• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback [Feedback] Arctic Future - Part 4

I am happy about most parts of AF4.

One very big frown-factor and a smaller one which is: In its current state, the Behemoth is next to useless. It is promoted as being super-heavy as if this were a good thing but only feels super-heavy when I try to move it across a battlefield. If no unmasked close or medium range units are used, basically, it will enter the fighting zone two turns late while being a sitting duck. The force field would be great if in addition to a reactive armour, especially if applied after the RA which would render the Behemoth a walking fortress, something I would expect from the term "super-heavy". Alternatively, the weapon should be really devastating to balance the snail-speed. Perhaps even a secondary weapon for retaliation purposes that may even ignore stealth/ masking, something like a battle cruiser on land.
And by the way, regardless of speed and strength, in what warped, illogical universe does standing on a hill provide a *defensive* bonus? You only go on a hill to improve your line of sight -- while not minding improving your enemy’s line of sight -- for example because you are a fortress.

But even if it were such a walking fortress, and now for the big one, my primary reason for frowning these arctic days:
Why, for the love of god, does the Behemoth have to WALK? For that matter, why are there any ground-based or rather ground-dependent vehicles or units long after the advent of anti-gravity??? But it gets better: Why are there even streets left -- or let us say, the need for them?
While I do believe that even in the days of publicly available anti-gravity people would love to take a walk for recreational purposes (which I found reflected in the design of the solar walkway) the creators seem woefully adherent to the concept which, of course, may well be due to lack of imagination how different such a world would be -- which, in turn, could also be an explanation for the walking Behemoth. You have to comprehend first that with anti-gravity you do not have to use more power the heavier the object. When using anti-gravity, as the word implies, gravity ceases to matter. To the field generator it does not matter how heavy the encompassed objects are. Not even momentum really matters because if you are able to counter gravity, you will know how to generate it -- in every possible direction. You would be able to accelerate almost instantly and make seemingly impossible turns by letting yourself and your vehicle literally fall in another direction, assuming your field generator was capable of producing many Gs (g = earth's gravitational pull on its surface). And depending on the field size you could literally make cities "fly".

One addendum which is not limited to the Arctic Future: As someone who likes his city to be pretty, could you graphic designers please find a way for two-lane-streets to graphically merge with adjacent walkways? And also, if you moved the harbor exactly one building space unit closer to the potential city limits, one could actually build right up to the harbour and let it at least seemingly connect to roads and other buildings.
Furthermore, although this may be dreamland stuff, I would very much like to have a strip of beach to which I would be able to build my city right up to, fitting with beach-/ sand-based buildings. This is an old wish of me and many others and I am somewhat disappointed that with the new expansion of the potential city limits this opportunity for improvement has been missed.

Last edited:

podkap1970

Emperor
gives more experience
normally you get 100 per journey

with her you get 15% more (level 1)
so each crewmember gets 115 experience

helps to level crew members faster
ah yes, thats why some crew members have odd XP numbers :) thanks

i get less promethium now, in my arctic part 4 harbor as in my other arctic harbor where i haven't researched 'Regenerative Methods' and 'Frosty Immunity', on average, and i pay more for it, and i have a better Harbor version (Part 4), sad :)
i guess thats called inflation

Last edited:

DeletedUser7529

Promethium is meant to slow you down.
That means you need to wait with technology to not upgrade harbor and stack all promethium you need for future technologies. Once you have it all you upgrade harbor and you dont need to send ship to arctic any more.
Problem with pay more and get less solved :)

--
Needed changes:
1) 4th crew member slot should be optional - unlocking tech should give bonuses not penalties.
2) Increase base promethium gained to cover higher costs of sending ship.

Wow, that was fast. But the whole rebalancing of the AF-units probably was not in response to my posting ^^.
Too early to pass judgement, but the first thing that slammed in my face was getting hammered by now virtually first strike units recon raider and battle fortress which may have been due to my low expectation of pushback when facing them in battle. ;-)
Oddly enough, this has led to a hover-tank-renaissance in my empire because a second wave of eight enemies is rather difficult to best after suffering two losses and some more damage in the first round ...of the first round -- especially if they pack another assortment of raiders and fortresses.

