• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser7938

I guess I have to post to say the opposite of a lot of what I am reading...I have managed to get all the pieces except one the lil 1x1 memorial Chhatri. I also managed to get 3 Spice Traders and 3 Rogue Hideouts and yes I got some other stuff like tickets, FPs, dupes, happy stuff I don't need with my GBs and the asparagus stalk looking thing. But all in all I did ok, I did learn not to refresh if it's your last or only ticket to spend, instead saving up a bunch then surveying the wheel. Didn't like what I saw, refresh and spin, got a RH that way, then if it is still crap or doesn't have the pieces for the set I need...you guessed it refresh. If it still sucks I will walk away and save my remaining tickets for later and try again. Sometimes logging in just to check the wheel, got the 2nd RH that way.

I do however still disagree and hate how the last one always has to be a "Gain control of a province" and also I really get annoyed when I have to choose between completing the event or staying in the age I am in. The "Research a technology" without an " or" like this summer event has, needs to stay in the past.

DeletedUser7938

I am currently doing Maharani Pari 17/18 and set my Brewery, 2 Alchemists and 3 Spice Traders to 4 hours to do half of the 12, collected them when done, and only 3 of them registered, why does the Spice Trader not resister the supply production for the quest?
UPDATE:
When collecting the next round of supplies I collected the Alchemists and brewery and then went to see if they were counted and the count was at 9, so somewhere between the first collection and logging out and then this collection the 3 missing supply collections showed up. I then collected the 3 Spice Traders, which completed the quest.

DeletedUser8297

Now that I have finished the event and have been able to monkey with everything i am ready to give a final opinion. I know you were waiting for it :p
The palace building does wind up being better than the terrace farm if you compare the 4x8 to the 5x6. the extra 2 tiles give you 1 more fp plus the 10 goods and associated awards. If you stack them right, 4 less tiles 4x14 gives you 11 fp and 15 goods compared to 2 terrace farms at 6x10 or 5x12 depending. The real issue is the size needed in a grouped spot and you will never see anything behind the palace, they could probably hide a couple of the GB's.
I find the fountain bonuses to be adequate for the size.
I did not get the 1000 diamonds, guess I started beta after they were given out. But I spent the diamonds I had and by complete luck got the final piece of the palace set and the fountain of the fountain set in my last 2 spins. I am still one fountain set piece short and out of tickets and diamonds.

The gold and silver option limiting the amount of prizes per wheel, the amount of tickets available, the amount of pieces needed to complete sets having to be won on the wheel, number of map quests, and the ridiculous amount of production quests really ruined the event for me.

HannahMecoe

Merchant
Hmmmm.... I've finished but... My luck was strange. I got all of the Palace bits multiple times, but only one (count it carefully: 1) of the elephant ones. And I'm nearly out of tickets, also no elephant tiles have appeared in the Wheel for a while.

Any chance of more tickets in the remaining days? Pretty please?

DeletedUser5429

Code:
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
|               |East   |               |
+               +Tower  +               +
|               |       |               |
+    Palace     +-------+    Palace     +
|               |Bandar |               |
+               +Play   +               +
|West   |Maha   |       |Maha   |West   |
+Tower  +Pond   + unused+Pond   +Tower  +
|       |       |       |       |       |
Thanks xivarmy. ^^

https://prnt.sc/flb1nw

RedRed

Viceroy
I see multiple Indian Fountain sets in that screenshot. Can you confirm if the coin and supply bonus stacks when you have multiple sets? Never got two to test with.
Yes they stacks

BUwN4Vw.png

1sfLPVS.png

Last edited:

DeletedUser4285

not on the last quest yet but from wut i see i will be taking a province?
inno team should put an alternative to that quest just like we have with other map quests.
the alternative should be something that may not be too easy but also not too hard.

When I first saw the gold and silver rings reducing the number of available "good" prizes, I like many others thought another event messed up. Having completed the quests and spent my tickets I'm willing to admit that my initial impression was wrong.
Because there were more "good" prizes per wheel than in previous events (at least it seemed like there were to me) the chances of hitting something useful was actually better. By only going for the parts of the sets and ignoring any other tempting prizes (like SoKs and rogue huts) by refreshing the wheel once I had the prize or if there was nothing on it I wanted I was able to accumulate two full elephant sets and all but one piece of the other without using any diamonds, and by cashing in the diamonds that inno gave us for testing (thank you for that by the way) I was able to complete that set as well. If I'd ignored the temptation to complete the second elephant set before I'd completed the palace set I'm sure I could have gotten one complete set of each without using diamonds.
The sets themselves give good return per square in comparison to other premium buildings, and that return can be improved upon with multiple sets.
I would have preferred it if there had been only one copy of every prize,so a lot less chaff, but all in all this new system seems to work reasonably well.
As a final note I agree that getting the main prize should not always be a nailed on certainty, as long as the percentage chance of achieving it through careful play (this is a STRATEGY game after all, so it's supposed to reward good strategy) is high as seems to be the case here then some element of chance is a good thing.

RedRed

Viceroy
Code:
|West   |Maha   |       |Maha   |West   |
+Tower  +Pond   + unused+Pond   +Tower  +
|       |       |       |       |       |
A small change based on this scheme... instead of the sacred sky watch, one might use 2 additional easter towers (with 1 road cost each) or 2 SoKs
3wfcJUk.jpg

LGGa24q.jpg

DeletedUser4379

' . . . It is very helpful for us to know how our community feels about what we are doing, even when it's not all roses.
Your feedback has been forwarded and our game designers are aware of it. They are currently reviewing all of it and are discussing if/what adjustments should be made to the balancing . . '
Hahahaha.
Good one.
(or maybe not. you obviously expect us to believe this).

DeletedUser7454

very disappointing event -- although the 2 sets are pretty and even useful, there is just not enough space in our towns to accommodate their huge footprint! By now, in my beta town, I have no need for any regular production building. I would say that these frequent special buildings make regular buildings useless. The game is getting out the balance. It is sad to see that as one thing that about FoE that it was well balanced.
I have tons of special buildings on my plot and inventory (actually even more there from GE) and no space.

I won many many part of the 2 sets so I have multiple useless items sitting in my inventory. It is not that one can not get the full set what is hard to avoid getting way to many extra ones :(.
One time when I really tried for a SoK after my 2nd try someone refreshed it. I even bought the middle pack of tickets with diamonds for that. Just to use them after the refreshing on some undesired prizes. It is not that I do not appreciate free stuff but I would have rather take coins, supplies, medals or anything else than 12 extra pieces of the sets (after I got the 2 full set placed in my town) that has no value to me.

And for sure I am not going to spend a single diamond on this event on my live server towns!

VERY DISAPPOINTING!