• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback May Day Event

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

caro

Farmer
One thing is sure, moving up one age/era for a lousy Maypole isn't on the cards, no way !!
If Inno can't manage to provide alternatives - whatever that is - instead of forcing a player to move up a level I wouldn't bother the event.

I liked playing events last year and FoE gave us a choice at least "research a tech or...."This year starting with the Einstein event we already 5 times had to "research a tech' thus forcing player to move up and I won't be able to play these events on several worlds. Too bad, no fun

DeletedUser8119

What random rewards are people getting? So far I have 12,000 coins from 2, 3 and 4 quests. I am hoping there are better rewards than just coins :(

DeletedUser5160

... can we get some feedback from @Zarok Dai . We are feeling ignored again. As someone stated, if you guys keep pushing out these events that require research, we need more diamonds than ever to be able to pay to advance.

dolphin

Marquis
Still stuck at #3, trying to get Algae to complete "research a technology"!

Diamonds for helping in regression testing here on beta, on this quest would assist moving to #4!

Isn't that what INNO wants; for folks to spend $$ for diamonds.

DeletedUser4285

What random rewards are people getting? So far I have 12,000 coins from 2, 3 and 4 quests. I am hoping there are better rewards than just coins :(

Out of the 7 quests done so far i got diamonds from 3 quests.

Lionhead

Baronet
Here we go again with the research-buhuuh.
Guys, you have engaged yourself in a game, which since the beginning has required steady progress. Someone mentioned this is the 4th event this year requiring 5 research a tech. When this last of the 4 events hits live servers, the year is 4+ months old. If you can´t research 5 techs in that time, I don´t think you deserve to be able to complete these events.
Furthermore, someone mentioned the amounts of events was too much. Called the game Forge of Events. If you feel the number of events is too much, no one is forcing you to do them. No need to ruin the fun for those of us, who actually enjoy the events. I like the challenges, hard or easy, the quests requires. And they keep my game from just being another farmville game.

DeletedUser

... can we get some feedback from @Zarok Dai . We are feeling ignored again. As someone stated, if you guys keep pushing out these events that require research, we need more diamonds than ever to be able to pay to advance.

I posted a P.S. to the announcement here. All active players have been awarded diamonds just in time for the weekend :)

Do Inno not realise that might be struggling to get the goods for YET another tech research, or that not only do I have to do GE, GvG, but take YET another province so I can scout the next.? This is not only on Beta, but x 3 for the other live worlds I'm on.

I am stuck in this event quest line myself, it happens at times. Sometimes I do fairly well in an event, other times not so much.

I personally would like to see more quests that do at least give an either/or requirement instead of only 'research a tech' and 'scout a province'. I do think there would be a need for the 2 conditions to be balanced, which could be tricky. As we have players in all different states of progression in the game, finding quest requirements that are generally as difficult across most ages is not always as simple as it seems.
I have no doubt many of you may have ideas on this already, and I hope you will share what you think might be good alternatives.
I understand a lot of the feedback about 'oh no, not another event', but as has already been pointed out, none of the events are mandatory.

Pafton

Viceroy
I posted a P.S. to the announcement here. All active players have been awarded diamonds just in time for the weekend :)....
:D I wonder where ye days of 1000 diamonds went.

Frankly even I'm stuck on the event, but I don't have the energy to rant.

Inno don't you feel we hardworking beta players deserve a rest? 3 events and only about half the month is over.

vidicecilia

Baronet
Guys, you have engaged yourself in a game, which since the beginning has required steady progress. Someone mentioned this is the 4th event this year requiring 5 research a tech. When this last of the 4 events hits live servers, the year is 4+ months old. If you can´t research 5 techs in that time, I don´t think you deserve to be able to complete these events.
Furthermore, someone mentioned the amounts of events was too much. Called the game Forge of Events. If you feel the number of events is too much, no one is forcing you to do them. No need to ruin the fun for those of us, who actually enjoy the events. I like the challenges, hard or easy, the quests requires. And they keep my game from just being another farmville game.