Of course, from a scientific (and logical) standpoint I do ask myself why not all AF units use masking technology. It is certainly well established, miniaturized and robust enough for single soldier use as evidenced by the surrogate soldier. Naturally, there would be technology to counter masking. Maybe a special unit that has a non-damaging 'shot' that demasks a single unit or units within a certain radius, maybe more power shots, maybe improved sensors that allow a unit to 'see' masked units from a distance (>1).
Stop thinking like you are still in the present. Think: Okay, we are in the future, this stuff is real, everyone has it, would they use it? -- of course they'd use it, would they stop using it? -- hm, would you? ^^ -- so, what do we do now. *g*

[QUOTE="Whiskey-s, post: 38681, member: 6428"

And why do i think GvG is dead? I just see it everywhere... Except these guerilla guilds nobody fights... Every guild has huge territories, their costs are way too high to start a war against another... [/QUOTE]

It's not just that - for example in my main world, our rival guild have such fast computers that they can always replace def armies quicker than we can siege. Meaning that no matter how much we siege we cannot take their sectors, even if they have just 3-4 people on. Which kinda makes the whole exercise pointless, because they then gather in the middle of the night and take ours.

in that sort of scenario, what's the point bothering about GvG? Do something about quick sieging and quick replacing, and then people will start caring again

DeletedUser7454

is there a link for this new GB -- goods requirement, leveling info and rewards.

DeletedUser4446

Good to see that you listened to player feedback and made some changes in the recurring quests.
"Build 4 decos" has now become "build 8 decos".
Ehm ok. Good job, I guess.

DeletedUser4285

Yeah such a
Good to see that you listened to player feedback and made some changes in the recurring quests.
"Build 4 decos" has now become "build 8 decos".
Ehm ok. Good job, I guess.

Yeah such a great job it was that we deserve another 6-10 recurring quests for Arctic Era. :p

podkap1970

Emperor
in don't wanna pose about my crew
i only want to share, how much Promethium they give at lvl 4
Madiha, Pikatthi, Maddox and Bobby that is > here
i had luck to get my best 4 crew members, getting 113 Promethium this time

DeletedUser5799

Not happy with new system for helping your own gb's I have not as yet looked into helping some one else's gb but is there a bug or is it something the game developers have found to be an issue?

It seems when you place fp in your own gb you can only enter 1 fp 5 fp or 10 fp there does not seem to be an option now we could collect up to 99 fp now for us to place the total we have in our fp bar?

It also seems if you press the mouse button you can place a fp you did not have in the bar in the first place if you have fp packs in your inventory this is not needed and should be resisted if this action is not a bug?

I do not like the new set up for gb screens and there was nothing wrong with the original set up , I think the chance is a change for the sake of it un less there are bugs that give the new gb's screen issues that need sorting Out
many thanks Geoff Eyre

DeletedUser7454

well we are back to old GB window -- but my question is why to fix something if it its ain't broken?
The preview of the new system is really cumbersome and there is no need for 2 tabs. we had all info in 1 window.

DeletedUser

"In the meantime our development team is already working on some nice features and new events..."

I don't emphasize new events and "nice" features. Nice features like the new GB window?! LOL

Thanks that we are back to the old GB window and I hope I`ll never see the new one again!

Such nice features and new events are implented only to distract our attention from everlasting bugs and our discontent about the devaluation of Railgun and the undesirable "rebalancing" of arctic units.

I retch whenever I read the word "rebalancing" !

In the meantime, sooo many arctic players are complaining about unnecessary and ridiculous recurring quests - when will this change?

In the meantime, the game becomes slower and slower - especially during GvG and GE actions and especially after 20.00h - when will Inno Games invest money in better servers?

Last edited by a moderator:

qaccy

Emperor
well we are back to old GB window -- but my question is why to fix something if it its ain't broken?
The preview of the new system is really cumbersome and there is no need for 2 tabs. we had all info in 1 window.

Really tired of hearing that 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' line. There are many things in the game that might not be 'broken', but they could certainly be improved. If the GB donation screen eventually reaches a place where packs can be spent without needing to open the FP menu, is that not an improvement? We humans may be naturally averse to change, especially the couch-dwelling Internet Generation, but I personally like seeing things get tweaked. It means the developers are aware of more than some people want to give them credit for. :)

DeletedUser7454

Really tired of hearing that 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' line. There are many things in the game that might not be 'broken', but they could certainly be improved. If the GB donation screen eventually reaches a place where packs can be spent without needing to open the FP menu, is that not an improvement? We humans may be naturally averse to change, especially the couch-dwelling Internet Generation, but I personally like seeing things get tweaked. It means the developers are aware of more than some people want to give them credit for. :)

the problem is that there are many thing that have issues in this game. So if something needs to be fixed that is the lags in the GvG maps, the use of AF treasury (and no the GE use of the treasury is just a band-aid not a fix), the billion confirmatory clicks that one needs to do in this game -- in the recurrent quests, etc.-- and so on.
Introducing the GB new window resulted in 8 pages of complaint within a day. IT IS NOT AN IMPROVEMENT! It is cumbersome, ads additional layer of confusion and useless extra clicks having 2 windows. And I do not want to spend my FP pack blindly without knowing how many FP pack I have left.
The only thing they needed to do is fix the direct access to FP packs on mobile. The system worked well on browsers.