• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Summer Event 2017

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser6891

I wish the FPs would not go into the FP counter but rather into inventory. More and more a player needs to be a trust fund baby in order to play FOE during events.

DeletedUser

I don't like this "summer gamble game" and the Grand Prize which comes with it.
I've played on beta but I will not place my palace.
For one it is very big which may be justifiable by all the stuffs it gives.
With the choice of a GB I'd like to narrow down exactly what I need and what space it requires.
A GB is still a big decision for me and I don't need everything and nothing on my space.

The layout of this palace cost much to keep it up to date too (up kits) or to store in inventory (Inventory kits).
After the Cherry Blossom Garden it gets bigger and better maybe.
It does not suit the limited available and hard to get space in this game in my opinion.
All in all little reason to spin that wheel (too much not such good stuff in it) and especially not to bring diamonds in.
I've heard such good things about FoE's Summer Events: this is the first one I see and I am not particularly impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionhead

Baronet
It´s probably not likely that what I suggest is possible for launch at live servers, but I´d like to see a change to the hover-popup on the wheel prizes.
As it is now, the headline says: "Prize Taken".
Well, guess what. 95% of us already know that just by looking at the wheel and knowing the mechanics. For those 5% who´re not familiar with the mechanics, the text in the pop-up should educate them.
So, please. Could the headline "Prize Taken" be replaced with an indication of which prize was taken. When it´s greyed out, it can be hard to identify. Particular Shrine of Awe looks very much like a SoK and vice versa. I´d like to see something along the lines of:

http://prntscr.com/fi8k94

DeletedUser7503

This event is unbelievably frustrating and disheartening. There are way to few tickets provided forcing people to spend diamonds to realistically complete either set. YES some will be lucky to have the needed pieces on their wheel and successfully obtain them most won't then what to do with the bits and pieces you've collected ..... TO THE TRASH just as I have in past events. Another monumental waste of time which like the past three events I haven't bothered with on the live server.

DeletedUser8266

Agree with everything wardog people are not rich plan for summer event for months for me i look for barracks soks and rougues the wheel setup gives 1 chance for this not 4 here we get the diamonds for free i spent over 2k to get the special buildings because of lack of tickets. inno is in love with new events and building groups with scarce options for expandsions from day one we have to decide what we want in our city for the style of game we want to play. inno needs to make a profit which is not a bad thing but imho they getting to greedy. the wheel setup is example of that

DeletedUser

For me I would maybe get me those full set even with diamonds, but as also mentioned, its too big, no expansions left etc.
It would b enice if you introduce 10 more diamond expandions (all ages / non age depended)
if you really make some money, act like it :)

DeletedUser8267

This event seems okay.... Okay, scrap that. There are not enough tickets without buying them with diamonds. Secondly, this new set is GIGANTIC!!! We need some expansions to go with events so we can fit these monstrosities in. But it's a nice opportunity for me, too as a new player to get a head start with lots of cool buildings and such.

DeletedUser7780

I have to agreed the prizes this year are not good, nor are the chances of getting what you wanted. I had so looked forward to the summer event this year that I planned on buying diamonds this year on the summer event on my main world to get SOKs & Rogue hideouts. But if it is the same on live servers on the other worlds, as it is here I will not be buying diamonds for the event. I am in PE in main world, so not a lot of room for the sets. I don't think you are going to have people buy diamonds to get tickets, I know I won't with the way it is or the prizes that are on the wheel here in Beta. I have been playing for over a year now & each event gets worse than they were before.

Addonexus

Farmer
I was working on some optimal Indian set (FP per space) and came up to this combo that gives 1FP per 5.76 spaces, roads included too, which is even better than soks. 50FPs, 70 goods, plus some medals, coins, supplies for size 16x18=288 spaces including the roads and the empty spaces in my picture. How many tickets would one need to make this set:
8 palace
5 of the decorations (3+2)
6 pieces that give goods
10 pieces that give 1FP
You can extend it,but the FP per space is usually about the same. Unless im missing something,the set is fully connected with roads, but its huge and needs a lot pieces. Im not playing on Beta so i cant test how many tickets average you will need for this set?