This is a strategy game, so we must plan the way to follow to achieve our goal.
Events divert us from our strategies, make us spend more goods, coins, supplies, fp than we expect. If the event more or less fits our strategies, we will do it, otherwise we will not. A specific topic for me is to adquire sectors without fighting. I am a warrior, I don´t like to spend 200 or 250 goods to conquer a sector when I do it always for free.
Beyond that we can choose not to do the events, I think that the developers are designing a game for all, therefore they should give options in each one of the quests.

PS.: forgive my bad English

Last edited:

DeletedUser6908

I'm happy to see the 'Maypole Upgrade Kit'. Gives me hope that I might get to upgrade my Trees of Love someday. :)

Here's a copy and paste of my rebuttal from earlier in the thread:

FOE is also a war game (continent map, GE, GVG, pvp) that requires high level GB's. You dont just get to level 10 overnight, it takes thousands of FP over a length of time. Some quests will give us alternatives to researching a quest by donating to a GB, and they should be doing that every quest. There are multiple ways to play this game.

Luckily this is beta where I can test if an event is worth it to do on live. I've completed tech there, but the maypole really isn't worth it for me either. I'm at the end of tech, I dont need more coin. Every event this year except einstein has worthless prizes that end up in the inventory graveyard.

DeletedUser5160

When we have large content updates we do reward more diamonds, but this was not that large of a content release.
But if you only give us the ages in "parts" now, we will never get a large enough content release to get 1000 diamonds. 1000 diamonds isn't even enough to rush 1 part of a new tech research. The diamond costs on beta need to be cheaper to guarantee we can quickly test your stuff, else only those (I will only buy the 80 USD diamond packs on live) who dedicate themselves to Beta would throw their money at you to test your stuff. The casual testers need an easier way to purchase their way through.

DeletedUser

But if you only give us the ages in "parts" now, we will never get a large enough content release to get 1000 diamonds. 1000 diamonds isn't even enough to rush 1 part of a new tech research. The diamond costs on beta need to be cheaper to guarantee we can quickly test your stuff, else only those (I will only buy the 80 USD diamond packs on live) who dedicate themselves to Beta would throw their money at you to test your stuff. The casual testers need an easier way to purchase their way through.

New age content is released in 'parts' as you say, but releasing an entire new 'part' of a new age is far more content than a 12 quest event line, and I can assure everyone I will reward more diamonds for content like the next part of OF than on an event like this.
As to your point about the costs of purchasing diamonds on Beta, I actually agree personally. I will ask if a different pricing scheme just for Beta could be considered. I can't guarantee any results, but I can try :)

DeletedUser5160

New age content is released in 'parts' as you say, but releasing an entire new 'part' of a new age is far more content than a 12 quest event line, and I can assure everyone I will reward more diamonds for content like the next part of OF than on an event like this.
As to your point about the costs of purchasing diamonds on Beta, I actually agree personally. I will ask if a different pricing scheme just for Beta could be considered. I can't guarantee any results, but I can try :)

I just want to know that attempts are tried. I think if diamond costs were half of what they are now and the costs to buy diamonds stay where they were, I would be more encouraged to rush the tech trees.

DeletedUser7986

Daily quests
3. In a production building, finish an 8-hour-production 6 times & spend 7 FPs. Reward: Random.

DeletedUser6764

Then you can quietly play farmville ... Since the mini events have their resemblance, more even the prizes. The events can be done or not, and there are very different game styles. In my case I look more comprehensively, we are going to assume that I am in the era of the future, and I need the rails to compete militarily, it is the latest technology to unlock. And I do not want to go to future artico because of the known of this era that my assets fallen by Arc are useless ... in this case only the event of Einstein will make me move from era ... And remember one thing .. not all that play on live servers are here in the beta, that is, not everyone can know the nature of the events, many do it to go discovering it.

dolphin

Marquis
What's the end date on beta? Could not find info, just live end date (May 11).

No "?" link in Halvard - Event Quest window.