• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback New Feature - Incidents

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Silveralius

Squire
@Zarok Dai can you pls answer me some questions?

1) Is in the plans increase the amount of coins that we get from incidents? The amount is lower that click on aid button.
2) Is in the plan add the achievment about incidents? Which will store the number of incidents we found?

Thx for your time.

DeletedUser

@Zarok Dai can you pls answer me some questions?

1) Is in the plans increase the amount of coins that we get from incidents? The amount is lower that click on aid button.
2) Is in the plan add the achievment about incidents? Which will store the number of incidents we found?

Thx for your time.

I am passing on the feedback about the coins and supplies amounts from incidents seeming too low, so we will have to wait and see if any changes will be made.
I do not know if incidents will be tied to achievements at this time, but I will try and find out this week.

LadyHecate

Marquis
Are Incidents currently suspended or am I doing something wrong with my Settings? I got 5 Incidents on Day 1 and zero every day since; that's almost 5 days without one!

DeletedUser8119

Are Incidents currently suspended or am I doing something wrong with my Settings? I got 5 Incidents on Day 1\ and zero every day since; that's almost 5 days without one!

You are not the only one, there have been several posters now who had incidents appear on the first day then nothing since. I have had 6 incidents only since this started so there may be glitch that needs to be sorted.

DeletedUser5429

Yesterday when rebuilding my city, I moved roads.
That's how I got an incident, else I would never have seen it.
The reward was 5 FPs, which I must say is quite nice. Nice enough to want not to miss it. ;)
=> the visibility of the incidents in your city is a real problem.

DeletedUser4285

i get around couple or so incidents everyday ... just gotta check properly in the city tho and the wilderness but i tend to scan the whole thing quickly.

DeletedUser7164

Found my first incident, a blueprint.
And I don't have the time to search the area every day, so for me it's nogo

DeletedUser7779

Are Incidents currently suspended or am I doing something wrong with my Settings? I got 5 Incidents on Day 1 and zero every day since; that's almost 5 days without one!
Same here, I had 5 incidents on day 1 and 0 ever since....I feel like a complete fool wasting my time searching for something which is apparently not there...I'm really done with it, what a joke.

DeletedUser5097

I wonder about this system something. In battle you will deal at least
always 1 damage, this is great I'm not complaining about it, this was
done because the system was unable to calculate with 0, but also
to prevent that in some fights the computer nor the player was able
to defeat the another. So what I wonder is, why is the system unable
to work with 0 damage, but is able to work with 0 spawns?

Also the ratio of 0-5 spawns is a downgrade for this idea. Because
it's good possible that you are searching for nothing. Wouldn't it
a good thing if you always got at least 1 at a day? The best is that
1 random incident will spawn in on 00.00h and that maybe 4 another
incidents will spawn during the day?
So basicly that will means that you has 1-5 daily, but at least some
reason to look dailly for a extra log in bonus. This will support also
the tests since every Béta player should be able then to test at
least one each day.
In my guild we share what we find, some find 0 for days, others
find a few. Most common suplies/coins/fp's (good thing) and sometimes
medalls. Less seen goods and rarest so far is a motivation kit. The
rewards are welcome and so far I'm glad with the extra rewards. For
people how wonder how a water way can been disorderd, a floating
tree, (but why not coral what is replacing trees in OF) can do a lot.xd

DeletedUser7779

least one each day.
Exactly!
When I asked a few days ago at what time the incidents reset, I thought there was a fixed time (e.g. 0:00h) when all incidents disappear and a new 24hr timer starts.
Which would have made a lot more sense than what we have now. That way we would only need to look once a day (i.e. shortly before 0:00h or whatever time it is - maybe synchronize with daily recalc would be best) to make sure we got all incidents.
Also agree that it should be min 1 incident/day at least for the sake of testing. Otherwise it would be just another huge disappointment like it is for me atm.

