well :D

DeletedUser5429

I care about my build, but I still consider the HoF waste of space, I rather finish every GE, and if given the option on the app play GvG. On my live server I've never seen anyone having a HoF. I think it's more for those small/solo guild that doesn't go anywhere. At least we agree they need some prizes as well :D
I fail to understand why having HoFs, and finishing GE / particpating in GvG would be opposite?
HoFs provide quite some power. With 7 OF HoFs, I produce 3290 power every day.
A big guild having enough players producing as much power will quickly gain levels.
Of course, when you have already reached the highest level, they become useless, but how many guilds have reached that level?

DeletedUser8471

I fail to understand why having HoFs, and finishing GE / particpating in GvG would be opposite?
HoFs provide quite some power. With 7 OF HoFs, I produce 3290 power every day.
A big guild having enough players producing as much power will quickly gain levels.
Of course, when you have already reached the highest level, they become useless, but how many guilds have reached that level?

Exactly! Yes it uses up space you can argue would be better used putting something else in its place, but it's for the good of the many and not the greed of the few.

Just today I was thinking "Hmmm how many members in the guild actually have one (or more)?" So I started a group convo for the sole purpose of determining who has how many, what Ages they all are set to, and compile a list for everyone to see. Sure it takes longer to motivate, it since it's not high on the priority list (or at all?) I figure I can benefit to skip the aid button on those players and manually motivate them. It will benefit every member of my guild this way, and so far only a handful have responded but collectively it's about 6k a week so far. That rivals is about half of what we collect from GE weekly, and I know there are still more out there and with today being the prize more will add to their collection.

Not in the slightest useless building, just as coeurdepat said.

DeletedUser8483

In my opinion, I think that 2 apples o 3 apples from every tree that found its very little..... It frustrating ....very frustrating. Because it's not enough to reach the today special or longer time the grand prize. If instead of 2 o 3 it was 5, that would will be ok. The event is great, but for those few of apple mmmm it's not enough.Thank you

DeletedUser7942

Guild Power never stops accruing even if you reach the end of the last guild level. It builds up as normal and when they open new levels it all gets applied at once.

collectively it's about 6k a week so far.
I go through every so often and count each guild members HoF's and their ages. We can theoretically get up 56,000 per week depending on motivations and collections, it's typically on the higher end anyway as most are daily players.

dolphin

Marquis
Sure it takes longer to motivate, it since it's not high on the priority list (or at all?

HoFs are 1st to be motivated, then SoK, etc....

I have 7 HoFs in my main world. Provides 23,000 + crowns / week or 1/2 of what a full guild produces in GE!

DeletedUser8471

I have 7 HoFs in my main world. Provides 23,000 + crowns / week or 1/2 of what a full guild produces in GE!

Is this true? Everywhere else I have read about makes it sound like HoF is grouped down with normal buildings.

DeletedUser5429

I have not a "normal" town, as it is almost only composed of SoKs and FPs producing buildings, but nevertheless my 7 OF HoF are never the first to be motivated.
Shrines (SoK, SoA) always come first.
HoFs are often waiting the last hours of the 24 hours cycle to get motivated.

DeletedUser8471

I have not a "normal" town, as it is almost only composed of SoKs and FPs producing buildings, but nevertheless my 7 OF HoF are never the first to be motivated.
Shrines (SoK, SoA) always come first.
HoFs are often waiting the last hours of the 24 hours cycle to get motivated.

That is what I had thought was the case, and I'm curious about why they are not further up on the list. I have also noticed that The King is not high on the list either, rather very low ranked in with normal buildings

DeletedUser7239

"Which brings me back to the point I was making: each of the prizes are rubbish for some but highly valued by others. Just because you have to wait a week until a prize that you like is highlighted is no reason to trash the prize available now, that some people want."

My point exactly,not so much for you, maybe good for new players.
For me, SOK, HOF and almost all prizes are useless for me now(it is balanced as much as i can)...but the point was given in a general way, that every has it own opinion, but saying SOK is a so so prize even for a player in CA do not think so :D
Ps: i was not rude, just directly to the point without flowers.

DeletedUser8079

This may have been discussed above, but Cider Mill upgrades issue:

Because the Blooming Cider Mill can do things other than create supplies, it can't be motivated. This results in it being worse than the base Cider Mill if used for supply production (same production per square, but inability to double via motivate).

Has Inno ever discussed the possibility of conditional motivation? A production building can be motivated if it is producing gold or supplies, but not otherwise?

Silveralius

Squire
The Fall event is near to end on live servers. So i have many experience.
1) The amount of apples from trees. I mean that 5 apples is little. For next year, the 10 apples would be good. 2,3,5,10.
2) The prizes from locked basket. I don't buy any of them. Why, except both renovation, all is useless? So what about replace them something better next time?
3)Achievement - there are three quest lines. Why do not upgrade achievement per one complete quest line?
4) Last quest line. Here I have not decided yet. If it's better to make it daily or be able to complete all.
5) New prize - best. I really like upgrade system and I like how Cider MIll looks like and its animations.
6) Upgrade from spending apples - good, make it again.

In my end summary the event is successful. Maybe too much nerfed, but I expect nerf.

DeletedUser8341

My thoughts for next year.

Simplify things. Inno can data mine to confirm but I find few people are interested in the locked baskets, or understand them. Remove them, or make the item in the basket the same as the day's special, obtainable after paying to open a basket.

The three questlines is slightly confusing. One questline would suffice, with a large prize at ⅓ complete, ⅔ complete and completed.

Improve the paradigm. Get back to reality a little more. You don't uproot a tree when collecting its fruit. The tree planting method would need to change (possibly we all start with ten trees, no apples on them) and collections leave the tree but get the apples; apples are added through aiding as at present but not as a tree - they are added to existing trees. Apples can still go after 24 hours - they just drop off and rot (very quickly!)

Consider only being able to store a limited number of apples (300? 500?) in the baskets a player starts with. (Two more baskets could be bought for the event from the Tavern Shop.) This discourages hoarding too much and forces buying decisions.

Consider negative actions. Aiding gives a chance to add apples, so why shouldn't plundering give a chance to remove them. 'Scrumping' could even be offered as an alternative to plundering, bringing in between 10% and 30% of the apples on the trees at the time.

New building next year: apple pie shop?

DeletedUser4381

My thoughts for next year.
[...]

Consider only being able to store a limited number of apples (300? 500?) in the baskets a player starts with. (Two more baskets could be bought for the event from the Tavern Shop.) This discourages hoarding too much and forces buying decisions.

Consider negative actions. Aiding gives a chance to add apples, so why shouldn't plundering give a chance to remove them. 'Scrumping' could even be offered as an alternative to plundering, bringing in between 10% and 30% of the apples on the trees at the time.

Excellent ways to make the event worse next year. With suggestions like that, you should be working for Inno.