• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback FoE Soccer Cup

WhileatWork

Farmer
I must honestly say that the prices are way too expensive. I spent diamonds on shots and cups, just to see what happens. Over 1800 diamonds spent. I have 2 bleachers and a watchfire to account for it. The game is fun to do, but the winnings are extremely poor. In the worlds on the other servers I will most definitely not spend any diamonds on it.

Same. I usually blow through any diamonds I have saved between events to see what's worth it on the main servers.
About 3500 diamonds spent here:
Some to get shots packages to shoot on cup prizes that are not updating (as in the person who won them, displayed on the bottom is usually a good minute or so off)
Some to get cups for the chest, only to win 14 Observatory prints and a bunch of other stuff that's going to sit in my inventory until I decide to trash it.

I've opened the chest about 18 times. Sure, I want more SoKs, who doesn't? But not one. It played out like this so far:
2 Soccer Stadiums, 1 Grandstand, 2 Bleachers, 3 Watchfires, 2 Renos, 7 2x Obs prints, 1 shots package.
While maybe that's not enough samples to test the percentages, it's enough for me to know if I want a lot of Observatory prints, go for the chest. No thanks.

DeletedUser

10000 cups = 4000 diamonds
so 5000 cups = 2000 diamonds

the same as you paid for the hideout in the winter event

but the Wishing Well is too expensive: 6250 :rolleyes:
should also be 5000 to match the 2000 diamonds compared to the winter event

DeletedUser5429

Well, it's always less than pantheons, shrines of inspiration (and probably of awe and knowledge) => 6250 cups, you should be happy! ;)
Jokes aside, the price is clearly made so that you can only buy a few special items.
For my part, I was kind of surprised that it was "so cheap" for sea scrappers.

DeletedUser7503

when I look at shot selection it seems to be laid out backwards. when risk is higher the reward should be higher also but that's not the way the shots are set up. 100% = 10 20% = 4 10% = 70 5% = 100 so just using probability players are much more likely to get more cups over the 30 days just taking the 100% shot every time, which is BORING. I think the tourney would be more fun if there were an actual incentive to score big by taking chances than simply playing it safe and making the smart bet all the time base on statistical analysis.

secondly I keep seeing all these big score scrolling by but never see anywhere near those numbers in my shot selector. is the neighborhood not completely connected so everyone in the neighborhood has a shot at the big prizes too?

but overall I like the event.

DeletedUser4999

can someone tell me the first 4 missions of the foe soccer cup
forgot to write them down
If you go to Wiki FOE and look up events, you will find the Soccer Cup 2016, you can get the quest details there

DeletedUser4999

yes, providing you have the cups. The prices of the desireable items is ridiculous
yes I agree, the cost to "buy" items is monstorous, and to buy a chest for 700 cups and get crap stuff and the highest percentage pays 1 shot package, won't be spending any diamonds on my en server on this quest either

DeletedUser4285

• The drop chances in the Golden Chest of the Soccer Cup have been updated to make the more wanted buildings stand out better.

What does that mean? i don't seem to see any changes at all in the golden chest cuz the SoK is still 5% and that is an extremely wanted building.

DeletedUser5429

I wondered the same thing. "Stands out" means you see them better, that's all. The percentages haven't been changed.
One could say that was a most desired evolution! :confused:

MagicMiam

Steward
I wondered the same thing. "Stands out" means you see them better, that's all. The percentages haven't been changed.
One could say that was a most desired evolution! :confused:
[Reply]
The percentages have been updated :
pack of shots 20->10%
soocer field, bleachers, grandstand : increases
SoK hasn't been modified

[Suggestion]
Also, this has been said but : it would be great if we could spend our shot packs directly with the '+' button. Going to the inventory makes us waste time...

[BUG]
Now, the most imprtant : I've been trying to buy a Victory Tower (175 cups) from the hourly rewards. There is no way to do that, instead of getting the item you are redirected to the 'buy cups with diamonds" popup. I had 1155 cups when I first tried. I even spent 400 diamonds to see what happens: nothing else than bringing me to 1,9k cups and it is still not working !!!

That's it for now. Glad to give some feedback ;-)
[EDIT : I am new here, but I have figured out that I should report this properly in the mission bug thread, which I will be doing soon]

Last edited:

DeletedUser6908

In general, I'm happy so far with the Soccer Event. Bought 5 Victory Towers today and got 2 Obs prints (don't have an Obs yet) and a Grandstand from 2 chests that I inadvertently bought. That brings me to the first of my two complaints.

It is FAR TOO EASY to click through the 'okay' button on the missed shot or reward window and hit the button underneath. I reported this in the missions forum and was told it was 'not a bug'. (The phrase 'if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck' comes to mind but I'll let that go for now.) Fine, accepting as fact that this isn't a 'bug' that can be 'fixed' then at least move the missed shot and reward windows so that the 'okay' buttons are no longer directly over other buttons. How hard is that to do? Not very.

My second complaint has to do with the (supposedly) 'weekly top scorer'. The countdown timer for last week finished almost 4 days ago and last week's winner AND last week's high score are still displayed. Someone in my hood got VERY lucky and managed to grab a 1705 cup award. Having a prize go that high before someone wins it is NOT likely to happen again so that score is essentially unbeatable. Is this person going to win the trophy every week? What's the point of having a weekly timer if the contest isn't going to reset? I also reported this on the missions forum and my report is still there. I would really appreciate an answer as to what is going to be done on this issue. I have no idea if I might even be in the running for high score this week.

DeletedUser6908

True, that's why I said essentially. The problem is we have no control over how high the prize gets before we win it. It all comes down to (bad) luck to get one that high. I work from home so can check multiple times all day long and have never seen one even 1/2 that high. Still, it's a 'weekly' prize so it should reset every week.

The top score in my hood is 2050, though my highest has been 700. Some people even try to increase the payout for other players and accidentally win the lot of cups. I guess the problem is that the payout for the game is vastly disproportionally less than the diamond payout (which may be the intent), but the actual cup prices for prizes make a lot of sense when compared to the diamond cost for the cups.

I still dont like event exclusives for certain players. It leaves a salty taste in my mouth, even if it is a crappy deco.

DeletedUser7503

top score in my hood is 2k also but highest I've ever seen is 700 and 450 then nothing over 200 ever. it gets boring taking the 100% shot because the rewards are always at the default. inno needs to up the payout on the higher risk shots to entice more players to spend their balls there.

DeletedUser4285

The top score in my hood is 2050, though my highest has been 700. Some people even try to increase the payout for other players and accidentally win the lot of cups. I guess the problem is that the payout for the game is vastly disproportionally less than the diamond payout (which may be the intent), but the actual cup prices for prizes make a lot of sense when compared to the diamond cost for the cups.

I still dont like event exclusives for certain players. It leaves a salty taste in my mouth, even if it is a crappy deco.

My highest is also 700 which I just got now. It's terribly annoying having to click off and go to the inventory to use the shot packages and then go back on.

DeletedUser4446

Last time this event was here, I've seen high scores of 2,500 and more. So don't think you're safe if you hit one at 2,000 or something ;)

DeletedUser5429

To be precise, with probabilities at play, the only way to be safe here is when the count down is finished.
However high your top score, there'll always be a chance - however small - someone beats you.