DeletedUser7957

It could be good if the prices are also ok. But at that point I disagree from other people, and I do prefer unrealistic things happening, for instance, UFO's landings, godzilla atacking, megalodons eating vehicles on water roads, a horde of zombies walking (dead), or more realistic but unexpected as volcano eruptions, tornados riding on our roads, etc etc. Generally speaking, unnecesary feature, but could add some fun, specially if the designeres gone far crazy than they usually go

Last edited by a moderator:

Silveralius

Squire
Today I found 3 incidents. Yesterday I found 5 incidents. You are doing something wrong if you can't find any incident.

EDIT:
Some of then:
eRDb9HwISNaekQN9rGRRxQ.png
vgSiWaAXRSaETM90fEgvag.png
caC8vyeWQdukOqj2P_S8qw.png

Silveralius

Squire

least one each day.

The system can work with 0 damage. Many times enemy artillery give me 0 damage. Or if you try units from Iron age vs future in some occasions iron age unit deal 0 damage.

DeletedUser

Incidents are being generated, but even I agree they are very difficult to find. I know I have missed several of them myself.
I am not sure what the best way to improve this is, but I am asking for some type of improvement anyway. I don't think they need to be bouncing up and down or anything that drastic, but there must be a way to visually make them stand out a bit more against the normal textural background.
For incidents in the city, another solution may be required. I have more than a few sections of road that just are not at all visible in my city, so I am unlikely to ever see an incident occurring there.

DeletedUser8297

I think someone forgot to tell us incidents is only expected to work every other day lol.

DeletedUser5097

Exactly!
When I asked a few days ago at what time the incidents reset, I thought there was a fixed time (e.g. 0:00h) when all incidents disappear and a new 24hr timer starts.
Which would have made a lot more sense than what we have now. That way we would only need to look once a day (i.e. shortly before 0:00h or whatever time it is - maybe synchronize with daily recalc would be best) to make sure we got all incidents.
Also agree that it should be min 1 incident/day at least for the sake of testing. Otherwise it would be just another huge disappointment like it is for me atm.

Incidents are being generated, but even I agree they are very difficult to find. I know I have missed several of them myself.
I am not sure what the best way to improve this is, but I am asking for some type of improvement anyway. I don't think they need to be bouncing up and down or anything that drastic, but there must be a way to visually make them stand out a bit more against the normal textural background.
For incidents in the city, another solution may be required. I have more than a few sections of road that just are not at all visible in my city, so I am unlikely to ever see an incident occurring there.
Thanks for the support. Many players already suggested some way to see it by given us a signal.
I personal think that some signal like in GE (when there is still a relic) should be a good idea. A
small pop-up in the right corner of your screen above another affects (suplies/coins/aid goods).
I think that would do the job well.

I think it's okay that some incidents spawn during the day on random times, even with all the
disadvantages, but I think that it would be good if there is at least 1 tiny incident guaranteerd
every day. It would not affeact the idea badly, but it would boost it a little bit, because players
won't searching for nothing and the unlucky once even day after day and giving it up, that
wouldn't be the purpose of the idea I think. That players would give it up because there is
none day after day or even aware of it. All this can been solved with a signal and at least
1 incident guaranteed each day.

A bit offtopic, okay.
The system can work with 0 damage. Many times enemy artillery give me 0 damage. Or if you try units from Iron age vs future in some occasions iron age unit deal 0 damage.
I'm afread that you encounterd a bug or it was before the update (not sure when they
did make that update), but maybe you should look to this short battle:
Spear fighters beating off a AF champ. (the champ does have a unknown bonus) and
the spear fighers has no bonus. They deal with each attack 1 damage. So I think
that prove it well that you should deal always at least 1 damage.

LadyHecate

Marquis
A big fat -1 from me! No Incidents since the first day they were released! I know what I'm looking for and Settings are all correct.
Inno must do something to improve and rectify the issues they're having with Incidents otherwise they'll be crucified by the Live Server players if they're released in their current format.

DeletedUser7566

Maybe this is a good time to ask for the option to view the city in 2 dimensions (like the city planner program) so that all the roads can be seen. It would help in catching any incidents involving roads as well as revealing where there are empty squares in your city and making it easier to rearrange the city.