Attachments

• IMG_12062017_014517.png
    IMG_12062017_014517.png
    961.1 KB · Views: 59

DeletedUser7262

really today quest is build a goods building or 2 from previous age (for me an ocean future or 2 from artic future) some of us do not have the room and/or pop to do this

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I was working on some optimal Indian set (FP per space) and came up to this combo that gives 1FP per 5.76 spaces, roads included too, which is even better than soks. 50FPs, 70 goods, plus some medals, coins, supplies for size 16x18=288 spaces including the roads and the empty spaces in my picture. How many tickets would one need to make this set:
8 palace
5 of the decorations (3+2)
6 pieces that give goods
10 pieces that give 1FP
You can extend it,but the FP per space is usually about the same. Unless im missing something,the set is fully connected with roads, but its huge and needs a lot pieces. Im not playing on Beta so i cant test how many tickets average you will need for this set?

1) SoKs are 1 FP per 5 spaces road included (the road can service an SoK on each side of it so only half of the two squares of road passing it need to be charged to it

2) Your image shows every 2x2 as eastern palace towers (which obv from your list you realised isn't what's needed but makes it a bit of work to do the bookkeeping on whether all the set buildings are fully active - other than the decos it seems to be the case though after staring at it a bit)

3) As to how many tickets it'd take... i'd guess 200ish - 8 palaces would be the bulk of the work - you could get the other pieces on good wheels along the way probably

4) nominally a square block with 4 palaces and disconnected western towers (if you don't care about the goods) can yield 22 FP in 110 squares, the same as SoKs (only 1 of the top/bottom roads counted since they could both share their roads with other buildings)

Code:
rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+---+
|               |East   |               |
+               +Tower  +               +
|               |       |               |
+    Palace     +-------+    Palace     +
|               |Bandar |               |
+               +Play   +               +
|West   |Maha   |       |Maha   |West   |
+Tower  +Pond   + unused+Pond   +Tower  +
|       |       |       |       |       |

Alma65

Merchant
Did anyone get the Elephant Fountain from the wheel? I am looking for it for more than a week now and look really frequently at the wheel but it is never there.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Yes Alma, I've seen it regularly, gotten it once. If it's popular in your hood you might need to be there for the refreshes to get it.

DeletedUser7942

Unless im missing something,the set is fully connected with roads
The towers require roads so the 5 you got in the middle won't work but the biggest problem you have here is the Palace requires 4 unique set pieces touching it to get the fp's from it.

Alma65

Merchant
Yes Alma, I've seen it regularly, gotten it once. If it's popular in your hood you might need to be there for the refreshes to get it.

I look at least once per hour what´s at the wheel, I am shure that I did not miss it. It is never there, even not greyed out.

Addonexus

Farmer
1) SoKs are 1 FP per 5 spaces road included (the road can service an SoK on each side of it so only half of the two squares of road passing it need to be charged to it

2) Your image shows every 2x2 as eastern palace towers (which obv from your list you realised isn't what's needed but makes it a bit of work to do the bookkeeping on whether all the set buildings are fully active - other than the decos it seems to be the case though after staring at it a bit)

3) As to how many tickets it'd take... i'd guess 200ish - 8 palaces would be the bulk of the work - you could get the other pieces on good wheels along the way probably

4) nominally a square block with 4 palaces and disconnected western towers (if you don't care about the goods) can yield 22 FP in 110 squares, the same as SoKs (only 1 of the top/bottom roads counted since they could both share their roads with other buildings)

Code:

You can also count almost every second road in my picture too, as something else will be connected to it too, so you come up with 5.22 spaces per FP, and 70 goods too. Yes i used the same piece to make the set faster on the city planner, but each palace is connected with 4 pieces.
But your idea of disconecting the tower that gives goods is not bad, saves some space, and since i just want to delete some soks from my city to avoid the problem with aiding them, as i have 150 soks in city and 40 in inventory and still not always 150 are motivated every day, sometimes i have 2-20 unmotivated. So anything that gives same FP per space and doesnt need motivation is good, which is why i have many soks replaced with japanese sets, terrace farms and even few bazaars,and they even give less FP per space.

The towers require roads so the 5 you got in the middle won't work but the biggest problem you have here is the Palace requires 4 unique set pieces touching it to get the fp's from it.
The pieces in the middle are decorations, i just used the same piece to make the set faster, but only the pieces from the outside are towers and need roads, and each palace is touching 4 pieces.

DeletedUser7779

Code:

Now that's a nice setup, never thought of this arrangement. Surely getting 3 Maharaja Palaces would be way cheaper than getting 22 SoKs, really nice, thank you!

DeletedUser8079

I've seen the Western Palace Tower (the goods one, not the FP one) listed as both needing and not needing a road connection. Which is correct? Thanks!